Fan Fiction ❯ Road to Somewhere ❯ The Crimson Trail ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Author: Selece
Genre: Action Adventure/Romance
Pairing: Legolas/OC
Rating: PG-13
Warnings: Violence, language
Disclaimer: I do not own any of the LOTR characters, but I do own Hinageshi, Minaki. This is not for profit. Please don’t sue me, I have no money.

Author's Notes:
[BIG NOTICE!!! sorta...I'll be changing some details in the Author's Notes from the First Chapter. I'll probably add replies to ppl's nice reviews there as well! But mainly it will be used for info about the stories progress.]

OMG, I never truly realized how many details I had forgotten about LotR. lol. I honestly had not read the trilogy in over 6 yrs! I finally picked up the books and reread them. Now i've got a little more knowledge on my shoulders, lol. But knowing me, I'll probably still mix things up. haha. Oh well. I've just gotta try my best! I'm also trying to organize my writting style, I know if sounds repetitive and confusing, but please try to bare with me, i'm slow on the intake. ^-~

Thanks to Jayn and Celesta Hellewise Harman for reviewin' my story! Ya'll have no idea how much that means to me! It really helps me continue this story! *hugs* Much Thanks! ^-^

Oi, Jayn, I hope you haven't gone camping yet! I made this chapter a lil longer just for you! I hope the story will finally get a lil more interesting!

Just to let everybody know, this story will not be based solely on Hinageshi and Legolas' relationship; it will be taking on a whole bigger issue. I hope you'll all like it as much as I do! :)

“” spoken words
‘’ thoughts

BTW, some of the words in ' ' are not thoughts, but i'm sure ya'll figured that out on ur own, lol.

Road to Somewhere~Chapter 5-~The Crimson Trail~


It had been a few days since they had reached the Misty Mountains. They were on their way through the High Pass, the three elves hoping that the ill will of Carahdras would not befall them since they carried Hinageshi with them. It was still the summer of 1422 and the snow of the mountains had lessened greatly, but patches still covered parts of the paths. All attempted to stay light on their toes as they were making their way uphill.

Throughout the days, Elladan spends his time contemplating on what's in Hinageshi's bag, while Elrohir ponders over his brother's obsession over it.

Rolling his eyes, Elrohir turns his attention to Legolas. The elf prince's view of Hinageshi still held suspicion, but also a look of confusion and disbelief.

------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------

*< i>flashback*

It was the early hours of the morning when Elrohir sat with his back against a flat rock waiting for Legolas to return so that he could start his shift. The sun had yet to rise, when Legolas came into view and took residence next to Elrohir. "Hail...," he says, and silence. Thinking over Hinageshi's words at the Anduin, Elrohir sighs. "The lady seems very troubled indeed, and I believe she can look beyond your face and see the suspicion in your eyes, Legolas."

"If my views seem bold, please tell me, my old friend." Legolas looks towards her. "Is it so wrong for one to feel this way when approached by such a dark person? She is nothing I have ever seen before in a lady. And that scar..."

Smiling, Elrohir places his hand on Legolas' shoulder. "Ah, you have seen it as well. Such a terrible mark to be left on any lady’s face. One cannot wonder why she hides it for it gives her image strength."

"Aye." Legolas looks down at the ground and traces patterns in the dirt with his boot.

"Legolas, there is something that I have been meaning to discuss with you over the matters of Lady Hinageshi." Elrohir removes his hand from his friend's shoulder and places it on his own knee. "Two nights ago, I spoke with the lady and what she revealed to me left me stunned and albeit confused. She seemed so very lost and from what I could gather, we are dealing with no simple situation. I have come to believe that she has no connection with Middle Earth."

Snapping his head up and with widened eyes, Legolas stares back at Hinageshi's sleeping form. "Are you telling me that you believe she is not of this world!?"

Nodding, Elrohir replies, "Aye... She speaks of Middle Earth as if it is not her own. My concern is that if this tale is true, we have little council for helping her." Suddenly, Elrohir stands and begins to walk off. "Not one to neglect my duties, I shall take leave of you and stand watch..."

Letting Elrohir's words stir in his thoughts, Legolas remains silent for the remainder of the night.

"Elrohir!"

*end flashback*

--------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------------------------

Shaking out of his reverie, Elrohir looks towards the one who called out to him, and suddenly laughs at the image before him. He finds Elladan covered in snow with a look of discontent. Hinageshi swipes her hands over Elladan's shoulders trying to remove the snow with the slightest smirk across her face. "You should really be more careful."

Elladan stares at everyone in dismay as he hears Legolas give a little laugh at the sight. Giving a huff, Elladan starts to stalk ahead of the others in anger and embarrassment.

Elrohir paces ahead to catch up with his brother. "Dear brother do not be this way...," strectching his hand out across the sky he continues, "for it is a beautiful day, and the sun, she shines with such brilliance that the..."

Both brothers slow down and eventually stop with looks of utmost horror upon their faces. "Sweet Valor..." "What happened!?"

Hinageshi and Legolas briefly share a look of concern at each other and rush to see why they had stopped. Before they could reach them, Elladan is seen decending down a small drop on the trail. Elrohir hesitates, but starts to follow his brother.

Running up, Legolas grabs Elrohir's shoulder from behind still unable to see what has caught the brother's eyes. "Elrohir, what is going on?"

Hinageshi runs ahead, the view below hitting her full force. "Jesus Christ!" She brings her right arm back and grabs Elrohir's other shoulder.

Down below, the most frightful of scenes lay before them. Blood was splattered everywhere. Hardly an inch uncovered in the red liquid, and in the center of it all was Elladan clutching the remains of a single elf. It's body mauled. Only the face lay somewhat recognizable. An image of pure horror lay across it, showing the being's painfully clear, dying moment. Rocking slowly back and forth, Elladan squeezes the body closer to him as tears begin to streak his face.

Elrohir pushes past Hinageshi as he stumbles down towards his brother whispering a single name. "L-Lindir..."

Legolas frowns at the sight and fills with grief as he hears the name of his fallen kindred.

Hinageshi's mind filters through her memories, trying to recall the name. "Lindir...Lindir, one of the many elves of Rivendell. One with an enchanting voice and lover of music and merrymaking. He was the one named in the book...I remember..from the Hall of Fire. Now..he is' "but a memory..." Eyes widening she looks off to the right, seeing a group of footprints trailing off. One similar to that of an elf's and the others were unknown to her. Glancing at this new discovery, her heart quickens in anger and fear.

She blinks as Legolas passes her and decends to the others. Hinageshi trails down after them walking closer towards her earlier discovery and sets down her bag. The others completely ignore her as they try to take in the situation with Lindir. With shaky hands, she slides open her bag and begins to dig through it. 'This isn't good.' Taking a side glance at the blood trail, she counts the mixed footprints. 'There have got to be at least seven or eight of them.' Slowly, she pulls out a long object wrapped in black cloth with two strings tied around it. Clearning the ground of some splattered dirt, she lays the object down and begins to untie the strings. She unravels the cloth covering, revealing two long handled katanas with hooked ends...

---------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------

Elrohir silently lays a blanket over Lindir's body, while Elladan walks over to Legolas who is looking down at the rocks below a steep cliff. Pointing downwards with his left hand, Legolas shares with Elladan evidence of Lindir's attackers. "Yrch!”

At that moment, time seemed to stop.

She could hear it. The precise sound of an arrow being notched on a bow and the ‘twang’ sound it makes when let loose. In a matter of seconds, her heart started pumping as the adrenaline took control. With all her strength, she extended her left leg behind her, grabbed her twin swords, and flipped her body over. While she was still in the air, the arrow came into plain view as it rushed for her head.

A loud ‘thud’ was heard as her body hit the ground. All three elves grabbed their weapons, eyes still wide in shock at the scene played out before them. As swift as the wind, Legolas let his arrow fly, hitting the orc in the back as it tried to flee and watched as it’s body fell off the boulder and at Hinageshi’s feet. Elladan and Elrohir with Legolas in tow dashed towards Hinageshi to make sure she was all right.

Her body still lay in the same position she had landed in. Her breath was rapid and her eyes were sternly fixed on the arrow’s poisoned tip just two inches away from the bridge between her eyes. Her two swords clenched together tightly at the hooked ends, clasping desperately to the arrow head. Stepping out of her trance, she smiles in satisfaction, and casts the arrow to the side. Sitting up, she stares at the dead orc laying at her feet.

“Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.”

------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------------

Haha. Sorry if ya’ll don’t like that last line. My friend asked me ta use it. >.<

If ya'll liked tha chapter, pls feel free to review or rate it. :) I always get a rush of ideas whenever people write to me, but please refrain from flames. If you didn't like the story, then i'm sorry for wasting your time, and good luck in finding one you luck, just don't be cruel. Bad Charma People! *shakes fist*