Fan Fiction ❯ Road to Somewhere ❯ Traveling Caravan ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Author: Selece
Genre: Action Adventure/Romance
Pairing: Legolas/OC
Rating: PG-13
Warnings: Violence, language
Disclaimer: I do not own any of the LOTR characters, but I do own Hinageshi, Minaki. This is not for profit. Please don’t sue me, I have no money.
Summary: Hinageshi finds herself in Middle Earth with no way home. In her attempt to return to her lonely home, she finds a better one along the way.

Author's Notes:

I finally used my brain and searched the internet to figure out what tha hell "Mary Sue" meant. >.< Yes, I didn't know what it meant... Anywho, I'm trying to lessen the impact of invincibility and what-not in this story. It's proving to be really difficult. The last thing I want is to annoy readers with a completely perfect and sugary sweet girl who does the whole love-at-first-sight bit... I know that not everyone can like my character as much as I do because she plays out things perfectly the way I want them to, but hopefully I can get around some of it. The actual manga that is based on my character would probably help clear things up, but I haven't finished drawing it. >.< I have two crappy rough drafts on my deviant art page: Title Page: http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/13562351/ Page1: http://www.deviantart.com/view/13395682/ and Page 2: http://www.deviantart.com/view/13606678/
Might change the title, sounds cheezy. Anywho, I'm not entirely sure how i'm goin' to approach the whole breaking down of my character's invincibility. I was thinkin' of building her up with the image of an unstoppable force, but then start to strip that image away as time progressed. Not sure. Hurts my brain just thinkin' about it. lol.

I know that I have brought up one hint of her past in chapter 3: ("Unless someone's been playing around in their genetics lab again..." I shudder at that last thought.) I figure i'll bring up bits and pieces of her story to help make her seem more 'human' by experiencing pain, suffering, all other emotions and experiences that entail. If anyone has some suggestions or what-not please feel free to provide, just realize that if you do, i'll probably alter them a bit.

Updated: I finally finished tha chapter! yay! I think it kinda slows down here cuz I had a little trouble with this one.

BTW, thanks to Jayn and Celesta for their lovely reviews! :) *hugs* I really do appreciate it!

Road to Somewhere~Chapter 3-~Traveling Caravan~-

Five hours had passed since they left camp. A sight rarely seen near the outskirts of Mirkwood forest, three elves and a strangely dressed woman swiftly dash through the trees leaving nothing but a wisp of air behind them. Silent as the grave.

From a bird's eye view, one could see four figures equally spaced out traveling like a pack of wolves, only their hastened breathing reaching each other's ears.

Running with as much strength as she could muster, Hinageshi took lead with Elrohir, both waiting for the light indicating the outskirts of Mirkwood. 'It's almost been half a day's travel, if I don't see the exit soon, i'm gonna burst with disappointment!'

A sucker for challenges, she refuses to let her self lose, even if she is the only player in her own game. With a determined smirk, she picks up the pace, determined to reach her goal. In shock, the others falter for a second, but hasten to catch up with her. Elladan makes towards Legolas and nudges him with his arm looking towards Hinageshi with unadulterated surprise. "I can't believe she's been able to keep up with us this entire time! She's as fast as any other elf. I think maybe even Elessar." Done with his quick praise of their guest, Elladan retreats to his original position.

Legolas begins to stare at her in suspicion. 'Such a strange woman. Can she truly be trusted?' Sighing, he looks dead ahead as the blinding light revealing the exit to the forest comes closer into view. 'I will have to wait until we reach Rivendell to inquire about this...'

--------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------

Upon seeing the light, Hinageshi began slowing down to a comfortable pace as the sun reached its full potential. It was a beautiful day. Few clouds in the sky with a soft breeze flowing across the open fields whipping her long, black hair to the side. (That's so traditional anime stuff right there, lol.) Taking in the aesthetic view, she sighs at the untouched beauty of nature. Not one skyscraper or smoke stack. Clean, crisp air and the most luscious palette of green spreading to the horizon and beyond. 'It's poetry within itself...'

Turning towards the others she inquires about their next move. "I'm assuming, since the sun is barely past noon, that we'll continue traveling."

Legolas begins walking over a small hill and onto the old forest road. "We will be heading to the old ford bridge where the Anduin (The Great River) River lies. It will be a mere seven hours, then we shall make camp." He continued to walk testing to see if this maiden would protest. 'She's got to be fatigued, it just doesn't make sense if otherwise...'

Smiling at the other two, who were giving her concerned looks, she walks ahead with Legolas ready for the next part of the day's walk.

------------------------------------------------------------ ----------------------------------

A visual conundrum. That’s what he labeled her as. One minute she carries the kindest of smiles, and next she’s knocking you to the ground with the most malicious of glares. ’Very unbecoming of any maiden. He cannot help but be cautious of this woman. Her whole demeanor unnerved him. Her image is more of a warrior than a lady. ‘And her name…’ He scrunches his nose in deep thought. It is definitely one he had never come across before.

He could tell they were closing in on the Anduin. His sensitive ears could pick up on the calm flow of the river.

Relief filled his thoughts at this. For the hours they’d been traveling, he could not help but feel suspicious of this maiden. Maybe it was the fact that deep inside, she intimidated him. Her height alone can easily match that of an average man. ‘Just where exactly is she from?’

----------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------

From the back Elladan kept staring and staring. The massive bag Hinageshi was carrying on his mind. Shaking his head he laughs at his own antics. ‘Possibly the same things any other maiden would carry…just let it go Elladan.’ But in the back of his mind, the question kept poking at him about the contents of that bag. He starts glaring at it as if that would get him one step closer to the answer.

Hinageshi lifts her head up at the feeling of being watched and makes an annoyed face. “Elladan, stop it.”

Eyes widening, Elladan quickly looks at the ground, trying to hid his embarrassment. To his right Elrohir lets out a small laugh at his brother’s obsession over that bag.

Shortly after, they reached the Anduin River, stopping short of the Old Ford Bridge. The sun had since past and left a glimmering, star-filled sky with a bright full moon reflecting off the clear river water. What was left of the afternoon breeze swept sweetly across the flowing waters, creating the smallest of waves.

Drinking in the image before her, Hinageshi inhaled the brisk night air and advanced towards the river bank wanting a closer view.

The others were oblivious as they began to set up tonight’s camp. Legolas immediately went off on a quick patrol of the area, while Elladan left in search of fire wood. Elrohir on the other hand chose to join Hinageshi at the river bank and gather fresh water for the next part of the journey.

Kneeling down at the river, he looked up at the stars with the slightest smile. "The sky holds much beauty and yet is a complete mystery to all."

Hinageshi simply nods knowing differently. 'Even though Earth knows more of outter space, no matter how much knowledge I have of the stars, they still remain a mystery to me as does life itself.' Gazing at the brightest ones in the sky, she thinks of her friends and prays that all is well back home.

Elrohir turns his gaze to her, noticing the worried look etched on her face. "Lady Hinageshi, are you unwell?" She smiles down at him. "Please, just call me Hinageshi, and no, I am not ill. I was just thinking." Showing interest, Elrohir finishes the last of his duties and turns to her. "May I inquire?"

Looking back up at the stars, she pictures the face of her friend, Amy. "My path seems to have changed. One day I'm sitting in the comfort of my home, waiting for the next day when I would see my dear friend once again, only to wake up in this enchanting world with three elves and completely at a loss." Eyes becoming unfocused, she continues. "Where am I going and what will I find along the way? I was leaving home in order to find a new purpose, but this place..." She faces back to Elrohir with a lost look. "I'm left in a place I hardly know and that makes things a lot more complicated."

Staring in at her with wide eyes, Elrohir swallows her words and realizes the extent of her meaning of 'lost'. 'From another world...'

They continued to stare at the night sky, both trying to search for answers to the questions flooding their minds in the mystery of the glittering stars of Middle Earth...

~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~ `~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~

Nothing like a lil serious convo with an elf. I hope that didn't bore ya'll too much. I'll try and make it more interesting, just gotta find more plot bunnies. >.<