Fan Fiction ❯ Sacred Pentacle ❯ Chapter 5

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER FIVE
 
In the morning Oyu related her secret to everybody including what happened to the mud golem.
 
“It would have healed by now,” Oyu said. They were all gathered in the contemporary living room.
 
“We have to make a plan,” spoke Ajine.
 
“Are we forgetting why we came here at the first place?” Nekuri was getting annoying again.
 
“But we have to help Oyu and this city,” Gekuren fought for what he believed in.
 
“Alright but this time I do all the killing.” Nekuri realized that she had to concede.
 
“No… the golem can't be destroyed,” Oyu voiced.
 
“WHAT! That's totally impossible,” Denra remarked.
 
“It'll recover over time,” Oyu explained.
 
“But there is another way…” Mizumeko looked at her gravely.
 
“I would never take that option.” Oyu understood perfectly.
 
“What option?” Hitei inquired.
 
“The golem could only be destroyed with the destruction of its holy shrine,” Mizumeko informed.
 
“You CAN'T do that!” Oyu protested.
 
“Why not? It has caused much trouble already.” Denra didn't understand.
 
“There are four golems in Mirra; water, wind, fire and earth. This golem here is the earth or mud golem. If one of them would be destroyed the entire balance of Mirra will fall apart. There will be chaos among the elements and nature itself. It would be Mirra's end.” Oyu revealed, “My job as priestess is to protect and guard the shrine at all costs…”
 
“Hitei can you already teleport?” came Mizumeko's question.
 
Nekuri raised a brow.
 
Hitei shook his head.
 
“What do you expect?” Nekuri blurted out.
 
Hitei smirked. You wait Nekuri.
 
“We have to find a way to get rid of the kid,” Gekuren spoke.
 
Suddenly the earth rumbled.
 
“It's coming…” Ajine said before they all went outside the house.
 
They were all surprised to see people crowding by the side of the house and there were the familiar faces of the people Hitei fought last night with all the bruises and bandages.
 
 
What're they doing here?” Denra murmured.
 
“It's not over yet, Priestess…” They were more in number now. The ground rocked a bit more, like footsteps thundering because of something heavy but the people didn't pay attention. They were too pre-occupied with their wish to get rid of Oyu once and for all.
 
“I don't have time to battle you now,” Hitei declared. He couldn't believe that these people were so ignorant.
 
“Heck! That's too bad then for it's pay back time.” They came to charge Hitei.
 
But he pulled Denra in front of him.
 
His attackers stopped. They were all caught by surprise.
 
“I can't fight them!” Denra squealed.
 
“Sing!” Hitei suggested.
 
“What do I sing?” she didn't know.
 
“Anything!” he answered.
 
“Uhhmm… Happy Birthday to you… ♫ Happy birthday to you... ♪”
 
Denra watched them all fall one by one.
 
“That was fast thinking!” Gekuren and Hitei high fived.
 
 
Here it comes…” they all heard Ajine say as the sea water swelled again and the huge golem now stood high before them. It stood tall and mighty, towering over the beach.
 
“You're time's up!” the boy Nobi spoke. He wasn't shouting but despite his distance his voice was still audible. He was standing on the golem's shoulders and holding onto its head. The golem started firing mud balls all over.
 
“Hitei, let's go!” Gekuren advanced with Hitei on his heel.
 
They successfully escaped all the mud balls the golem threw at them.
 
“What're those two up to?” Mizumeko asked, flinging a fireball that dispersed a mud ball heading straight for him.
 
Gekuren uncloaked his sword and leaped for the golem but it immediately swiped him with its muddy hands. He was encased in mud and flown to a big fig tree.
 
Hitei suddenly appeared on the shadow Gekuren was able to cast upon the golem, “I can't move!!” He cried out. His head was sticking out of the golem's body.
 
“Idiot!” murmured Denra.
 
“That's what they get for not telling us what they were gonna do…” Nekuri added.
 
“Hitei!” Oyu screamed as he continued to sink into the mud.
 
“He'll suffocate in there…” Nobi happily laughed. His laughter was heinous and evil.
 
“Please stop…” Oyu pleaded as she ran in front of the golem.
 
“Oyu!” Ajine tried to call her back… “Denra, sing!”
 
“Ain't taking orders from you! …you sing!” she folded her arms.
“She has a point. Drowsiness will lessen his defense and Mizumeko can conjure a spell to dry it up…” Nekuri agreed.
 
Oyu screamed as the golem's hand reached for her.
 
“Okay… ♪ I need a reason… I need a sign… ♫” the golem withdrew its hand and started to wobble on its feet.
 
Nobi was wide-awake… “I'm too strong to be defeated…”
 
Oyu fell unconscious…
 
“♫ Tell me the way we fall out of line. ♪” … Mizumeko began to conjure a major fireball. The golem tried to regain composure but the sleepiness was over powering.
 
“♪ is it today or is it tonight? We find the answer to our life… ♫”
 
“Now!” Nekuri signaled and the fireball went straight for the confused golem.
 
“Aahh…” Nobi was surprised too.
 
Ajine ran to the golem. Her Creil appeared in her hand.
 
The mud golem hardened for real. It was like dry earth in a barren wasteland.
 
She found Hitei's hands still sticking out of the golem and she slashed him free; then she ran to Nobi, who was still in shock.
 
“It's over now.” Ajine stood beside him. “I'm taking you with me,” she offered her hand.
 
The boy was scowling.
 
There was a sudden explosion atop the golem's head. It crumbled into pieces.
 
“AJINE!!” Gekuren shouted, as he was able to free himself from the hardened mud.
 
 
The smoke revealed Ajine, alive within a floating protective bubble. She was shocked too. Mizumeko saved her.
 
“Oyu… wake up.” Hitei held her in his arms, shaking her slowly.
 
She opened her eyes and was relieved to see Hitei all right. “Hitei!” she exclaimed with much joy.
 
He smiled widely at her.
 
Oyu sat up and saw the ruins on the beach.
 
“Is it? Is it dead?” Denra walked to them.
 
Oyu shook her head. “No… it will take time for it to heal but it will all be fine.” She said as she raised her two arms and the remains of the mighty golem floated and flew to the direction of the shrine…
 
 
Do you really have to go?” Oyu asked her newfound friends. They were about to leave to continue their search for the Prism of Cyrus.
 
“Yes…” Ajine replied. She regretted leaving her alone.
 
“Oyu… Do you by any chance know about the Prism of Cyrus?” Mizumeko asked.
 
“Prism of Cyrus?” Oyu repeated as she tried to think. “I'm afraid not but I do know someone who might be able to help you…”
 
“Who?” Gekuren wanted to know.
 
“My mentor Inogu, he taught me everything I know. He lives at the capital of Mirra…” Oyu informed.
 
“In Jupita…” Denra wanted to be sure.
 
“Yes.”
 
“Jupita…” Ajine murmured to herself. She remembered that Kaimaru lived there now but she didn't know where. She didn't have any way to contact him either.
 
“We better go… Thanks Oyu.” Nekuri was first to leave.
 
“Bye… maybe we'll visit you some time.” Hitei waved like the others.
 
“Bye… Take care you all,” said Oyu.
 
 
In the car as they headed for Jupita:
 
“You know Oyu really likes you Hitei. She looked way saddened when we first told her we're gonna leave…” Ajine told him, placing her arms around his shoulder.
 
They were the only two people on the backseat. Nekuri was driving and Mizumeko was beside her and obviously Denra was granted her wish to have `the wind in her hair' again…
 
“Well… that's it for her…” Hitei blurted out. He removed Ajine's arm from his shoulder.
 
“But Oyu's a nice and beautiful lady.” Ajine couldn't believe it.
 
“She's not Hitei's type!!” Mizumeko answered from the front.
 
“And how exactly do you know Hitei's type?” Ajine interviewed as she put her head in the space between the driver's seat and front seat.
 
“I happen to know things about Hitei that you have not the least bit idea about.”
 
“Like what?”
 
“Like his type on girls…”
 
“Aargh…” Ajine got annoyed, “Hitei, what is Mizumeko talking about!” as Ajine got his collar and shook him violently.
 
“I don't know,” the dizzy Hitei was able to say.
 
 
Denra was happy to be so near Gekuren again. She buried her face on Gekuren's back.
 
“You alright?” she heard him ask.
 
“Yes… it's nice to be this close again,” she whispered in the wind. Yes, she still loved him despite his `dislike' for her, despite his selfishness and everything he had said against her. Those were just words. They didn't matter. Nothing else matters but him… only Gekuren… Ruen…
 
 
The city of Jupita was very much unlike the city of Puruto. It's a beautiful and lively city with lots of people.
 
“Anruto is like a province compared to this place,” Hitei remarked as they went inside a nice hotel.
 
“That's because it is a province,” Ajine told him.
 
“We better search for Inogu before it gets dark,” Nekuri spoke.
 
“You go and do that… I'll rest a while…” Denra said as she laid on one of the beds.
 
“What kind of people are you!” she surprisingly fumed.
 
“Why the heck is she overreacting?” Hitei whispered to Mizumeko who was right beside him.
 
“Who knows?” he answered.
 
“I heard that!” Nekuri chided. She narrowed her eyes on the two.
 
“I'll come with you,” Ajine volunteered.
 
“Me too.” Gekuren stood up.
 
Denra immediately sat up when she heard Gekuren say he was going with Ajine.
 
Ajine was quite surprised. She glanced at Hitei who just gave her a thumbs up.
 
And so the three searched for Oyu's teacher.
 
 
Denra cautiously and noiselessly sneaked for the door. When she finally got hold of the knob Hitei spoke:
 
“Where do you think you're going?”
 
“Out obviously,” Denra shot back.
 
“She's gonna follow them…” Mizumeko concluded and switched the channel of the television.
 
“I am not!” she protested.
 
“Then why do you have to sneak?” asked Hitei.
 
“Well… I wasn't sneaking. You just thought I was for I walked silently,” was her alibi.
 
“Oh yeah,” Mizumeko reacted sarcastically.
 
“It's none of your business!” The door slammed.
 
“I'd never understand that girl. She's nothing like Midori and to think she and Ajine are both her.”
 
“Tell me about it!” Hitei reacted.
 
 
Nekuri, Gekuren and Ajine were already walking around the busy market place asking about Inogu's whereabouts.
 
“Do you know where Inogu lives?” Nekuri asked a market vendor.
 
“Inogu… hhmm. You mean that elder wannabe guy!” he remarked.
 
(⌂) “I guess,” said Ajine.
 
What do you mean `elder wannabe guy'?” Gekuren wanted to know.
 
“He was famous for a few years. They say he's very intelligent and wise. The people despised him when he tried to murder one of our official elders.”
 
“So where does he live?” asked Nekuri.
 
The vendor paused to think, “Well he used to live in Elmer Street just a few blocks from here but I heard he already moved a couple times when the authorities were still after him.” … “So you going to buy apples like you promised,” he added.
 
“No!” Nekuri said and they ran off…
 
“You come back here!!!”
 
“Oh gosh… where did they go?” Denra didn't know anymore.
 
“Hey miss!” the same vendor called, “Would you like to buy? - Hey you! You promised to buy apples from me if I answered your questions.” He went out of his stall.
 
“I didn't,” Denra disagreed and wanted to leave.
 
“Will you buy or not!” he taunted with a cleaver.
 
 
“Nice doing business with you!” the vendor added as Denra walked away with five apples she was forced to buy.
 
 
Would you like me to help you?” she found a guy about her age offering a helping hand.
 
“Why that's very nice of you.” She handed him the bag of apples and they strolled together. He had raised dark red hair and stubborn faintly pink eyes. He wore a huge baby blue band around his head. He was tall but skinny.
 
“What is a beautiful lady like you doing in a market place such as this?” he politely asked.
 
Denra was totally flattered, “Buying of course… Beautiful ladies have to eat too.”
 
“I see, I see you have impeccable taste.” He eyed her purse.
 
She smiled. She thought this guy absolutely adored her.
 
“May I see it?”
 
“Help yourself.” She gave it to him. “As you see it's fur and expensive as well.”
 
“Yes but what is in it?”
 
“My money of course!”
 
“Great!” He sounded very delighted.
 
“What…?” she wasn't quite sure.
 
“Thanks lady!” he was off.
 
Denra was bewildered… “MY things!” she realized and ran after him.
 
He ran very fast and Denra could hardly catch up.
 
 
The chase was on… but Denra wasn't fast enough. After a few minutes of chasing, she got dizzy and tired. She lost sight of her `so-called admirer'. She rested near a statue that said “Cyrus…” She ignored it and dragged herself back to the hotel.
 
On her way, she noticed the familiar hairdo, the very much familiar face. “That's him!” She walked to him.
 
He was buying something from the stall with her money from her purse.
 
She grabbed his arm firmly. There was no way he was gonna get away now.
 
He was horrified to see her once more.
 
“Hey, handsome… You gave me a hard time back there.” A big smile was on Denra's face.
 
He tried to escape but she held onto him with all her might. He looked totally frightened; Denra's face must be giving away her plot. “What're you going to do?” he squealed.
 
“Sleep now…” and a certain melody was heard and everything went dark.
 
 
Nothing,” Gekuren sounded frustrated.
 
The said house of Inogu at Elmer Street already had new residents who had no idea of his recent whereabouts.
 
“At least they gave us this. Even though he is still a bit young here. It's very hard to find someone we don't even know anything about,” Nekuri mentioned the picture they got.
 
“We might as well go back.” Ajine paused to yawn. “I'm getting tired.”
 
“You two go on ahead… I need to check some other things here…” Nekuri seemed distracted.
 
Gekuren nodded.
 
 
Dead silence came between Gekuren and Ajine as they headed back.
 
Ajine was feeling awkward after what she's done; she didn't still like the idea of being alone with Gekuren.
 
“I've been meaning to talk to you,” he began.
 
She swallowed hard, “About what?” she kicked a stray rock on the path.
 
“Can we start over?”
 
“Start over?” she echoed. She looked at him. Shock was in her blue eyes.
 
“Things didn't go well before…”
 
She remained quiet. Wow! Ajine had never thought things would turn out this way.
 
“… And I really like you… you as you… just one more chance.” He was hopeful.
 
… She faced him and smiled, “Names Ajine Bisanei.” She offered a hand.
 
“Gekuren Waemono.” And he shook it whole heartedly.
 
Again, Ajine was awed by her good fortune. She couldn't believe that after she hurt him, he still wanted to know her. He wanted to know her, Ajine. It could only mean that he earnestly liked her at some level at least.
 
The two walked together side by side. They conversed and related stories to each other.
 
But suddenly, something caught Ajine's eye.
 
“And that time… “Gekuren was so passionate about his story but he noticed that Ajine was distracted by something beyond the sea of busy people.
 
In fact, she wasn't paying attention at all. She was staring straight ahead. Ajine blinked. She saw distinctly styled black hair and unmistakable perfect green eyes. This man was looking her way but his gaze was passing right through. “K!” she screamed running to him.
 
“Hey…” Gekuren followed her though he didn't know why they were running.
 
“Kaimaru!” She shouted again because his face remained distant.
 
This time he smiled at her weakly. “Ajine…” he said softly but still with joy.
 
Ajine stopped in front of him. She smiled widely. To her he was exactly the same although he wore a black trench coat that she had not seen before. His eyes were still as green as the ocean. “I can't believe it.” She squealed and squeezed his arm.
 
“It's nice to see you…” he began, his voice milder than what Ajine was used to.
 
“I have so much to tell you. You won't believe what happened to me for the passed few days…” she began to recount the amazing happenings in her life. She spoke very fast because of extreme excitement. “It all began when…” Ajine paused.
 
Kaimaru's green eyes abruptly darkened. He was looking behind her.
 
“Ajine…” Gekuren called. He stood meters behind her.
 
“Gekuren!” Ajine beamed as she turned to him. “This is my friend—“
 
“I'm leaving!” Kaimaru yelled angrily. He was instantly sprinting west.
 
“K!” she went after him. “Wait up!” she struggled to catch up as more people crowded the park. “What are you doing?” Ajine got angry too. She didn't understand why he was acting this way.
 
Finally, he stopped still facing the other direction.
 
“What the hell is wrong with you?” She asked irefully. She walked pass him and stopped by his front to see his face. Ajine was shocked by his sudden change of expression. One minute he was smiling and now he seemed irritated, more over, angry.
 
“Was that Ruen?” He asked looking straight into her eyes.
 
“Yes. He's one of the people I was to talk to you about…” Ajine answered automatically. She remained bewildered by his actions.
 
He took a deep breath. “Ajine... I really have to go now.” He sounded much calmer now but Ajine sensed the hostility within him. He placed his hands on her shoulders. “Take care of yourself.” He leaned over and kissed her forehead.
 
She was caught off guard by such a tender action. She nodded slowly.
 
“Please don't follow me anymore.” He said and walked away. This time he headed northwards. He disappeared into a market place teeming with people.
 
“Who was that?” Gekuren asked approaching her. He was there all along, standing at a safe distance. The truth is he was intimidated by Kaimaru's glare. He looked at him with hatred even though he hasn't met him before.
 
“That was Kaimaru, my best friend since pre-school. I didn't even get to introduce you…”Ajine's voice trailed off. She recalled Kaimaru's last question: Was that Ruen? His tone echoed in her head. She was dumbstruck. How did he know his name?
 
 
Nekuri walked to a dimly lighted street, her yellow eyes searching and she found who she sought for. There was a man of shoulder level black blue hair leaning on the brick wall. He recognized her presence but didn't look at her. A woman with flaming orange hair with bright camo green eyes was standing in front of a burning metal barrel. Her name was Natsu. Natsu moved to face Nekuri while Fuyu, the man merely watched.
 
“You came too close this time,” Nekuri roared. “They might have sensed you both.”
 
“That's your problem not ours,” Natsu jeered moving in front of Nekuri.
 
“So where's the prism?” Fuyu asked gently and walked neared.
 
“We still haven't found it. This guy, Inogu may lead us to it.”
 
“When?” Natsu was practically provoking anger.
 
“Ladies… ladies…” Fuyu stood between them, sensing the impending danger, “Let us not fight amongst ourselves. Here's something to cool you both…” He raised his palms and snow started to fall.
 
Nekuri gave Natsu one more look and was off.
 
“I'll kill her,” Natsu told him, her eyes narrowing as they watched her leave.
 
“Do as you please as long as we get the Prism.” His arms enveloped her.
 
She looked at him with surprise, “What about Yukari?”
 
“What about her?” He pulled her closer and kissed her.
 
 
Snow!!” Mizumeko exclaimed as he ran to the window to witness the white crystals fall to the earth. Little white flakes clustered by the sides of the window.
 
The door opened and Denra entered dragging something inside with her. It was the thief she encountered early this afternoon.
 
She tied him steadily on one of the stools. The boy was unconscious.
 
“And who is that?” Hitei just came out from taking a shower. He had a pink towel hanging in his shoulders.
 
She only answered when she was sure there was no way he was gonna escape. “An idiot who dared my wrath.” She sat herself on one of the other stools across the mummified boy.
 
“Well that's scary,” Mizumeko murmured, approaching them
 
Hitei examined his face. “He seems pretty young. What did he do to you?”
 
“Maybe he pulled her hair,” Mizumeko blurted out.
 
“He stole my purse,” Denra yelled out.
 
“That's serious.” Hitei sat across her and dried his hair with the towel. “How'd you catch him?”
 
“With my brilliant plan of course,” she declared victoriously.
 
“I didn't know that singing a person to sleep would be such a brilliant plan.” So Mizumeko saw it all happen outside through the window.
 
 
Hey… who's he?” Gekuren came in with Ajine behind him.
 
“Gekuren! He stole my purse but I caught him. He'll be sorry when he wakes.” Denra was deliberately asking for some sort of sympathy.
 
“Don't you think you over did it? He looks like a mummy,” Gekuren commented.
 
“He looks familiar. I think I've seen him before,” said Ajine.
 
“You know this thief?” Mizumeko inquired.
 
“But I can't remember where I saw him?” she confessed.
 
“Just ask him when he wakes,” Denra said.
 
“That will be after a few years. You know how long you've made us sleep,” Hitei mentioned.
 
“What's this about?” Nekuri had just arrived. She shut the door behind her.
 
“I'll wake him. I can undo my own sorcery,” Mizumeko offered.
 
“Why didn't you say anything on the first place?” Denra got annoyed.
 
Mizumeko ignored her and slapped hard on the stranger's face.
 
“That surely must have hurt,” Hitei spoke.
 
His eyes twitched after a while… then he began to yawn and then opened his blue eyes.
 
“How's the search for Inogu anyway?” Mizumeko suddenly brought it up.
 
“Where am I?” the thief finally regained consciousness and was surprised to see strangers surrounding him.
 
“That's it!” Ajine suddenly exclaimed. “Look at this picture. He looks just like Inogu.” She took the picture from her pocket and showed it to all of them.
 
The boy looked scared as they compared him with the photo they possessed.
 
“That couldn't have been him. He's too young,” Hitei pointed out.
 
“And this boy is a red head while Inogu's hair is dark brown almost black,” Denra said.
 
“But he sure does look a lot like him,” Gekuren mentioned.
 
“What if he just changed his appearance so he can fully hide from the police.” Ajine indeed had a wide imagination.
 
 
The boy watched in fascination as four people crowded at one side of the room. Two of them looked very much alike and he remembered what happened, that girl - one of them at least - was stupid enough to trust him so he ran away with her loot. Looking out of the window was another lady who seemed to be in deep thought. He looked to his right side and found a boy sitting next to him. He was younger than him and wore ugly nerdy glasses.
 
“Weird.” He tried to budge but he was tied to the chair securely. “What do you want from me? You already have your purse back so let me go.” He demanded to be released.
 
“Hey kid - “
 
“I have a name you know,” he cut Hitei off.
 
“We don't care!” Denra said sharply.
 
“Why did you take me here?”
 
“Denra says she'll take revenge upon you for what you've put her through,” Gekuren explained.
 
“But she'll lighten your sentence if you answer our questions truthfully,” Ajine compromised.
 
“I will?” Denra didn't know what she was talking about. Her brow shot upwards.
 
“Yes…” Gekuren said making Denra automatically agree.
 
“Alright… only if you promise not to hurt me in any kind of way,” was his condition.
 
“Oh sure. Promise.” Hitei was convincing enough. “So as I was saying - “
 
“It's Moriyoka… my name,” he said.
 
“Okay Moriyoka…” Hitei was patient, “Do you happen to know this guy?” he showed him the photo they had of Inogu.
 
Moriyoka's jaw dropped, “Where did you get that?” His blue eyes wide with shock.
 
“Answer our question first,” Ajine said.
 
Nekuri looked at them now, interested finally.
 
“His name is Inogu…”
 
“YES! Jackpot!” Denra jumped for joy.
 
“What's your relation to him?” Gekuren asked.
 
“Relation?” Moriyoka echoed, “You think I'm related to that villain. They say I look a lot like him but I don't know him at all.” He was disgusted.
 
“That's it!” Nekuri shouted out. There was anger and disappointment in her tone.
 
“Nekuri…” Ajine warned.
 
“Can I like go now. I have a family to go to you know,” Moriyoka mentioned.
 
“Okay…” Ajine knew there was no point in keeping him there anymore.
 
Hitei released him.
 
 
How do we know he's telling the truth?” Denra wondered.
 
Moriyoka was already gone.
 
“I don't believe him,” Gekuren admitted.
 
“Me neither. That's why we're gonna follow him.” So Ajine had it all figured out.
 
“Let's go then before we lose him.” Nekuri took the lead.
So they followed him to his unknown destination. Moriyoka almost found them out but they were able to hide just in time. He led them to a remote area where only a few houses were. Moriyoka went inside of the gates of the small house.
 
“Brother,” a girl cried out, in welcome. She hugged Moriyoka happily.
 
“Hey Imeijo. You missed me, huh?” Moriyoka grinned.
 
“Daddy's been looking all over for you. He's real worried,” she told him. “Let's go inside please…”
 
“Okay.” He carried his sister inside, her hair in pigtails, blown by the wind.
 
 
Let's go nearer. I want to see the inside,” said Hitei.
 
“Alright.” They all slowly crawled to the nearest window, except from one.
 
“Where's Nekuri?” Ajine wondered.
 
They looked about for her and saw her by the front door of the house.
 
She was about to knock but Hitei and Gekuren stopped her and brought her to them.
 
They hid in the bushes as they peered in the house.
 
 
Inside was a simple, almost dull home.
 
“Where have you been?” a man asked. It was Inogu, older now compared to the photo they possessed but his yellow-green eyes were still illuminated by wit.
 
“The city of course,” Moriyoka said harshly.
 
“Are you sure you weren't followed?” Inogu wanted to know.
 
“You ask that over and over dad! I'm not a child anymore,” he answered back.
 
Imeijo watched in dismay as her brother turned his back in anger. She loved them both very much but they rarely get along.
 
“You brought some friends then?” Inogu assumed as he glanced to the window.
 
They tried to hide again.
 
“He found us out,” Denra murmured.
 
“He truly is wise,” Mizumeko said softly.
 
“What?” Moriyoka couldn't believe it. He parted the bushes and saw his interviewers in hiding.
 
 
They were now all seated on the floor. The house was very old fashioned. Few ornaments here and there.
 
“Are you two twins or something?” asked Inogu.
 
Denra instantly got annoyed. This was already the second time they were thought to be twins. First by Oyu and now this Inogu guy.
 
“No. We just happen to look a lot alike,” Ajine said simply.
 
No relation at all,” Denra emphasized.
 
“What brings you here?” Inogu wondered.
 
“We've been looking for you and we happen to bump into your son and recognized his resemblance to you so we followed him,” Nekuri explained, deliberately leaving out the details.
 
“Believe me the similarity ends there…” Moriyoka murmured.
 
“Why have you gone looking for me? Are you police detectives,” he asked though he already knew the answer.
 
“No sir. We met Oyu at Puruto City and she told us that you know a lot and that you maybe able to help us,” Hitei related.
 
“Oyu… How is she? I haven't seen her in years,” Inogu reacted.
 
“She's fine and doing real great as a golem priestess,” Gekuren informed.
 
“Do you know anything about the Prism of Cyrus?” Mizumeko was frank.
 
“Prism of Cyrus eh?” he repeated sarcastically. “Why are you searching for it?”
 
“We need it badly,” Nekuri said eagerly to the surprise of her companions.
 
“I see…” Inogu's eyes shone.
 
Meanwhile shadows were lurking nearby.
 
“The Prism is in a remote place in Yuranasu. You can only get it by passing Cave Rumo. You also need a key that I possess.” His words were music to their ears.
 
“YES!!!!” Denra was indeed glad.
 
“Come.” Inogu stood up. “I'll show it to you - “ he bid them to follow.
 
Moriyoka wanted to come too.
 
“Moriyoka. Stay here with your sister we'll be back soon,” Inogu said.
 
Moriyoka made a face.
 
 
Six warriors followed him as he made his way through the bushes of his backyard.
 
“Finally… after this I can go home and relax.” Denra was full of glee.
 
“But it seems so easy… too easy,” said Gekuren with suspicion.
 
“I agree,” Hitei acceded.
 
“I won't be so sure if I were you.” Mizumeko was serious.
 
“What do you mean?” Ajine wanted to know.
 
“Don't you think its strange Inogu barely knows us and yet immediately entrusts us with his precious key,” Mizumeko replied.
 
“Maybe he's just a real nice guy and he knows how to identify nice people like us,” was a taste of optimism from Denra.
 
“Nice people are hard to find nowadays,” Hitei pointed out.
 
“Tricksters are everywhere.” Gekuren looked at Denra.
 
“Maybe. Maybe like father like son,” Denra said.
 
“And look at Nekuri,” Mizumeko continued.
 
She was following close behind Inogu like a puppy.
 
“She's been acting all enthusiastic about finding the Prism,” Mizumeko mentioned.
 
“Which is really not her,” Ajine spoke.
 
“Which is REALLY NOT her,” Hitei repeated.
 
“Maybe she's just excited that things are going well,” guessed Denra.
 
“Or maybe there's something she's not telling us,” Mizumeko revealed.
 
They all paused for a second to think.
 
Gekuren shook his head. “That maybe but I'm sure she's still on our side. She's here with us and she's fighting for us. She maybe mysterious but she has always been secretive.” He trusted her completely.
 
“Yeah. Nekuri's a good guy no matter how far-fetched she maybe,” Denra said.
 
“Wouldn't Nekuri be glad if she was hearing this,” Mizumeko blurted out with a smile.
 
“A… a… choo!” Nekuri sneezed… “I hope I'm not coming down with a cold.”
 
But there's something in Mizumeko's ideas that made Ajine worry.
 
 
Here it is…” Inogu presented with pride. He stood beside a small slab which was nothing but rock.
 
“The key's a rock?” Hitei exclaimed after examining it.
 
“Of course not,” Inogu corrected. He stood in front of the stone and closed his eyes.
 
“What's he planning to do?” asked Ajine, softly.
 
“I have no idea,” Gekuren replied.
 
All of a sudden Inogu struck the slab with a single closed fist and it broke into two.
 
“WOW!” Mizumeko and Denra marveled.
 
“That's not so bad… actually AWESOME!” Gekuren was amazed as well.
 
“Where is it?” they heard Nekuri.
 
There was a small wooden staff inside the slab that used to enclose it.
 
Inogu got it and handed it to Nekuri. “You'll need this to get what you need.”
 
Nekuri couldn't help but stare.
 
“You're simply the best!” Denra declared.
 
“No problem.” Inogu scratched his head.
 
“We better go now…” Nekuri regained composure.
 
“Don't you think we might get lost? It's already pretty late and we don't really know the place.” Denra meant something.
 
Inogu smiled. “Why don't you all stay at our home,” he proposed.
 
They all looked at Nekuri since she's the sort of leader of the group.
 
“Alright.” She nodded and they went back to Inogu's home.
 
 
A child's cry was heard and it broke the silence of the night…
 
“Imeijo!” Inogu immediately knew and rushed pass his companions.
 
They ran after him and saw him being blasted to a tree across his house entrance.
 
“Inogu.” They ran to his aid.
 
“It's about time,” came a lady's voice. There stood the two people Nekuri had talked to in the dark and filthy alley. Fuyu was carrying the unconscious Imeijo.
 
“Leave the child out of this,” Gekuren demanded. He immediately uncloaked his sword.
 
“Aren't you the brave one,” said Fuyu.
 
“I'll take care of this.” Denra came outta nowhere.
 
“No.” Hitei's cry was heard.
 
But even before Denra was able to start Natsu conjured a fireball and flung her away.
 
“Give back my sister!”
 
Fuyu turned to see the wounded Moriyoka try to stand up.
 
“Give her back!” he demanded louder.
 
“Be quiet boy.” Fuyu beat him up with fast multiple kicks.
 
 
Find someone your own size,” Ajine shouted out and her sword appeared on her hands.
 
Mizumeko began to conjure a spell.
 
“Hey… hey… hey. You do anything and the girl gets it,” Fuyu warned.
 
“Give us the key,” Natsu eyed Nekuri.
 
“Don't give it to her,” said Hitei.
 
“Will you give my daughter in return?” it was Inogu who asked in desperation.
 
“What're you trying to do? You can't trust them!” Moriyoka yelled out even though he was still down on the ground.
 
“We'll give her back and we'll even leave you be.”
 
“That's too good to be true,” Ajine said with disbelief.
 
“Well have it your way, Fuyu.” Natsu signaled and he grabbed Imeijo's neck.
 
“No!” Inogu snatched the staff from Nekuri.
 
“FATHER!!” Moriyoka struggled to stand and stop his father.
 
Inogu threw it to Fuyu.
 
 
Fuyu was able to catch the staff accurately with his right hand while still holding Imeijo with the other. “Thank you!” he acknowledged. He then threw Imeijo up high in mid-air and started laughing. He swung his arms side to side and icicles started flying towards his enemies.
 
An icicle plunged into Inogu's shoulder blade. Moriyoka was there to catch his father.
 
Mizumeko immediately let out the energy blast he was holding back and Natsu counterattacked. Their powers were surging against each other.
 
Gekuren pounced on Fuyu before he could catch Imeijo and threaten her life again. Fuyu defended himself with ice swords that suddenly emerged on his arms against Gekuren's sword. The staff plummeted to the ground and plunged into the earth.
 
Fuyu smiled, “You won't be able to hold that, unless you'd want to freeze to death.”
 
Hitei jumped up and caught Imeijo successfully. He used the shadows to bring her to a safe place.
 
Denra was there as well, “What happened?” She sat up, holding her head.
 
“Stay here and take care of her” he advised and vanished.
 
 
How could you do something so stupid?” Moriyoka had tears flooding his eyes.
 
“My son, I have done so many stupid things in my life. I… your mother died because of me. I've been so engulfed with my studies… that I ignored her…” Inogu coughed out blood.
 
“Stop speaking now,” Moriyoka shushed.
 
“I don't want to lose you or Imeijo… I'm so sorry my son.”
 
“Father…”
 
Inogu passed out.
 
“He's still alive. You better take him away before you get even more hurt.” Nekuri was just beside them. She encased Inogu with a white ghostly glow. “This shall sustain him until Mizumeko can heal him fully. Now go!” she commanded.
 
Both Mizumeko and Natsu were already having a hard time keeping up with each other's force. Yet Mizumeko was already using both hands while Natsu used one.
 
Ajine tried to take Natsu by surprise but Natsu jumped away and Mizumeko's major energy blast hit Ajine instead.
 
Mizumeko was shocked of the turn of events, Natsu took advantage of his situation, and she was able to blast him away.
 
 
Gekuren and Fuyu were battling it out man to man. Gekuren jumped away as Fuyu made horizontal slashes then Fuyu started throwing icicles at him.
 
He remained standing there… He held his sword before him. “Swordian Spirit… come forth…” purple light shone brightly as the icicles drew nearer… “Dragon Thrust.” And a luminescent figure of a dragon materialized and disintegrated the icicles and even went for Fuyu.
 
Pain. Fuyu got hurt but he wasn't defeated yet.
 
Hitei was surprised to see the staff just sticking there, stuck to the soil.
 
“Hitei, don't!” He heard Gekuren cry but Fuyu took advantage of this and slashed Gekuren easily.
 
“What??” Hitei wasn't sure but he already held onto the staff. At first he couldn't pull it because he thought it was stuck deep but then he realized that his hand was already frozen to the staff. “Help… HELP… Help me!”
 
“How stupid of you,” Fuyu said and threw icicles at Hitei.
 
Natsu laughed out loud and joined her partner by throwing fireballs at Hitei.
 
 
Mizumeko opened his eyes and touched his left arm. It ached but he wasn't hurt badly. He could hear clearly that his friends were still fighting. He removed his glasses and closed his tired black eyes. Let them fight and strengthen themselves.
 
“Hey!!!!” Hitei protested as he tried all his best not to get hit.
 
“Don't forget about me!” Gekuren attacked Fuyu, who was able to defend himself by crossing his two ice swords.
 
Gekuren jumped vertically upwards.
 
“Wrong move!” Fuyu followed him upwards.
 
Gekuren slyly smiled. “Swordian Knight Technique.” He began to plummet downwards-heading straight for Fuyu.
 
“Thousand Blows.” And there was impossible escape.
 
“Fuyu!” Natsu screamed in horror as Fuyu plummeted down.
 
“It serves him right.” Half of Hitei's body was already frozen.
 
Ajine regained consciousness. Her skin kindda hurt and she had several bruises and cuts because of Natsu's smart move. She saw Natsu standing there, scowling at Hitei who was already half frozen.
 
Natsu began to ready for another assault.
 
Ajine immediately ran to Hitei's side to defend him.
 
“You're going to be sorry you ever said anything,” Natsu threatened as fireballs began to materialize before her hand.
 
Hitei panicked again he can't move anymore just his head remained ice-free.
 
“Stop.” Ajine stopped in front of Hitei.
 
“Ajine!” Hitei was relieved.
 
“So you wanna go first.” She released her fireballs but several white balls of energy intercepted it.
 
“It's me you want,” Nekuri spoke.
 
“Naminori.” Natsu was glad, diverting her rage.
 
 
Hitei! Hitei! Hitei!” Ajine called to him.
 
He was already frozen solid.
 
Ajine whacked the block of ice with her sword.
 
“If you break the ice, Hitei breaks with it,” Nekuri warned her.
 
“Now time to die, Naminori.” She raised her hands high in the air.
 
Nekuri just stared at her.
 
“This is for Aki and Haru.” Natsu's tone was with pain.
 
“How pathetic.” Nekuri glanced at Ajine who was helpless by Hitei's ice statue.
 
“Goodbye… Fire from the earth, Fire from the heavens, Grant me the strongest flame…”
 
Nekuri stepped back. She has to decide and she has to decide now.
 
“Burning Hell!” and a huge flame wave advanced towards Nekuri.
 
“Spirits of Eterna give me your power.” White light appeared but it was engulfed into Natsu's attack.
 
Nekuri vanished. The vast woodland was totally incinerated.
 
Natsu was breathing heavily then she started laughing… real hard.
 
“Ne… Nekuri…” Ajine couldn't believe this. She dropped to her knees.
 
“So you two are the only ones left,” Natsu spoke.
 
Gekuren was leaning on one of the trees. He was deeply wounded after his own battle.
 
“I'll kill you all!!!” Fireballs started materializing around her. One by one they all headed for Gekuren.
 
He put up his sword but he could no longer defend himself effectively. The fireballs hit him relentlessly.
 
“Gekuren!!” Ajine screamed as she stood up.
 
“Oh did I hurt your little boyfriend. Don't worry you'll join him soon.” Fireballs were coming for Ajine now.
 
Her determination and strong emotion boosted her speed and she was able to out run the attack.
 
“Argh.” Natsu was getting annoyed. She conjured a bigger attack. “This will be your end.”
 
Ajine looked gravely at her. She needed to be strong because all depended in her ability.
 
“Fireball!!” Natsu released the last ounce of her strength. The huge fireball went for Ajine and to Natsu's horror, Ajine sliced it into half.
 
“How… how?” Natsu choked out.
 
Ajine's aura was brightly emanating. “It's my turn now… Aerial Blade!” She slashed the air and air blades appeared and hit Natsu. Ajine plunged her sword into the ground. “My sword… my channeler… Don't you know who I am?” There was sarcasm in her tone. “I am the Creilmaster! Sword of Light!” and the earth cracked and light came blinding.
 
It was finished…
 
Job well done.”
 
Ajine looked up, “Nekuri.” Ajine exclaimed happily. “You're alive right?”
 
“Hah… of course I am!” Nekuri confirmed.
 
Denra walked to them carrying the still sleeping child while Moriyoka and his father followed her.
 
“Who's next?” Mizumeko asked as he escorted Gekuren who he just healed.
 
“What about Hitei?” Denra mentioned. He was still frozen solid.
 
“Just wait…” Nekuri told her.
 
 
Natsu opened her eyes. She couldn't believe she was still alive. Then she saw Fuyu…
 
“Fuyu - You - “
 
“I healed you… You have a better chance of beating them anyway.” He laid himself on the soil.
 
“Don't die…” Natsu spoke in a small voice.
 
He smiled and then closed his eyes.
 
“Fuyu!!!” Natsu screamed tearfully.
 
“Hey! Look the ice is melting…” Ajine mentioned.
 
Nekuri pulled the staff out.
 
“Bbrrr…” Hitei shivered.
 
“You okay?” asked Denra.
 
“I think so… A-a-a-chu!” Hitei caught a cold.
 
 
Natsu bit her lip and turned her back. She snapped her fingers and Fuyu's body was enflamed. It easily burned to ashes. She closed her eyes and black flame emerged in front of her and soon formed a human figure. It had her camo green eyes but had more decent black hair.
 
“Jiname, My flame shadow, Go and find the prism and seek revenge for Fuyu's death.”
 
The shadow vanished.
 
“Wait… just wait. You shall feel my wrath…” Natsu vanished as well.