Fan Fiction ❯ Phoenix's Rise ❯ Returning Home ( Chapter 23 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Chapter 23

Returning Home

“What are we doing at Titan's Tower? Is one of the Titans a Guardian too?” Airhead asked as they walked in the door. “Shouldn’t we knock?”

“Why? All three of us are Titans, and as long as you want to . . . you’ll be one soon as well.” Phoenix grinned as Airhead’s eyes became even wider than usual.

“Phoenix? Terra? Aqualad? Hey, it’s great to see y’all!” Cyborg called as he emerged from under the T-Car. “Hey man, who are you?”

“Ummm . . . I’m . . . Airhead.” The kid stuttered.

“Well, welcome in, little man! Everyone else is upstairs. Let’s go on up . . . they’re gonna be really happy to see you.” Cyborg said as he walked along with the four travelers.

“I didn’t think I could miss the Tower so much after two days.” Terra sighed.

“I know what you mean. There really is no place like home.” Phoenix agreed.

“You girls don’t got a clue about how miserable BB and Robin have been since you left. I didn’t know about the two of you, Phoenix.” Cyborg chuckled as Phoenix began to blush.

“Would you guys mind if I call back to my Tower after lunch?” Aqualad asked.

“Not at all.” Robin snuck up behind the five. “It’s nice to see you so soon. When I spoke to you last night, I thought you said that you weren’t going to be back for a while.” Robin put an arm over Phoenix’s shoulder.

“We took a vote, and decided that it would be nice to come back for a while before we start looking for another Guardian. Oh, Robin, meet Airhead. Airhead, this is Robin.” Phoenix ushered the shy boy out from hiding behind her. “He’s the Air-Guardian.”

“I hope she didn’t get too mean. She tends to be a real hothead. You should see her when she’s mad . . .” Robin began to joke, but shut up when he saw the behind-the-back glare he was getting. “Never mind.”

“Friends, it is so wonderful that you have returned unharmed! And greetings to you, Head-of-Air.” Starfire shook Airhead’s hand.

“It is good that you all have come back.” Lightfire agreed. He spoke slowly, so he wouldn’t mess up his words.

“Glad you’re back.” Raven said, letting some genuine warmth into her voice.

Beast Boy shot up from his video game. “Dudes . . . you’re back! Awesome, a new kid! What’s your name?”

Airhead took a step back, and Terra smacked BB upside the head. “Can’t you see that you’re freaking him out?! Besides, I thought you’d be happiest to see that I came back so soon, and in one piece. Looks like your doubts about letting me go were unfounded, huh?”

Beast Boy was about to answer when the alarm went off. “What is it this time? Don’t let me guess . . .” Beast Boy faked a brain fart.

“It’s that Chrome-Dome guy, he’s breaking into the bank . . . again. Okay, Airhead, you can stay behind if you want to.” Robin offered.

The boy nodded, sitting down on the couch. “I’m not the best at fighting.”

“Alright then . . . Titans, go!”