Fan Fiction ❯ Road to Somewhere ❯ Harboring Death ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Author: Selece
Genre: Action Adventure/Romance
Pairing: Legolas/OC
Rating: PG-13
Warnings: Violence, language
Disclaimer: I do not own any of the LOTR characters, but I do own Hinageshi, Minaki. This is not for profit. Please don’t sue me, I have no money.

Author's Notes:
Please go to chapter one to see notes.

Quick Thanks to yuhi-thedoerofevildeeds for the awesome review! Finally, someone picked up on tha hint of Fushigi Yuugi used in chapter 1! *hugs*

Road to Somewhere~Chapter 6-~Harboring Death~

About two minutes had passed before Hinageshi lifted herself up off the ground, she notices a small necklace on the ground. She picks it up and places it in her coat; then, motions the others towards her.

Elrohir holds his mouth slightly ajar. "Well, now we know what she keeps in that bag." Elladan nods, saddness still burning deep within the depths of his eyes. "I still cannot believe Lindir has passed."

Hinageshi contiues to stare at the set of footprints before her. Legolas catches her staring at the ground and follows her eyes to see what has caught her attention. Hinageshi looks up to stare at him square in the face. Realization hits him. . "And if we do not hasten, another of our brethren will be lost to these foul creatures!"

Both brothers look ahead and also take notice of the bloodstained trail. Their eyes fill with vengeance at the fresh memory of their mother, Celebrian and her torment. With the death of Lindir, their determination only strengthened.

"Lindir's body was fresh when we discovered him, and the blood has yet to finish drying. If we hurry, the other may still be saved." All three elves look towards Hinageshi seeing the resolve in her eyes. Nodding, they readied for battle.

Hinageshi sighs and rewraps one of her blades, quickly stuffing it back in her bag. Hoisting the bag over her right shoulder, she picks up her remaining blade in her right hand as they all take off at a run following the path before them, leading around a sharp corner.

---------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------
< br> It had not taken long before they started seeing the occasional dead orc cross their path. They could tell the pursuers were in great number, but also slow. The hearts of the twins were filled with anxiety, yet a flutter of relief remained at knowing that the elf kept a reasonable amount of distance from the enemy, but it wouldn't be long before the arrows would run out and hand to hand combat would be the only option left. So they prayed to reach the orcs in time.

Suddenly, they could hear it. The sound of metal clinging against metal and the harsh cries of orcs.

Hinageshi feels her heart start pumping harder as she tries to gain some more speed. 'We're so close, just one more corner...' Grabbing a sharp rock protruding out of the boulder, she uses her body weight to slide across the ground, making the sharp turn and discarding her bag off to the side. Legolas on the other hand grabs Elladan with bows drawn and jumps to higher ground in the hopes of getting a better view of the upcoming targets. Elrohir tightens his hands on the hilt of his sword as he passes the corner just seconds after Hinageshi.

Before them stood an elf, battered and bruised attempting to fend off eight orcs, trying to push them back from the corner they had trapped him in. Hinageshi and Elrohir take immediate action, running off to the opposite sides of each other, ready to slash through an orc. Hinageshi felt an arrow whiz past her face as it struck one in the back, piercing through to it's heart. A loud cry is heard as it falls to the ground, blood splattering out of the body and over its comrades. Two more arrows could be heard leaving their strings. Hinageshi raised her sword, ready to make a horizontal slice through the neck of her first orc, when a second came from the left, yelling like a banshee. The first, being forewarned, ducked blocking her strike.

Without a moments hesitation, Hinageshi followed through with the slash, releasing her sword, letting it fly at an alarming rate, smashing it's hooked end into the center of the other orc's face.

Elrohir, having better luck, is able to pierce his weapon straight through his first target, pulling it out with ease. He makes a grab for his brethren, attempting to give him direct support. Surprise crosses the elf's face at the sight of his old friend. "Elrohir!" Smiling, Elrohir connects his back with the other elf's, holding his sword out, ready for battle. "Rumil, we thought you could use some assistance." Relief flooded his face as the number of foes decreased rapidly.

Another enemy falls to the ground pierced with five arrows, three sticking out of its back and one on each arm.

Hinageshi realizes her mistake as her first foe began to slice at her with rage. She evades the attacks, moving them in the direction of her sword. Running backwards in haste, she trips and falls back, eyes wide as she sees the orc dive for her with its sword ready to ram straight through her stomach. Reaching her arm back, she is able to pluck her sword from the dead corpse, bringing it around. Crashing into the orc's sword, she redirects it off to the right, barely registering the sound of a sword slicing through her sleeve and the sound of metal being pierced. Just as its body was about to fall on her, two more arrows flew into the air, hitting their target with great force, causing the body to fall to the side, missing her by six inches. Looking up at her two elf companions, she sends them a quick smirk and gives them a thumbs up with her left hand.

Picking herself up off the ground, she hears a slick 'crack' and quickly shifts the majority of her weight onto her left arm. Getting up she takes her sword into her left arm and runs over to assist the others.

"I think we can handle three. You take the left, i'll take the right." Elrohir breathily whispers. Nodding Rumil prepares to attack. Both elves dash head on for the enemy, swords drawn. From behind Hinageshi moves in for the center orc, a fierce look upon her face. Bringing up her sword, to the orcs back, she begins to raise her voice. Another set of arrows flys past her face, each piercing the orcs next to her target. Following through, she holds the hilt with her left hand and uses her right to push the back of it into the orc's back, slightly raising it off the ground, then dropping it to the floor. She huffed, hearing the sound of Elrohir and Rumil slice through the last of the eight orcs, hearing their bodies crash to the ground.

Giving a slight laugh, Rumil falls to the ground, nearly passing out. Elrohir and Hinageshi rush to his side. Hinageshi immediately lays his upper body onto her, supporting him as he tries to regain his breath. "Thank you," he whispers. Elrohir grabs water and helps Rumil drink it in small sips.

Legolas and Elladan jump down from the rocks, rushing over to help their fallen comrade. Worry covers their faces at the sight before them. "Rumil, what happened?" Legolas speaks as he lightly places his hand on his friend's shoulder.

Hinageshi places her hand on Legolas, staring at Rumil in concern. "I think we should bandage him up first. I've got some stuff in my bag. "Elladan, would you be so kind as to bring it over?" Nodding, Elladan rushes off to get her bag, and Legolas backs up to give Rumil some air. Coming back from the corner they had previously crossed, Elladan drops the bag next to Hinageshi, and she starts to sift through it, looking for her first aide kit. 'Ami always makes me promise to carry one of these around...just in case. I guess I owe her, but then again, she doesn't have to know.' Pulling it out, she starts to examine Rumil's injuries, looking for any sign of poisons or internal bleeding.

Rumil blushes, unused to being prodded by a strange woman. The others laugh and smile when Hinageshi dusts off her hands and helps the elf stand up, keeping her arm around his shoulder. Elrohir moves in to support the other side of Rumil.

Once again, Legolas questions the elf. Looking at the prince in dispair, he tells them what happened. "Lindir had joined my brothers and I in Lorien. Haldir had decided to have Orophin and I travel more about the Middle Earth to see her beauty and extend our knowledge of the Westron speech. I decided to be the first to travel, since it was a simple journey to Imladris with Lindir." Shaking from exhaustion, he takes a moment to regain his composure. "While traveling the path of the High Pass, we encountered something of great concern. We came across an opening never before seen. It looked as if someone or something had carved it out recently.

That's when we heard them. At first we thought some fellow brethren were traveling through the pass as well, but what we found was more than simple travelers. It seems that an elf has consented with the orcs that lay deep within the Mines of Moria!"

"What!? That's impossible! The Fellowship all saw them leave the mines shortly after we escaped the Balrog." Legolas stares at Rumil in suprise and fear began to well up inside of him.

"It is true, Lindir and I heard both talking, and then spotted them exiting the cave with a small band of orcs following. The elf and orc decided to go back, but the band stayed on watch. We were up all night, waiting for them to leave, but they never did. When day arose, I used my swift elven feet to guide me ahead in the hopes of finding safe passage for Lindir, but I was spotted some ways down the road. I did not get the chance to go back for him. I..." Looking down, Rumil fell into silence.

Elladan walked over to Rumil, forcing him to look into his eyes. "It is not your fault. You did what you could." A shadow of grief covered the elves as the all began to slowly walk back onto the trail.

Legolas stared in the direction of Rivendell with eagerness. "We must go as fast as our feet will carry us for we must send warning to all of this. If the orcs truly are being guided by elf, our people may be in the greatest of danger."

Hinageshi picked up her bag with her left arm and began to walk with the others, praying for their sorrows to be eased. For the next couple of hours, she spent her time mapping out the lands of the west of Middle Earth. 'Shimatta! My instincts are tellin' me something bad is gonna go down...and my arm..."

---------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------

Eck, I might need to reconstruct this chapter later, but I do hope it will suffice for now.