Fan Fiction ❯ Sacred Pentacle ❯ Chapter 6

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER SIX
 
The sun came so morning came as well.
 
They bid goodbye to Inogu's family and headed back to their hotel.
 
“I don't feel like I was able to sleep at all…” Denra complained.
 
“Me neither.” Ajine yawned.
 
“I can't believe you were defeated by that fire caster…” Hitei was talking to Nekuri.
 
“I wasn't defeated. I decided to make her think she could defeat me and also make Ajine think so,” Nekuri explained.
 
“So you planned it all along?” Gekuren assumed.
 
“In a way yes. After all, look at the progress. Ajine can't only use her sword skills effectively but she can now also use her inner strength.”
 
“You tricked ME!” Ajine blurted out.
 
She nodded.
 
“Whatever.” Denra yawned and hooked her arm on Gekuren's arm.
 
“Hey Gekuren, do you mind if I ride on your bike today. You seem awful tired from the last battle,” said Hitei.
 
“Alright… but if you scratch it you're dead!” Gekuren threatened.
 
Hitei laughed.
 
 
Why are you here!” a voice roared.
 
“Lord… Lord Aku-rei… I…” Natsu recoiled. The huge man with appalling red hair was scaring her completely.
 
“I have no time for this Natsu…” Light began to gather before him.
 
Light footsteps were heard.
 
The light faded away…
 
“Yukari…” He seemed glad.
 
“Surprised to see me?” A lightly dressed lady of numerous white curling locks and brownish black eyes asked.
 
“And this means?”
 
“Only if you spare my sister's insolence.” Yukari smiled her sweet smile. She stood proud before him with several companions.
 
“All right.” He flung Natsu to Yukari's direction but Yukari stepped sideways so Natsu hit hard armor.
 
Natsu stood up… “A Swordian… Swordian Knight.” She couldn't believe it.
 
“I brought some friends as well.” She said.
 
“Why are you all of a sudden on my side?” Aku-rei wanted to know.
 
“Let's just say I know the future and I'd love to participate in this great battle,” was her answer.
 
They both laughed in unison.
 
 
Let's go!!” Hitei declared happily as he rode Gekuren's Harley.
 
“Hey take good care of that!” He heard Gekuren.
 
Hitei loved driving Gekuren's motorcycle.
 
“HITEI, you're going the wrong way!” Nekuri scolded.
 
“Oooppsss…”
 
 
“Look at them.” Mizumeko meant the three sleeping at the back.
 
“They look like babies…” Nekuri said.
 
Both Denra and Ajine were leaning on Gekuren.
 
Nekuri yawned and pushed down her sunglasses… sunglasses she found hanging by the rearview mirror.
 
“Maybe you should rest too. Want me to drive?”
 
She stared blankly at him.
 
He seemed all too serious about this offer.
 
“As if you can drive kiddo!” Nekuri told him and changed the gear.
 
“Oh yeah.” Mizumeko almost forgot.
 
 
No!” Hitei screamed but Natsu already aimed for Denra… he tried his best to teleport but he just couldn't.
 
Hitei went back to reality. He remembered he was driving Gekuren's motorcycle and that he'd kill him if he damaged it. Hitei still couldn't teleport despite the fact Mizumeko already leveled up his use of energy…
 
“You don't have two years this time. You don't have two years to learn this technique and Hitei… Hitei is gone. He can't help you anymore… You are Hitei now…” he said to himself.
 
Nekuri yawned and struggled to keep awake. None of them seemed to have gotten a good sleep at Inogu's house. Mizumeko closed his eyes to rest…
 
Ajine saw the same dream… but this time the guy who seemed to be a god, called her by her name. The surroundings were frozen…
 
“How'd you know - “
 
“I'm a god,” he answered with such sweetness. He still held the lady just like the dream.
 
Ajine could clearly see that the lady's hair was jet-black, shining and beautiful but she could not see her face for she faced the other direction.
“Who are you?” It seemed all too real.
 
“Zento-sama. You need to help her for she is lost…” he told her.
 
“Lost? … I don't understand!”
 
But he began to fade with the rest of the dream.
 
“Wait!” Ajine woke up with her hand thrusting forward as if reaching out.
 
“What's the matter?” Gekuren wished to know.
 
Mizumeko stared at her with annoyance.
 
“Nothing…” Ajine was way embarrassed yet she wondered what this Zento-sama meant.
 
 
What kind of place is this?” Denra complained as she entered the dull and boring room they had just rented.
 
Hitei sighed as he put the bags he carried down. They just arrived in Yuranasu and were beginning to settle in the hotel.
 
“Pretty good for such a cheap price,” came a comment from Ajine.
 
“This place is ugly!” Mizumeko made a face.
 
Gekuren entered after him and crashed on one of the king-sized beds.
 
“Why didn't we get a hotel room just like the last time?” Denra asked.
 
“We don't need a beautiful and expensive room when we might not even stay for the night just like the last time!” Nekuri shot back.
 
She could only frown.
 
“Lads in one bed and lasses on the other.” Hitei put a pillow behind his back as he sat on a bed.
 
“Hey!” Ajine snatched it.
 
“Can't a guy get some sleep here!” he said crossly.
 
“Lads at the other bed.” Denra pushed him off the bed.
 
He fell to the floor. “Hey! You go to the other side,” yelled Hitei.
 
“Gekuren is already there so this one is ours,” Ajine said triumphantly.
 
Hitei glanced to the other bed. Gekuren was practically hogging all the sleeping space. He frowned and so did Nekuri.
 
“I'm going out. I'll see where the cave is… We can go there maybe tomorrow.” Nekuri started to walk. “Ajine,” she called and tossed her the staff. “Take care of this for me.” The door slammed.
 
Ajine looked blankly at the staff.
 
“Aren't you Nekuri's best friend now,” Hitei teased.
 
“I'm not sure,” she replied with skepticism.
 
“Well she entrusted you with something very important. I mean she kept it close to her even when she was driving,” Mizumeko said as-a-matter-of-factly.
 
A stomach growled. “Let's eat. I'm starved!” Hitei declared.
 
Ajine chuckled. “Okay.”
 
The four stood up.
 
“How about Gekuren?” Denra wondered.
 
“That's his problem!” Mizumeko's reply was simple.
 
The loud snoring, bed-hogging guy was left to sleep by himself in mid-day.
 
 
Nekuri walked on alone. It was still the same place, most of it anyway. The buildings had grown dirty and weathered but have survived the turn of century. She lived here a century ago and even before that. Here, she lived her real life, her original, when Naminori Juren was born to this world. Back then, Most of Yuranasu was still grasslands. It wasn't even a city then just a small town in the middle of nowhere. She lived in a house two miles from the town with her older sister and mother.
 
Nekuri was coming home then after 7 years of staying with her father who lived in the small island in Nigorra called Anma. She was 17 when the messenger came upon her, a being of pure light. Her father was a medium so he taught her all about the spirits. At first she thought it was just another spirit for it was not the first time such beings tried to get her attention but when she heard it speak, speak with its unearthly voice she knew immediately. It told her all she needed to know and soon ended up with the rest of the holy warriors like she.
 
A year had passed. Battles have been fought and won. The evils were lay low after witnessing the power of the chosen ones. Nekuri was heading home again because her mother died and that was when he came to her -
 
Somebody `accidentally' bumped her.
 
“HEY!” Nekuri exaggerated.
 
“Sorry…” It was a girl of black hair and her camo green eyes, eyes too familiar.
 
Nekuri grabbed her arm.
 
“WHAT! I said I was sorry!” she protested.
 
“Who are you?”
 
The girl's expression changed. Her face was spelling EVIL with clarity. “So you know.” She recovered her arm and rubbed it lightly.
 
“You!”
 
“No… My name is Jiname,” she interrupted.
 
“You bumped me on purpose, didn't you?”
 
“You looked kindda lost in thought… and I wanted to see if what Natsu believed was true.”
 
“Which is?” Nekuri's raised a brow.
 
“That you are not as smart as you look!” Jiname replied.
 
Nekuri flashed a fake smile, “I won't be annoyed by a dumb copy of anyone.”
 
“I ain't Natsu's copy. I'm the stronger part of her. I shall take revenge on you and your friends.” She pointed at Nekuri.
 
Nekuri hates being pointed at. She pushed Jiname's hand with care. “I see you have inherited Natsu's misconceptions as well but get this through that head of yours. Natsu as a whole was nothing compared to me or any of my colleagues so surely a mere `part' of her wouldn't do any better!” she sure told her.
 
“We shall see. See you then,” Jiname said with full confidence and left.
 
 
The four were seated at a table eating lunch. They found an eat-all-you-can restaurant just a street away from their current `home'.
 
Ajine and Hitei were both eating greedily.
 
“Hey slow down. It's not like we haven't eaten in days,” said Denra.
 
Ajine and Hitei exchanged glances and then stared at each other as if communicating with their eyes… and then they ordered another serving after everything on the plate was devoured… It was going high speed.
 
“They're having a contest,” Mizumeko said.
 
“Obviously,” Denra reacted.
 
They were battling head to head… plates stack beside them.
 
“I wonder. I remember Hitei and Gekuren being best of friends before but never Midori and Ukyo,” Denra expressed her thoughts.
 
“A lot of other things are strange this generation… like Nekuri… even Hitei… and me caught dead talking to you when it ain't necessary.”
 
“Arrggh.” She whacked his head with an empty bowl.
 
 
Alright then. If we don't get it the next time we let Naminori take care of it,” said Yukari.
 
Aku-rei slowly nodded. They were seated in the seated in the long rectangular table.
 
“But that doesn't include Natsu's present attempt,” Yukari added.
 
“I don't expect anything from that.”
 
“And if they get the Prism then?” asked Natsu, who was standing in the corner.
 
“Trust me.” Yukari was assuring. “Pardon me.” She stood up and walked to where her other companions were.
 
The purple haired, Swordian knight was leaning on one of the pillars.
 
“I'll need you, Enjin,” she spoke.
 
He looked at her with his intense gray eyes. “Why else would you bring me along…” he replied coldly. “And them as well…”
 
“It's not like that…” she began but she couldn't continue.
 
They just stared for a while.
 
“Futouko!” Yukari broke the silence.
 
“Yes.” A boy appeared kneeling beside her. His short mint green hair flashing even though the hall was dim.
 
“Watch over the warriors… then report to me,” she commanded.
 
Futouko vanished and Yukari walked to leave.
 
“Yukari!”
 
She turned to see Enjin looking at her.
 
“You introduced me as a friend… I was hoping we were already passed that.”
 
She smiled and ran to him ending up into an embrace…
 
 
* * *
 
 
 
Nekuri let herself in their room and found Gekuren alone examining his sword.
 
“Hey,” he greeted still not taking his purple eyes off his own sword.
 
“Where's everybody?”
 
“Beats me… when I woke up they're all gone,” he explained.
 
“Your sword has changed a lot,” Nekuri said as she sat in one of the chairs by the door.
 
“Yeah, I remember it just having a thin blade and a purple gem.”
 
“Hey! Hey! Hey!” Mizumeko came barging in and Denra followed him inside.
 
“I don't feel so good.” Ajine sat down in the chair across Nekuri.
 
“I think I'm going to burst,” Hitei said then burped loudly.
 
“Eeeww.” Denra distanced from him.
 
“What happened to you guys anyway?” Gekuren inquired.
 
“That's what happens to you when you eat more that fifteen servings…” said Mizumeko.
 
Someone's stomach growled.
 
“I haven't eaten lunch or dinner yet,” Gekuren spoke up.
 
“You were dozing off when we left,” said Denra.
 
He stood up, “Does anyone want to come with me? I'll buy you a drink.”
 
“Please no mention of food… even the sound of it sickens me,” Ajine said weakly.
 
“I'll come…” Denra answered, “Nekuri?”
 
“No thank you…”
 
“See ya all then, bye.”
 
 
I won!” Hitei blurted out.
“That's because you cheated!” Ajine managed to say.
 
“I did not!”
 
“You did too!”
 
Nekuri rolled her eyes.
 
“Kids…” Mizumeko reacted.
 
“We go to the cave first thing in the morning,” said Nekuri.
 
“I just hope things go well.” Ajine stopped arguing with Hitei and got serious.
 
Mizumeko nodded and sat in front of the television set. He opened it and surfed the channels.
 
“I - I have - something to say - “Hitei began.
 
Nekuri looked at him with interest.
 
“Oh gosh.” He suddenly stood up and covered his mouth. He hastily ran to the nearby window and threw up.
 
“That's what you wanted to say?” asked Ajine.
 
“Hey!” someone outside protested after having Hitei vomit all over him.
 
 
The food here is great.” Gekuren was stuffing himself.
 
“Take it easy. You don't wanna end up like Hitei or Ajine,” Denra cautioned as she took a sip of her soda.
 
His expression became serious, “Denra… Promise me you won't get angry.”
 
“I guess… why?”
 
“Do you think - Do you think Ajine likes me?”
 
Denra was shocked. How dare he ask her that question? Denra's heart was racing. She could just tell him now that he means nothing to Ajine so he could go back to her… but…
 
“How absurd of you to ask!” Denra didn't have the heart to lie after all. “All I can say is Midori loves you… whatever situation she may be.”
 
“Thanks.” He grinned and continued to eat.
 
Denra bit her lip. Silently she hoped she wouldn't regret what she said.
 
 
Meanwhile, someone was watching nearby Denra and Gekuren.
 
“Heh!” He grinned an evil grin and disappeared.
 
And he reappeared in an unknown location. It was a closed space filled with stalagmites and stalactites.
 
“What are you doing here?” Jiname was there.
 
“Yukari sent me.” It was the green haired boy, Futouko.
 
“Yukari…” she echoed, “Tell her all's alright. I have planned everything and I shall succeed. Oh and tell Natsu to throw a major party for me when I get back.”
 
He left fast enough.
 
 
Thanks, Denra…” Gekuren said again as he opened the door for her. They were just leaving the restaurant and heading back to the hotel when Gekuren heard a vague call. It was speaking his name, loud and clear.
 
“What is it?” Denra was alarmed for Gekuren was scanning the dark alley with vigor.
 
“Someone is summoning me. Stay here.” He said running to the source of the call. He was curious because he didn't sense any sort of evil with the summon.
 
“Wait I'll come with you…” she ran after him. Her blond hair flowed with the breeze as she attempted to catch up with him.
 
Gekuren ran as fast as he could, letting the voice guide him. Soon enough it grew louder and louder. He ended up in an empty highway. There the calls stopped. In the middle of the road he saw a dark haired figure in a white jacket and jeans, holding a familiar sword.
 
Gekuren uncloaked his sword and cautiously walked towards this man. “Who are you? Why do you call me?”
 
There was no answer. The man stood in silence.
 
Gekuren advanced nearer to him and he then saw that this guy had spiky gelled up hair and he was a little taller than himself. He was facing the other direction, holding his own sword in his right hand. Gekuren looked closely at this sword. Its blade was long and slim adjoining it to the black hilt was a golden diamond enclosed by two crossed rings. One ring was made of ebony and the other from ivory. Two light blue spheres attached with red ribbon dangling as gravity directed it, levitated near the rings.
 
Gekuren's eyes grew big. There was no mistake. That is the Creil, Midori's sword but how could he have it?
 
“I am challenging you, Rune…” Finally, the man faced him. He aimed the Creil straight at Gekuren's throat.
 
Gekuren was shocked further. He could not be wrong. He could not forget those grave green eyes that challenged him just the other day. “Kaimaru…” he spoke his name.
 
He smiled. “I see she's told you enough but the question is are YOU enough?” he instantly attacked him swinging his sword sideways.
 
Gekuren blocked every attack he made. “Who are you?” he asked when their swords locked. “Why do you have Midori's Creil?”
 
“That is not important. This is a challenge Swordian Knight. Fight me seriously as you would in all your challenges.” Kaimaru answered.
 
They leapt apart. Gekuren rubbed his nose. He figured this guy would never say anything anyway so he might as well enjoy this duel. “Fine… get ready!” this time he attacked Kaimaru.
 
Kaimaru was able to evade and also counter Gekuren and vice-versa. In other words, he was really skilled, at par with Gekuren.
 
“Swordian Knight Technique: Ripple Effect.” This was a ten-hit combo of all kinds of slashes at high speed and increasing power intended to leave the enemy without a sword. Gekuren was able to execute it successfully sending Kaimaru's Creil into the air to Kaimaru's left. To Gekuren's surprise Kaimaru caught it with his left hand.
 
“Grand Rapier.” Kaimaru named his attack. He swinged the Creil accurately at Gekuren. Good thing Gekuren was quick to react that he was able to jump away but the lower half of his black windbreaker fell to the ground.
 
Gekuren looked at him with awe and respect. A few right handed people could handle a sword using their left hand let alone perform major techniques with them.
“Come on now. We are only beginning…” Kaimaru beckoned him with his right hand. He was still going to use his left hand.
 
Gekuren smiled and removed his seized windbreaker. This was getting exciting. He hadn't had this good an enemy in a long time.
 
 
Master Rida!” Gekuren recognized instantly Denra's voice. He turned to her and found her looking at Kaimaru bright-eyed.
 
“Sensei!” she ran to Kaimaru and embraced him.
 
Kaimaru's green eyes were close to tears. He bit his lip relishing the moment.
 
“Why are you here? How? You…” Denra was crying already but tears of joy. She could not believe that her master was here before her.
 
Kaimaru's sword vanished. He placed his index finger over her lip to silence her. He gazed into her gorgeous blue eyes and said, “You have no idea how it feels to finally meet the one who remembers me…”
 
“Yes.” Denra's tears rained continuously. The past came rushing to her head. There was so much to talk about. There were so many things left unsaid and undone. How could she begin? “Sensei…”
 
“No, Midori. This is not the time. You must do your duties. Before the end, come to me, I will wait for you in my old home in Mekuri.”
 
She nodded. She helplessly stared at him. They had such a bad parting. She didn't reach him on time…
 
He wiped away her tears. “Listen to me. You will see me again. I will not die just yet.” He was smiling but his green eyes bore pain. “Soon...” he turned his back.
 
“Rida.” Denra called him.
 
He stopped short.
 
“Did you—“She wanted to ask him this question for the longest time. She walked to him.
 
He turned around, took her face in his hands and kissed her on the lips. They shared a long sweet kiss that surprised Denra. When he withdrew, he said. “Yes. Please don't make this any harder. Go to Ruen.” Then he ran away.
 
Denra was left teary eyes and touching her lips.
 
Gekuren was dumbstruck. He remembered Midori having a sensei named Rida in her original life. He had so many questions in his head that his mind ached. “He is your master Rida but Ajine introduced him to me as Kaimaru, her childhood friend!” he blurted out.
 
She abruptly faced him in shock.
 
 
 
Morning… they were heading for Cave Rumo.
 
Gekuren and Ajine both burst into laughter.
 
Denra was distant. Thoughts of last night still lingered in her head. She had told Gekuren the obvious things that he was the 45th Creilmaster Rida Kabane, her master but not the details. Gekuren had given his word that he would tell no one, even Ajine. It was probably just a coincidence that she knew him.
 
“What are those two laughing about?” asked Hitei.
 
Mizumeko had a new Game boy and he was busy playing with it even as they walked.
 
“Ajine, give me the key,” Nekuri interrupted them.
 
“Oh… yeah… here.” Ajine gave it to her.
 
“There it is!” They have arrived at the mouth of the cave.
 
 
I've always wanted to live in such a big house,” Yukari declared as they neared Nekuri's mansion.
 
Enjin, Yukari and Natsu were about to enter when a diamond hanging by the entrance shone and repelled them.
 
“Wow,” Yukari reacted, exaggeratedly.
 
Enjin took the diamond and crushed it in his palm. “Amulet… for greeting uninvited guests… especially evil ones.”
 
Natsu entered first and they stood in the huge living room.
 
“Aahhh,” Yukari marveled like a child. “This house is so big I bet you won't know what the people in it would be doing.” She glanced at Enjin.
 
He acknowledged it with a nod.
 
 
After twenty minutes of wandering, in the dark cave with a few torches as their light…
 
“Where the heck is that Prism?” Hitei angrily blurted out.
 
“Why do I have the feeling we're lost,” said Denra.
 
“Can't be,” Gekuren detested.
 
“Nekuri?” Ajine spoke.
 
But she didn't reply. She continued to lead the way without hesitation.
 
Mizumeko's Game boy was as loud as ever.
 
 
Here it is,” she spoke. It was one of Yukari's comrades. She had wide lavender eyes and big maroon hair.
 
It was a shrine in the garden in the middle of a fishpond. It was so beautiful. There were two electric candles by the side of the golden statue. There were lights even within the pond itself.
 
“This is surely glorious at night,” the old man said. His face was filled with wrinkles. His short gray hair seemed to be as fragile as glass.
 
“Indeed. Only it's very well hidden only those who can find it will witness its glory,” she agreed.
 
“A tribute to the god Zento-sama,” the old man spoke again this time with regret.
 
“I can't do it. It's too beautiful.”
 
“Alright Rayako.”
 
… Rayako slowly walked in the path to the mansion. She couldn't help but think of the devotion of the person who made the shrine.
 
Then came the expected explosion…
 
“Oh well.” Rayako continued on. Their job was done.
 
 
Nekuri stopped and was suddenly alarmed. She knew what had happened to her altar.
 
“GAME OVER!!!” the Game boy repeated continuously.
 
“Hey! It's the first time that ever happened.” Hitei placed his arms on Mizumeko's head and rested his head on it.
 
“Knock it off!!” Mizumeko was truly annoyed.
 
Suddenly white energy bolts started flying at them. One hit Nekuri and then another hit Mizumeko. Hitei and Denra jumped to avoid one so it hit Ajine instead.
 
The three were instantly knocked out.
 
A black haired girl stepped into the light.
 
“What did you do!” Hitei demanded to know.
 
She laughed moderately, “I just got rid of the people who are capable of defeating me.”
 
“She looks like the fire sorceress Natsu,” Gekuren noticed.
 
“Call me Jiname, if you please,” she said politely.
 
“Oh you sicken me,” Denra bluntly said, “Stand back guys. This is a job for diva.”
 
“Denra do you remember what happened the last time you boasted?” Hitei reminded.
 
“I know… but you guys are here to back me up anyway.” She was stubborn. “Get ready… ♪Fly me to the moon and let me play among the stars. Let me see what spring is like on Jupiter and Mars.♫” Denra began to sing her heart out.
 
A small table suddenly appeared and Jiname sat herself and fixed up some coffee.
 
“♫In other words hold my hand. In other words darling kiss me.♪”
 
Hitei tapped Denra's shoulder.
 
She opened her eyes and saw how good Jiname was doing, fighting sleep with black coffee.
 
Denra got annoyed and loudened her voice, intensifying her sleepy song. “♪Fill my heart with joy and let me sing forevermore. You are all I long for, all I worship and adore.♫”
 
Jiname held the cup up high and then drank more of the coffee.
 
Hitei and Gekuren were beginning to get affected by Denra's spell too.
 
“♫In other words please be true. In other words I love you.♪”
 
As if on cue to the end of the song, both Hitei and Gekuren fell to the ground.
 
 
Hitei! Gekuren!” Denra called out in horror.
 
“Don't you know that coffee is very good for you,” Jiname spoke. She stood up from her chair. “Come now my dead comrades. Rise and heed my order. Destroy them all.” Skeletons started to emerge from the floor.
 
Denra screamed and started kicking and forcing Hitei and Gekuren to wake. Somehow they were able to awaken.
 
The skeletons were fast approaching.
 
“Stay behind us,” Hitei told her.
 
“This is going to get ugly,” Gekuren said and started slashing the skeletons.
 
Hitei punched and kicked them all easily.
 
“YES!!” Denra exclaimed.
 
Jiname laughed again, “It's not over yet.” And the skeletons started to reform themselves.
 
Gekuren slashed and slashed even more, “They keep coming back together.”
 
Hitei tried all he can but it was futile.
 
“And for the finale… Fireball!” … And a huge ball of black flame headed for them.
 
“I don't want to die!!!” Denra cried out and she suddenly let out a tremendous amount of energy vanquishing all the indestructible skeletons and destroyed the huge fireball…
 
“How'd you do that?” Hitei was dumbfounded.
 
“I don't know…” Denra managed to say. She couldn't believe she was able to do it either.
 
There was a huge hole by the left side of the cave. Gekuren went there to take a look. “That's it for her,” Gekuren said after seeing the dizzy height of the canyon and the small river below.
 
“What happened?” Ajine shook her head, finally coming back to her senses.
 
“Just another enemy but Denra saved us.” Hitei held onto Denra's shoulder.
 
Denra smiled proudly.
 
“Saved us?” Nekuri echoed in disbelief. She raised a brow.
 
“Somehow she was able to do that…” Gekuren pointed toward the hole…
 
“That's something you don't see everyday,” said Ajine.
 
“Interesting. I didn't know I gave you that much power.” Mizumeko was amazed.
 
“Hey. Your sleepy power wasn't working so I used my own strength,” Denra told him.
 
“Let's get that Prism.” Nekuri led the way.
 
 
Dead end!!” Hitei hated it.
 
Nekuri noticed a small hole on the rock solid floor. She went to it and placed the staff into the hole. She jammed the staff down with her feet.
 
The rock wall started to move apart…
 
“Light at the end of the tunnel,” Gekuren cried out.
 
“Finally outta this cave.” Denra ran.
 
“The Prism must be there,” Nekuri said with hope.
 
They all hurried to the end and they found themselves in another town. There was a small platform but there was nothing on it. There were lots of buildings around and a middle aged lady was peacefully sweeping…
 
“Hi. I've never really seen so much people pass from the cave before but I can see that you are good people,” she greeted.
 
The platform had something engraved on it.
 
“The Prism.” Ajine read it. "but where is this `Prism'."
 
“Where the heck is it?” Hitei wanted to know.
 
“You mean the Prism?” the lady stopped sweeping and asked, her yellow hair was blown by the breeze.
 
“Yes…” Nekuri replied.
 
“They moved it to Kyo, the central island in Nigorra. The natives say it's theirs so we gave it to them.”
 
“WHAT!” They were all shocked after expecting to find the Prism there.
 
Something moved behind one of the nearby building but it was too fast to be noticed.
 
 
Inever thought you liked me,” Yukari began. She was lying in bed, covered in plain white covers. Her long and curly white hair shone like silver.
 
“I never said anything…” Enjin was beside her, kissing her neck. His mass of purple hair concealed his face.
 
Yukari took his face with her hands and said, “That's just the point you don't say anything at all.”
 
“What's your point?”
 
“My point is how do, I know that you really love me?” came a question.
 
“Isn't this love?” his answer annoyed her.
 
She immediately pushed him and sat up, holding the white blanket to her chest to cover herself. “If you don't give me a good reason, I'm leaving.” Yukari's brownish-black eyes weren't satisfied.
 
“Hold on a second. If you don't want this then fine but don't leave at least here I won't have to share you with everybody else.” He sat up too and looked at the floor.
 
She faced him.
 
“Tell you the truth, the 1st and 2nd times we met were pure coincidence. I was hunting that Swordian knight and when I finished him I didn't have anything else to do. Since I was beginning to grow fond of you I just followed you the other times.”
 
“I knew it,” Yukari said victoriously.
 
“But I couldn't say that flat out.” He stared with his gray eyes.
 
She smiled, remembering why she like him so… after all he was a brutal killer of his kind and yet there was something sweet about him.
 
She wrapped her arms around his bare shoulders. “I love you.”
 
“Good because I love you too.” He kissed her.
 
… “Ahem… Ms. Yukari?” someone started to say.
 
They found Futouko near the door.
 
“Who told you to come in here!” Yukari fumed.
 
“But you - “
 
“Get OUT!!”
 
And Futouko went flying out the door and crashing to the living room wall.
 
 
But Kyo is really a long way from here,” Denra mentioned as she sat on one of the beds.
 
They were back in their little `hotel'.
 
“We need the Prism,” Nekuri answered with determination. She was sitting beside Denra.
 
“We have to go there by plane,” Hitei sounded a little shaken. He was standing by the small terrace in the middle of the two queen size beds.
 
“Yup.” Gekuren knew it while sitting on the carpeted floor leaning on the empty bed.
 
“Can we afford that?” asked Ajine. She sat on one of the lounge chairs nearest to Gekuren.
 
“I'm not so sure!” Nekuri replied.
 
“Well. That's not a problem,” Mizumeko and Denra said in unison and they looked at each other.
 
“We have a helicopter,” said Denra.
 
“I have my own private jet plane,” Mizumeko stressed the first word and leaned back on his lounge chair.
 
“What! A kid like you! That's unbelievable,” Gekuren reacted.
 
“Well you better believe it!” he shot back.
 
“You're just bluffing,” Denra squealed.
 
“I'm your neighbor Mizumeko and even if your house is totally huge. I don't think it could hold such a jet plane,” Ajine pointed out.
 
“Who said it was there? We own Rarra Air…” Mizumeko informed.
 
“Rarra Air… the biggest airlines in all the archipelago… That's major!” Hitei exclaimed and settled on the empty bed.
 
“Great, then we can go to Kyo.” Nekuri was satisfied.
 
“You better call your parents and tell them,” said Denra but some annoyance still lingered in her tone.
 
“No problem.” Mizumeko brought out a cell phone from his pocket.
 
“Nokia 8890,” Ajine marveled.
 
“Hello… yeah… I'm fine…” Mizumeko went to the window to get a better signal.
 
“It really pays off to have a rich friend.” Gekuren declared as he stood up.
 
“I can't believe someone is richer than me and that person is a rotten brat,” Denra murmured.
 
 
What were you going to tell me?” Yukari asked Futouko. She met him on the second floor hallway.
 
“They've defeated Natsu's shadow but they didn't get the prism it was moved to an island - the central island of Nigorra,” Futouko finished his report.
 
“But Jiname is still alive,” Natsu spoke. She listened in on them from the first floor living room. “She may be weak but - “
 
“Don't worry sister she'll grow stronger soon,” Yukari assured her.
 
“Central island of Nigorra… that's Kyo,” Enjin said. He stood behind Yukari.
 
Yukari smiled and eyed the old man named Tokaru.
 
“Certainly… I only need a high tower,” he said, his orange eyes twinkled.
 
“Let's go then. Natsu stay here and try not to die. If one of you dies you both perish.” Yukari blew her a goodbye kiss.
 
Natsu was left there alone.
 
 
My father said Kyo is a very dangerous place right now because the volcanic activity there is really rising…” Mizumeko sat down on the edge of the bed where Hitei sat. He just finished chatting on the phone.
 
“Then we better get the prism before it gets buried in lava,” Nekuri decided.
 
“I think so too. I've convinced them that I need to go to the nearest Rarra airport and get a plane ride,” Mizumeko told them.
 
“The nearest airport is only a few miles from here,” said Ajine.
 
“Let's get some sleep,” Gekuren suggested.
 
 
Ajine was in the small comfort room, brushing her teeth when someone kicked open the door. “Aahh!”
 
It was Gekuren, “Sorry didn't mean to.” He closed the door immediately.
 
Ajine looked at herself in the mirror. Toothpaste was all over her mouth. What did Gekuren think he saw me like this? She wondered.
 
Things were going great. Well Gekuren is great and actually living up to all her standards. No wonder she married him in the past…
 
She gargled and washed her face clean. She took her pink face towel and opened the door.
 
“The bathroom is all yours,” she said and went out.
 
He smiled at her then went in…
 
 
Ajine looked at her friends. Hitei was already sleeping and snoring. Mizumeko was beside him, eyes closed, glasses on the nearby table and the empty space for Gekuren to sleep in. And on the other side, Denra was sleeping there alone hugging her pillow. Nekuri was by the window, looking outside deep in thought.
 
As Ajine looked at Nekuri she noticed the remarkable resemblance of her to the lady in her dream. The long jet-black shiny hair and everything but she hadn't seen the face of the lady so she can't really say. And even if the lady looks like Nekuri it doesn't make sense still.
 
She walked to her. “What're you thinking about?”
 
Nekuri was quite startled.
 
“Sorry…”
 
“It's okay. The sky is clear and wonderful tonight. Lots of stars even…” It was like Ajine was talking to a different person, definitely not Nekuri.
 
“I've never seen you like this before,” said Ajine.
 
“I suppose so…” Nekuri answered but she didn't seem to be angry.
 
“You don't remember do you?” asked Nekuri.
 
“About what?”
 
“A blue star.”
 
“Blue star?” Ajine had no idea…
 
“I know that!” someone suddenly blurted out.
 
Nekuri looked behind then and found Gekuren.
 
He had a green towel over his head.
 
Nekuri narrowed her eyes. “Good night.” She immediately got into bed and covered herself with a blanket.
 
“Didn't you anger her?” Ajine was looking at Nekuri who turned to the opposite direction.
 
“I've gotten used to that already.” He was still drying his long gorgeous brown hair..
 
“What was she talking about anyway?” Ajine lowered her voice for Nekuri might hear her.
 
“Oh that. Let's go outside. She might hear us.” Gekuren threw the towel away and pulled Ajine to go out.
 
 
They ended up in a small patio at the end of the second floor hallway.
 
“You really don't remember?” he wanted to be sure.
 
Ajine shook her head. The night was fully illuminated by numerous stars.
 
“The blue star story. It's about Nekuri's so-called love affair.”
 
“Love Affair!” Ajine repeated.
 
“Not anything ugly or whatever… Actually it's sweet, bitter sweet anyway.” He held onto the railing.
 
“Go on…” Ajine tried to hide her excitement as much as she could.
 
“You see that big blue star over there… if I'm not mistaken that's it.” He pointed upwards.
Ajine followed his gaze and she saw it too. There was nothing really special about it. It was just another blue star in the sky… or is it?
 
“We never knew about it until Mi - or shall I say Seitsuko discovered them together.”
 
“Nekuri and the blue star??”
 
“No… no… with a god… named Zento-sama.”
 
She was shocked that the person in her dreams truly exists. It only proves that it wasn't a dream. Could Nekuri be the one that needed helping?
 
“What's wrong?” Gekuren asked.
 
“It's nothing… so tell me…”
 
“Well as far as we know they loved each other and actually met because of that blue star. She just happened to be looking at it. He said he made that star or something… If you really want to know you better ask Mizumeko but the point is, Nekuri fell in love with a god. A god who is totally unpredictable and indefinite. She didn't understand things he said and did but it didn't matter… He broke her heart in the end, which is really sad because Nekuri was never really assured that he did love her or if he was just fooling around. After all he's a god. He can do anything,” he narrated what he knew.
 
“I see.”
 
The wind blew hard, freeing Ajine's hair from its binding.
 
“Do you think she's still waiting?”
 
“Possibly. The so-called `Break up' just happened last generation. I think that's the reason why she's always isolating herself. You can't blame her though,” Gekuren replied, his purple eyes caring as always.
 
“Waiting for someone you love who might not come back.” Ajine thought of Nekuri's pain.
 
“It's painful, when you don't know how things would end up just when you thought things are going perfect,” he said looking at her.
 
Ajine was confused. She didn't know if he was still talking of Nekuri's situation or theirs.
 
He just stared at her waiting for an answer.
 
Tears rolled down her blue eyes.
 
“Ajine…”
 
“Gekuren,” she squealed. They embraced.
 
Ajine buried her face in his chest… “I'm sorry… I… I - “
 
“I don't need an explanation… you're the one I need…”
 
She looked up at him. She couldn't stand his pain or hers anymore.
 
… Their lips met for the sweetest kiss…
 
 
* * *