Fan Fiction ❯ Road to Somewhere ❯ From One To Four ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Oh wow, it's been a long time since I last wrote a new chapter! lol. I doubt many people like this story, but I was eager to add a new chapter since Jayn gave me a nice little review. Thanks much! I truly appreciate it. Same as usual, please do not flame. If you do not like my story, then you do not have to read it, lol. It's not like i'm gonna force ya. >.<

Disclaimer: I do not own the characters of LOTR, but I do own my character Hinageshi, Minaki. Please don’t sue, I have no money! ^^;;;

Summary: Hinageshi finds herself in Middle Earth with no idea how to get back home. In her attempt to return to her lonely world, she finds a more suitable life in the fourth age.


Road to Somewhere ~ Chapter3 -~From One to Four~-

'Everything is black....wha-?'

Sounds of birds chirping and rushing waters reach my ear. I begin to open my eyes as the few rays of sunlight break through the forest canopy and straight onto my eyelids.

Realization starts to set in as my eyes flash open and my mind clears. Soreness envelops me as I feel my body stitching itself back together at a rapid pace. Deciding to lay still, I close my eyes and listen to my surroundings, whilst trying to calm my anxiety.

Taking a deep breath, I concentrate on nature and here the most peaceful of things... 'This place lives in hamony; everything is so lively. I've never heard of such calm any where on Earth before.' Flickerings of ash from a small campfire. The rustling of leaves as the wind creeps through the trees. Squirrels jumping from branch to branch. Everything connected.

A loud 'crunch' echoes through the air breaking the harmonic flow. 'I'm not alone...' I open my eyes and sit in the hopes of taking a more evasive stance, but my ribs protest from the sudden abuse. Grunting, I manage to sit up and stare in the direction of the approachers.

My heart quickens as I see glimpses of their bodies. 'Friend or Foe?' Sliding my hand down my right boot, I snatch a small dagger and slowly slide it closer to the opening. Ready for defense.

Upon reaching camp, the three figures stop in their tracks as soon as they see my cautious stance. It is one hell of a staring contest. Thirty minutes must have passed by the time anyone spoke. 'Geez! They're worse than Amy!'

During the alotted time, I used my periferal vision to size them all up. They basically wore the same outfits, just variations in color. They all have such long hair: The two on the outer ends have jet black hair and look like they're related. They were all built strong and tall. Mainly the blonde one in the middle. Each with stiff posture, skepticism in their eyes, and....'those ears!' Eyes widening, my mind takes in many realizations all at once. 'Their ears...they're pointy!' This revelation alone makes me want to poke and tug at them. It is so strange. I had never encountered an elf before. The whole ear thing makes the gears in my head turn as I realize that I'm probably not on Earth. "Unless someone's been playing around in their genetics lab again..." I shudder at that last thought.

Upon seeing this, the blonde one snatches a small blanket from a small bag on the ground and advances towards me. I stiffen at his movements and jerk back a low growl coming from deep within my throat.

Stopping, he smiles and reaches out to me with his hand. "Do not be afraid, milady."

Total confusion clouds my eyes as this new language escapes his tongue. "You've got to be kidding me..." How expected. I can't understand a word he's saying. The tone of his voice seems surreal and kind, but I cannot help but hold doubt. 'I never can seem to trust.' I roll my eyes and take his hand in a tight grasp as he hoists me up on my feet. "Looks like I don't have much of a choice as of now." I need help, and so far they're my best bet...'damn my bad luck.'

The blonde one gives me a soft smile and hands me the blanket. "I see you speak the language of man. What is your name, milady?"

Relief fills my heart as I take the offered blanket 'even though i'm not the least bit cold,' and here english escape his lips. 'Thank the gods.' I sigh and sweatdrop when he calls me 'milady.' No one has ever called me a lady, how absurd.

I laugh and retake his hand in a firm handshake. "It's Hinageshi. You?"

His eyebrows scrunch at the sound of the foreign word and attempts to pronouce it. "Ah, Lady Hinagesh-" I fluster by the awkwardness of his words and quickly correct him. "Please, just Hinageshi."

He stares at me oddly for a second, but nods his head and continues. "I am Legolas, and these are my companions Elrohir, and Elladan."

My eyes widened at those names as I realized what they implied. 'No way! Oh man, this is just too much, I must be dreamin' or something. Either I've had too much to drink, or I need one. It's just a book, there's no way that this can been true...' I turn around and quickly pinche myself. 'Damn that hurt!' I turn back around and give them an unsure smile.

Thinking back on those giant spiders, I begin to guess my current location. "So, this wouldn't be by any chance Mirkwood, would it?" Saying a silent prayer in my head, I hope that the reply is either yes or somewhere along the lines of Earth. Of course I know Earth, and a little bit of Middle Earth. At least I'd have some direction. 'Thank God there's a map on those damn books.'

"Ah yes. This is indeed Mirkwood, mila–," coughing he corrects himself, "Hinageshi."

At a loss for words, I stare off into space and contemplate my situation. 'I can't believe it, I'm really here in Middle Earth. Now what? Even though I could probably find my way out of here, I have zero connections. Playing the role of the sitting duck isn't wise. I guess i'll have to play the damsel in distress bit.' Scrunching my face in annoyance, I gather up some determination.

"It seems that I have lost my way home. I'm not sure how I got here or what I am to do. I would greatly appreciate your assistance." With the utmost courtesy, I bow low in respect. Looking up I notice kindness in their faces. 'Well, that's one point for me...'

Elladan casually walks forward with a massive grin plastered on his face. "I for one definitely believe you," he glances over my black, foreign clothes with curiosity, "Besides, we would never allow any fair lady, no matter how strange, be left unprotected in such a dangerous place."

He pinched a nerve. Sometimes I cannot help but flare at people's bluntness to my indifference. 'But I do look out of place here...' Taking in a calming breath, I smile as sweetly as possible and wait in anticipation for the others to respond.

Elrohir nods in agreement as Legolas smiles. "We are travelling to Rivendell. If you are as lost as you say, we shall take you to Lord Elrond. I'm sure he'll be of more assistance."

With renewed hope, I straightened my posture, ready to take on this new task. "Sounds like a plan...Let me just get–my–stuff...Crap..." With brief panic in my eyes, I started to stare at the ground in hopes of finding my bag. I started to become frantic.

Legolas laughs at my antics and grabs my arm. "Ahem." I glare at him and in my anger, I shift my body to the side and swipe my leg under the back of his knees. He falls down on his ass, a look of surprise plastering his face. "I hardly see the humor in this, Legolas! That bag has a lot of important stuff in it!" I could faintly here supressed laughter coming from the two behind us.

Now it was his turn to be infuriated. Picking himself up off the ground, he grabs her arm and turns her around. "That was uncalled for!" Now the twins were cracking up. Elrohir latches onto his stomach. "Priceless! The great Prince taken down by a mere woman! Ha ha!"

'Why that little...' Clenching my fists, I turn and give Elrohir my coldest glare making him shut up instantly. 'Ha ha, that's what I thought...' Going back to the subject at hand, my eyes glared back into Legolas'. "I need to find it..."

Trying to keep his patience, he sighed and simply pointed towards a tree directly ten feet from my current position. Staring at it in relief, I rush over and sling it on my back. My wounds have completely healed judging from the absence of pain. Then I stop as I realize what just happened. 'Oh...' Turning back to the others I make an apologetic face. "Uh...Oops?" With one hand on the bag strap and the other rubbing the back of my head, I walk over to Legolas and apologize profusely.

Nodding his head, he turned around and started walking away. "It is still morning. If we leave now, we can still make good time and be out of Mirkwood by two day's travel. The others made a face as they heard this and looked at me.

I look on in confusion. "What did I do?"

Elladan looks at me and smiles. "Elrohir and I forgot that humans travel slower than elves. We estimated it to be just half a day's journey."

Giving them a devious smirk, I do a full body stretch to prepare for the journey. "Really now?"