Fan Fiction ❯ Phoenix's Rise ❯ Reunion ( Chapter 16 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 16
 
Reunion
 
The Titans were trying their hardest, but the giant dragon proved to be stronger. “We need more help!” Beast Boy cried as he was knocked to the ground by Malchior's huge tail.
 
“We can call the Titans East . . . but they'll take a while to get here.” Cyborg suggested as he was swatted like a fly with a gigantic dragon arm.
 
“Cy, you let Bumble Bee know that we need them right now. Phoenix, you and Sorora need to go get Terra.” Robin barked.
 
<Come on, I can't get there on my own! Put the pedal to the metal!> Sorora urged.
 
I'm going . . . relax. Phoenix turned, and started to run as fast as she could to the cave where Terra was.
 
<What if she is your cousin? Did the two of you get along?>
 
We were best friends, but her name is Tammy . . . maybe she chose a new name when she left.
 
<Okay, where's she at?> They were inside of the cave, and both of them were looking around. <Why don't you let me out? I see her, and this is a job for fire.>
 
I also have fire powers!
 
<Yes, but you haven't mastered them enough to be selective. You don't want her to get burned by molten rock . . . do you?>
 
No I don't. “Phoenix Form!”
 
“Yo, Robin! I told Bumble Bee that we need back-up . . . they should be here soon!” Cyborg called to the Boy Wonder.
 
“We need help now!” Raven exclaimed.
 
“Yes, assistance would be much welcomed.” Starfire agreed.
 
“Are we welcome? Hey, guys . . . long time no see!” Terra's voice rang out.
 
Beast Boy and the others stared at the two girls who were running towards them. Nobody had ever realized how much the two looked alike. The only real difference was that one of the girls had blonde hair, the other black.
 
“Dude, you're like . . . twins!” Beast Boy exclaimed. He looked from one to the other, trying to decide if they were both real.
 
“Try calling us cousins.” Phoenix laughed, being used to the reaction.
 
“Well, Terra . . . are you ready to put away another scum-bag?” Robin asked.
 
“Oh yah, I'm way beyond ready.” Terra grinned. Her eyes began to shine the iridescent yellow that signaled she was starting to get a grip on some rocks.
 
“All right then, Titans . . . go!” All of the teenagers rushed forwards to attack the giant dragon.
 
“Do you actually think that one more of you puny humans will be enough to stop ME?” Malchior laughed.
 
“Maybe not, but how `bout a whole other team?” Bumble Bee flew in, and punched Malchior in the snout.
 
“Watch out!” Aqualad warned as he let a huge wave of water wash over the area.
 
“Mas e Menos!” A white streak rushed past, and started to fling mud on the monster.
 
“I'll help you.” Terra got a bus-sized ball of mud, and dropped it over the dragon's head . . . covering it entirely.
 
“We all know what happens to clay when it hardens right?” Phoenix asked as she shot streams of fire over the creature and its covering.
 
“You get pottery, but it isn't very strong until you put a glaze on it.” Speedy replied, watching as Terra added another, thicker layer of mud to the monster. Phoenix nodded, and fired the “pottery” again.
 
“And now we've got a huge statue of a dragon in the middle of the forest! What are we gonna do?” Cyborg asked.
 
“Well, I'm guessing that we aren't going to donate it to the elementary school . . . just look at that thing!” Beast Boy had a point. The creature looked about ready to eat all of the Titans with a gulp.
 
“Raven, could you trap him in the book again?” Robin asked.
 
“I'll see if it'll work.” Raven phased into the ground to return to the Tower and retrieve the white book.