Fan Fiction ❯ Phoenix's Rise ❯ A Bigger Plan ( Chapter 17 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 17
 
A Bigger Plan
 
While the other Titans waited for Raven, the various teens struck up conversations with each other. Robin and Speedy were talking about creating another R-cycle, but calling it the S-cycle.
 
Bumble Bee and Cyborg were arguing about the possibility of Brother Blood not really being gone for good.
 
Mas and Menos were rushing back and forth, like the first time when the two teams met, bringing Starfire various gifts.
 
Aqualad and Beast Boy were whispering, and taking backwards glances at Terra and Phoenix. Aqualad made a quiet suggestion that caused BB to fade from green, to white, and then turn a deep shade of red.
 
Phoenix and Terra were talking about what they had seen while traveling, why they'd left home, and why they thought they had their powers.
 
“It must be something we inherited from our parents.” Terra mused.
 
“No, or else my sisters would've had powers too.” Phoenix shook her head.
 
“Recessive traits don't show up in all of the children . . . your sisters might've just missed out, or not had a chance to develop their powers.” Terra argued.
 
<Powers aren't inherited on earth. They aren't genetic. You were chosen by someone to have your powers. Both of you are destined to do this and more.>
 
“So are you saying that someone is giving powers to kids all over the place?” Terra asked. “Is this some big conspiracy? It can't be a coincidence that Ashley and I BOTH have powers, right?”
 
“Sorora, do you know the answer to that? Is there some big plan for us?” Phoenix was worried, what sick mind would've made her kill her family?
 
<Ashley, nobody made you start that fire . . . it happened because you didn't have control and you didn't know you had powers. It was an accident. Remember, I'm in your mind, so I know what you think.>
 
“You're avoiding the subject. Does somebody have a big plan for us?” Terra asked.
 
<Yes, I don't know what her name is, but I know that several other teens in the area have been included in the woman's plan. I believe that boy, Aqualad, is one of them.>
 
“Huh? Wait a minute . . . earth, fire, water . . . it sounds like someone is trying to assemble the elements!” Phoenix exclaimed.
 
<Great job, Sherlock. Now tell me what you plan to do.> Sorora scoffed.
 
“We need to find the other elements; metal, air, and lightning . . . maybe then we can figure out what's going on.” Terra suggested.
 
<Do either of you know what you're suggesting? You might have to go around the world to find all of the other element holders, and what if they don't want to help?> Sorora was beyond pessimistic now.
 
“If they don't want to help . . . we'll make them.” Phoenix answered.
 
<What about the dangers of bringing all of the elements together?! You could cause the end of the world!> Sorora began to flap her wings indignantly. She hated to be ignored. <Robin! You come here and listen to what these lunatics are planning! All of you, try to talk some sense into these girls!>
 
“What are you thinking about doing? It must be pretty bad to get Sorora so worked up.” Robin chuckled.
 
“Who is Sorora, and where is she?” Bumble Bee asked.
 
<I'm in this nut-case's mind! Somebody stop these two!> Sorora's feathers were flying everywhere as the bird raised her alarm. <They'll get themselves hurt . . . or worse!>
 
“What are you going to do?” Speedy demanded.
 
“If we had a chance to talk . . . we'd tell you!” Phoenix shouted. “Now everyone shut up!”
 
The resulting silence was awesome. Not a single person moved or spoke. Even Mas and Menos understood what Phoenix had said, and froze in mid gift-retrieval.
 
“We need to find someone with air, metal, and lightning powers . . . the last of the elements. Maybe then we can figure out who's planning something with us.” Terra finished.
 
“Well, I'm in. I always wondered why my powers were stronger than everyone else's. Besides . . . I don't want to get into a fight with the two of you.” Aqualad laughed.
 
“Until we know where to go . . . we can't do anything, but we'll let you know when we're going somewhere.” Phoenix told the Atlantian.