Fan Fiction ❯ Remember Allison Road ❯ Aftershock ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Chapter 2- Aftershock

I remember. I remember music, and lines. Lines frim a play.
Drama club. Friends. School. Laughing. Dancing. Eating out.
Parents.
I gasp in air suddenly and wake up. The pain sears up my arm and feels like my skin is being sliced with scizzors. I scream and turn my head to the side so fast I get dizzy. I stop and sigh, take a breath. Softness is all around me. I oprn my eyes and notice I'm in a cozy little bed with fluffy pillows and white sheets. The furnishings in the room are all dark wood, and the light is streaming in though a wall of windows, flanked with white lacy curtians.
Slowly, I sat up. My arm is in bandages. The hotel manager has dressed me in a plain with dress with no bloodstains. Suddenly I notice that there is a small stool at the foot of my bed and there is a person sitting on it.
He looks at me and turns his head to the side like a dog and smiles. He has white hair and ligiht blue eyes. His face looks familliar.
"Hello." He says.
Memories. Familiarity. Walking. Emptiness. Softness. Content.
"W-who are you?" I ask unstably. I don't know how long it's been since I spoke. The boy smiles. All of the sudden I notice something about him. He's partially transparent. Like a ghost, or a spirit, or... something unhuman.
"What's your name?" He asks me. I blink. What IS my name?
"I... don't know." I say slowly. He smiles his sweet smile again.
"I'm Jay." He states.
"What are you?" I ask without meaning to. Jay leans back in his stool.
"I'm whatever you want me to be, your crazy dream, a little ghost boy, or your ticket to the loony bin." He says. This is too much for me to comprehend at the moment, being burried in blankets, feeling like scizzors are cutting my arm to ribbons, and watching a ghost sit and talk to me at the end of my bed. I lean back a little, and the pain slowlly eases away.
Happiness?
No, it's not happiness, I don't think I can find happiness until I remember everything. But I feel okay and safe there in the big bed with the light streaming onto the light carpet floor.
"Jay, where am I?" I ask. There is no answer. I look up at the stool were Jay was sitting. He's gone.
I sigh and close my eyes. The moment I start to relax the door at the end of the room suddenly crashes open.
"She's awake!" Someone gasps. Buy then my eyes are wide open, and I see a crowd of about fifteen people coming into the room. Leading them is the man from the front desk.
"You were asleep for a long time, kiddo." He says to me. "You had the whole lot of us worried to death." The other people chime in little remarks. Oh, I must be at the hotel. Suddenly the pain comes back and I grit my teeth and clench my arm.
"We gave you painkillers a short while ago, they should sart taking effect soon." The man says. I still feel pain, but as a slowly sit backwards it fades away to a dull ache in my arm and side. They all stare at me in fascination. There are old people, a family of four little kids, none that look anything like Jay, a couple that looks like they are on a honeymoon, and other normal citizens.
"Hardly anyone comes out here unless they know us or have relatives out here." He looks at me oddly. "Just where did you come from?" I lower my eyes and stay quiet for a while.
Uneasy. Taunting. Crying. Nothingness.
"I don't know." I say. "I can't remember anything. Not even my... name." I keep my gaze on the floor, but I can tell the people are looking at me with wide eyes.
"Poor girl." An old woman says sadly, shaking her head. The big guy puts a hand on her shoulder.
"I thinks it's time to leave her to be by herself." He says. "My name is Brutus, feel free to wander downstairs if you get hungry or feel better." He smiles and then guides the crowd out of the room. The door clicks shut and again I am alone.
I have time to try and remember. I'm trying as hard as I can, but I can't recall anything.
Melodies. Piano. Haunting. Echo. Time. Space. Darkness. Light. Still, emptiness.
"Try looking here." I hear a voice say. Jay is standing there in his transparent little way, pointing to his neck. I reach up and touch my neck and feel a chain. Slowly I lift it and a small locket falls out of the front of my dress at the end of the chain. Jay smiles and motions for me to open it. It's pretty and golden with two swirly letters engraved on the front. Slowly, I open it. There is a picture inside. I look at it closely for a second or two.
Laughing. Family. Brother. Sister. Mother. Father. Friend. Explosion.
I let out a scream and fire backwards away from the blast. It feels like someone just threw and fifty-pound weight on my head. Memories, too many memories! I don't want to remember, I hate them, I want to forget! I want to forget!!
Suddenly there is no pain. Time halts and I feel something on my forehead. The memories go away. Jay's hand is on my forehead. I breathe heavilly. Slowly, I lift my good arm up and wipe teh sweat off of my face. Jay's eyes hold no emotion, yet they comfort me somehow.
"Don't worry." He says. I sigh. The memories go away, and I know that even if I try with all my might, they won't come back.

Author's Note- Here is the second chappie! Hope you like it! (Yawns) I need to go to sleep, I just finished this at 3:23 in the morning!