Fan Fiction ❯ Sacred Pentacle ❯ Chapter 4

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER FOUR
 
It's about time I explain before more trouble comes our way…” Nekuri began.
 
They were all in the living room. Nekuri was on the love seat with Ajine immediately to Nekuri to her right side. Denra sat on the seat next to Ajine. Hitei and Gekuren shared the sofa exactly across Nekuri while Mizumeko sat alone on another sofa by Nekuri's far left.
 
“I'll start from the basics - for Ajine's sake - we are the five holy warriors of the Sacred Pentacle. I am Naminori, the spirit medium; Seitsuko, the sorcerer; Ruen the Swordian Knight; Ukyo, the traveler and Midori, the Creilmaster.” Nekuri paused.
 
“Creilmaster” Ajine echoed.
 
“Tell me who the real Midori is!” Denra demanded.
 
“Soon enough. Ajine, you have your visions, right?” Nekuri mentioned.
 
“How'd you know?” Ajine wanted to know for she had never revealed this to anyone.
 
There was an obvious line of conversation because it seems that all the girls are talking together.
 
“Hey, how about including us,” Gekuren remarked.
 
Nekuri ignored him and answered Ajine's question. “I sent them to you.” She glanced around “Now listen all of you. Have all of you forgotten what happened? Aku-rei awakened Midori's evil side unleashing her hidden power, an ultimate destroying energy and she almost destroyed everything but she was able to control herself again and foiling Aku-rei's plan and of course we banned him to return.”
 
“And this time the gods are afraid that you won't be able to control yourself like before so Midori was split into two. Her looks in both but her memory in Denra and her sword skills in Ajine” Mizumeko continued for Nekuri.
 
“We're BOTH REAL!” Denra couldn't believe it.
 
“So Midori was halved!” Hitei tried to imagine a gruesome scenario where the two halves of Midori's body introducing themselves as Denra and Ajine and saying in unison that they are Midori… He violently shook his head and erased this ugly scene from his head.
 
Ajine was speechless as she looked down to the marble floor.
 
“Now… Aku-rei is our enemy. He has gathered his minions and he shall try to resurrect himself and regain his powers and get a physical body to replace the one we destroyed,” Nekuri informed.
 
“Aku-rei…” Gekuren echoed.
 
“But he can't have his full powers back until we all die,” said Denra.
 
“DIE!!” Hitei suddenly blurted out, shocked.
 
“Not die as in death… but death in evil,” Mizumeko knew what he has thinking.
 
“Oh!” Hitei sighed, relieved.
 
“Yet, the death of even only three of us will give him his strength back. The three most powerful of us that is because those warriors who have sided with him shall give him the power,” Nekuri corrected.
 
“He needs the Prism of Cyrus as well,” Mizumeko added.
 
Nekuri nodded in approval.
 
“I have a question,” Ajine proposed. “Of course we have encountered other beings as infamous as Aku-rei, but how come we are now so threatened yet before we never really cared about the others.”
 
Nekuri and Hitei's eyes grew big.
 
“You actually remembered?!” Hitei wondered.
 
Ajine smiled sheepishly, “No… just an assumption,” she admitted.
 
“She's right my memory is clear and I don't remember caring about any others who have attempted to resurrect themselves,” Gekuren told them.
 
Nekuri bit her lip she was about to answer but Mizumeko spoke first.
 
“But no one except Aku-rei has succeeded in bringing death - almost if I may say - to one of us. The last encounter was a disaster. We can't allow this. If he can bring one of us down surely he can do it again.” He gave Nekuri a meaningful glance.
 
Nekuri said nothing nor did her calm and composed expression vanish.
 
“Who are our most powerful?” asked Hitei.
 
“Midori,” Gekuren and Nekuri cried in unison.
 
“Nekuri,” Ajine said.
 
“Gekuren,” Denra said while Gekuren said, “Mizumeko.”
 
Denra, Ajine and Hitei all looked blankly at him.
 
“Well he is a sorcerer,” he reasoned.
 
“And you're a Swordian Knight with a huge real life all-powerful Swordian Spirit,” Hitei pointed out.
 
“I say it's Gekuren,” Mizumeko spoke.
 
Nekuri nodded, “But we better be careful. We don't know if he'll try to influence the weakest of us.” She looked at Hitei.
 
He narrowed his eyes. “I'm not that weak!” he stood and yelled out.
 
“Hah! But you are! Take what has happened this afternoon as an example,” Nekuri shot back.
 
Hitei gritted his teeth. His fury growing by the minute and he was ready to pounce on Nekuri…
 
“Hey calm down.” Gekuren stood between them.
 
“I have no time for such petty talk.” Nekuri stood up.
 
Hitei tried to grab her but Gekuren was in his way.
 
Nekuri smiled as she watched Hitei's anger build up while Gekuren was doing his best to stop Hitei.
 
“Remember be on guard… Good night,” and she left.
 
“Come back here you coward!” Hitei shouted.
 
“Hey, that's enough man,” Gekuren told him.
 
Only then did Hitei realize that he was already too close to Gekuren. He suddenly stiffened.
 
“What's wrong?” Gekuren backed away.
 
“I… I'm not feeling so well. I'll go now. See ya,” and he ran to his own room.
 
 
Hitei's really way weird,” Denra pointed out.
 
… “Denra we can't really have you hiding under trees, can we?” Mizumeko started and broke the impending silence.
 
“It's not like I'd do that every time.” She was quite irritated.
 
“What then would you do the next time?” Mizumeko was serious.
 
She didn't reply because she didn't know the answer.
 
“So we have to fix that,” Mizumeko said.
 
“You can do that?” Gekuren spoke up.
 
“But of course! But I can't give power to any one without a teensy weensy bit of ability.”
 
“What do you mean?” wondered Ajine.
 
“What are your talents?” Mizumeko inquired.
 
“Talents?” Gekuren repeated.
 
“Do you play instruments?” Mizumeko was getting specific.
 
“No…” Denra answered.
 
“How about sports?”
 
“Nope… but I can type real fast.” She happily replied as if she found the answer to the problem.
 
“Nice. How about you type them a letter and formally request them not to kill you before they even get to attack.” Mizumeko's sarcasm had surfaced.
 
All seemed hopeless…
 
“Denra can sing well,” said Gekuren.
 
Denra smiled, “Thank you.”
 
“Sing… sound waves are a nice power,” Ajine added.
 
“Wow! Sound waves.” Denra's tone grew hopeful.
 
“Actually I can't grant you such a powerful gift,” Mizumeko confessed. “But I can do this,” he reached for Denra's neck and touched it with his index finger and then withdrew it.
 
“What was that for?” Denra wanted to know.
 
“Now you can defend yourself. It's not very strong but it'll do nicely.” Mizumeko now stood up and yawned a bit.
 
“What can I do??” she insisted on knowing.
 
“I'm sleepy. We'll talk tomorrow.” He walked away.
 
“Hey. Hey! Come back!” Denra refused to give up.
“Let him go. He's just a kid,” Gekuren spoke.
 
“It has been a busy day.” Ajine stood up. “I'll see you guys later.”
 
Gekuren suddenly stood up too. “I - “ he began but Denra cut him off.
 
“I need to talk to you for a while.”
 
“Okay… good night.” Ajine stretched her arms and took her leave.
 
 
I know what you're thinking…” Denra started.
 
He only stared back at her.
 
“Now that everything is clear. That we're both Midori… then you know you have to choose between us.” Denra sounded bitter.
 
“Yes. I do,” he replied.
 
“I still love you. I never stopped and I don't think that'll ever change,” she sounded more desperate than ever. “And you can't really be assured that Ajine likes you. She wouldn't have known anything if it weren't for Nekuri's doing.”
 
“Stop bad mouthing her Denra!” he said, his voice rising for he had enough already.
 
“You barely know her,” she jeered.
 
“I know Midori and Ajine's much like her than you'll ever come to be.” He walked out on her.
 
She was left alone close to tears…
 
 
Ajine was dreaming again.
 
It was that lady again as she stood there on her cliff, then her fall to the dark place and then her divine savior. The beautiful god… but this time his face was much clearer than before. His fine and lustrous hair and those light brown smiling eyes.
 
Ajine opened her eyes, “And I thought that by now my dreaming days are already over. Did Nekuri send this one as well? And this dream… I have dreamed of it before but the others have never come twice.” She sorted out her thoughts.
 
Then she heard sounds from the outside. She glanced at the digital clock and it said 2:12 am. She stood up and gazed out from her window. It was the garden … but it was really dark and shadowy there now.
 
Whenever she spots movement it quickly disappears again and again. Ajine smiled. She knew perfectly who it was now.
 
“He must have taken Nekuri seriously that now he decided to train,” she presumed. “Don't worry so much Hitei… I believe in you.” She released her grip on the curtain and went back to bed.
 
 
Nekuri was again with her secret council.
 
“She killed Aki!” a lady screamed in anger.
 
“I'm a holy warrior. That's what I do!” Nekuri shot back. Her yellow eyes were fearless.
 
“But you are with us, aren't you?” a guy wasn't quite sure.
 
Nekuri made a face, “Why would I be here if not?”
 
“That's what we'd like to know!” another said.
 
Nekuri was getting annoyed, Are these people dumb or what?
 
“Silence!” it was their leader now who spoke. “I have no time to listen to such outrage… Naminori, speak…”
 
“Fine. I've told them all that they need to know and perhaps soon we shall search for the Prism,” she answered.
 
“Good. I want you to watch over Midori and Seitsuko,” he ordered.
 
“Seitsuko? …But Gekuren is stronger than that boy. You can't possibly want him.” She was truly shocked.
 
“But I do. Seitsuko is very powerful, much more than Ruen or even you perhaps.” he told her.
 
“But how can this be? He is only a mere child and his spells are not special at all.” She refused to accept this.
 
“Enough! Naminori. You shall do as I say.”
 
Nekuri bowed and left.
 
“Why did you let her get away with killing - “
 
“ENOUGH!!!” was the dismissive answer.
 
 
Denra went down the stairs to the kitchen and found Ajine and Hitei already there.
 
“Great morning!” Hitei greeted with bread in his mouth.
 
“Let's eat. The food is really great,” said Ajine.
 
“Whatever.” Denra said dryly and left the two.
 
“Denra doesn't like me, doesn't she?” Ajine asked.
 
“You can't blame her,” Hitei replied.
 
“How come? I don't hate her!”
 
“Now she has a rival over Gekuren and she obviously is trailing,” Hitei stated the obvious.
 
“Trailing?”
 
“Well as far as I can recall, you're the much better half of Midori,” Hitei answered. “But you do like Gekuren. I mean it would be odd if you didn't!”
 
She only smiled.
 
“Hey have you guys seen Denra?” Gekuren suddenly came out of nowhere.
 
Hitei and Ajine exchanged glances.
 
“She went to the living room,” Hitei informed.
 
“Thanks. I'll eat with you later.” Gekuren said smiling at Ajine.
 
“Sure.” Ajine beamed.
 
Gekuren left.
 
“Like I said,” Hitei pointed out.
 
 
Denra sighed and opened a magazine that she took from the rack by the couch.
 
“Denra?” Gekuren was standing across her.
 
She took her eyes off the magazine and looked up. “Oh,” and she returned her attention to her magazine.
 
“I wanted to apologize about the things I said last night. It wasn't really fair for me to say such,” Gekuren explained.
 
“I know.” She put down the magazine. “But that doesn't change anything.”
 
“Friendship is all I ask of you…”
 
She looked at him. Friendship, great! But she could see his sincerity and she couldn't hate him for long anyway… “I guess I could live with that.”
 
“Thank you this means a lot to me.”
 
“But you can't expect me to be a good friend to Ajine. I don't like her and I don't think I ever will,” Denra pointed out.
 
“I understood perfectly.” He was smiling. “So have you tried your power yet?”
 
“No not yet. I really don't know what it is,” she admitted.
 
“Let's go to the kitchen with the others and see,” he offered.
 
“Alright.” She gladly followed him.
 
 
And in the kitchen, they prepared to listen to Denra to sing and behold what would occur. The table seated Ajine and Gekuren.
 
Denra took one last look at him and began to sing, “♫ I never had a dream come true… ♪” she closed her eyes.
 
Hitei stood up to get water from the fridge.
 
“♪ Till the day that I found you… ♫”
 
Ajine's eyes began to grow heavy and Gekuren yawned.
 
“♫ Even though I pretend that I moved on you'll always be my baby…♪”
 
Hitei couldn't see clearly and dropped to the floor. Ajine already had her head supported by her palm and she tried her best to keep her eyes open. Gekuren, who couldn't take anymore, laid his head on the table, and began to doze off.
 
“♪ I never found the words to say. You're the one I think about each day and I know no matter where life takes me to. A part of me will always be with you. ♫” She opened her eyes and looked at Gekuren, who she obviously was singing to.
 
Denra found her audience fast asleep. Hitei was snoring noisily on the floor and Ajine was sleeping too with her hand on the table and Gekuren; he laid his head down on the table.
 
Denra was in an outburst. “WAKE UP!” she screamed out. This was not a nice practical joke. But no one budged.
 
She went to Hitei, took his collar, and rocked him violently. “Wake up!” She dropped him and she went to Ajine and pushed her hand making her face drop hard to the table but she didn't even open her eyes and that truly hurt.
 
Denra even opened Gekuren's closed eyes but he was truly asleep like the rest. “WHY are you all sleeping!!” she loudly demanded an answer.
 
“You sang, didn't you?” came Mizumeko's voice. He entered the kitchen.
 
“What's wrong with that?” Denra protested.
 
“That happens to be your new power. When you sing those who heard it will fall into a deep sleep,” Mizumeko explained. (⌂)
 
 
After an hour or so, the three finally awoke… “My jaw kindda hurts,” Ajine spoke touching her cheek.
 
“And what am I doing on the floor?” Hitei questioned as he stood up.
 
“That was some great sleep,” Gekuren remarked.
 
“Denra sang to you and made you all sleep,” Mizumeko told them.
 
Denra could only smile. She was innocent after all.
 
“Where's Nekuri?” Ajine asked.
 
“I think she's in her room,” replied Mizumeko.
 
 
Nekuri?” Ajine began as she entered Nekuri's room. Ajine found her seated on the edge of the king size bed and staring at something.
 
“What is it?” Nekuri asked.
 
“Have you stopped sending me visions?” she went straight to the point.
 
“Yes. Why do you want me to continue? I figured you'd remember things on your own now,” she answered.
 
“No need… What's that?” Ajine meant the map Nekuri was holding.
 
“I'm trying to figure where in Mirra is the Prism of Cyrus, so when we go there, there won't be much trouble.”
 
“Do all of us need to go there? I mean we can just split up and whoever finds it finds it,” Ajine expressed her opinion.
 
“No… without the five warriors, the Prism can not be retrieved…”
 
“I see…” Ajine replied.
 
 
We're leaving tomorrow,” Nekuri announced after dinner.
 
“We are?” Denra wasn't quite sure of what she just heard.
 
“We need to find the Prism ASAP,” Nekuri reason.
 
“Where is it anyway?” came Hitei's question.
 
“In Mirra,” Mizumeko stated.
 
“That's really not so far from here but Mirra is a huge island,” Gekuren spoke.
 
“Exactly,” Nekuri remarked. “We need to find it soon and we have to remain aware as well. Surely Aku-rei will try to take the Prism from us.”
 
 
* * *
 
 
Ajine was at the patio with Mizumeko who was playing with his laptop.
 
“Do you mean to say that your parents actually think that you're with your relatives?” she asked.
 
“Yep… I'm very good at convincing them. After all what's the use of sorcery when you can't use it all the time,” was his explanation.
 
“Now I understand why you get everything you want, not to mention that you have all the money as well…” said Ajine but she was looking at the vast city lights.
 
“Whom are you talking to?” someone wondered.
 
She turned around, Mizumeko was nowhere, and Gekuren was now by the patio entrance.
 
“Mizumeko, but it seems he has abandoned me.”
 
… “Ajine do you actually remember me?” he asked out of the blue. “You know what I mean, right?”
 
“Yes. I remember you but I can't really remember things completely.”
 
“That's fine with me,” he replied.
 
“I can say that I know much about your present life,” Ajine began.
 
“Really?” he was instantly intrigued.
 
“You study at Anruto with Denra. You have a beautiful Harley and you work at the Yuwakawa Restaurant…” she stated a few.
 
“How'd you know such things?” he was quite amazed.
 
She blushed, “I have my sources.”
 
“I feel ashamed that I don't know much about you,” said Gekuren.
 
“That's okay. I guess I was destined to be the anonymous one anyway.”
 
“When I met Denra I saw the difference immediately. I knew something was wrong but I wasn't so sure that she was the girl I love… until now.”
 
“So you had an intimate relationship with her.”
 
“NO!” he was in great denial, “Not as intimate as you may think I only met her weeks ago and I'm not that kind of guy…” he assured.
 
“…I believe you.”
 
“Do you remember the past at all… other than the fighting… what happened to US?” he was getting somewhere now.
 
“Clearly… that one time you got married, to Midori,” she emphasized on the last word. “Gekuren, Denra may not be Midori but I'm not her either. I'm a different person.”
 
“Believe me… you're like her in so many ways.”
 
“But I'm still not her even if I am partially her. I'm not the girl that you truly love.” She knew perfectly what she was doing.
 
“But… I love you…” Such sweet words.
 
“…It's not me Gekuren… not me that you love but MIDORI and I can't accept a love that's not meant for me… I'm sorry…” she ran off with a sparkle in her eye.
 
“Ajine…”
 
 
Mizumeko busily worked with his laptop and he made his way to a chair and as he sat down. He wondered why this chair didn't feel like a leather chair at all.
 
“Aaaaahh…” Hitei screamed and pushed him as hard as he could. “How dare you sit on me?!” he fumed.
 
“I didn't realize you were there,” he reasoned. “I would never want to do that on purpose especially on you,” he added as he ran to escape.
 
“Argh!!!” was an extremely annoyed expression from Hitei…
 
“Mizumeko!” The steps of a staircase now seated Mizumeko then Denra called him.
 
“What!” he said crossly, obviously wanting to be alone.
 
“Nekuri wants to talk to you. She's outside… waiting,” Denra informed.
 
“What did she say she wanted to talk about?” there was a slight tone change.
 
“I dunno.” Denra raised her shoulders and left.
 
 
Nekuri was sitting on a swing by the lake. The house is really huge with its own lake. Soon she heard someone approaching, “I thought you'd never show up…”
 
“And what's this about?” Mizumeko had his suspicions. He stopped about meters from her.
 
She glanced at him… “Loosen up now. It's not like you don't know me?” she said in the nicest and sweetest tone he had ever heard her say.
 
“I don't know. You've always been a mystery Nekuri… especially this time.”
 
Her good mood instantly evaporated. “What are you getting at!?” Her eyes were beginning to get darker with anger.
 
“You're always disappearing and reappearing at the right places at the right time. Isn't that suspicious?” Mizumeko asked sharply.
 
“Well I happen to have other important things to attend to unlike most of you. My `reappearing at the right place at the right time' would only justify how powerful I am!” she reasoned without despair.
 
But he only smiled to her surprise. “Why thank you for explaining and I expected that you'd tell me that I have no right to question you and then you'd leave me. That's the Naminori I know,” he shot back.
 
She gritted her teeth and so it seems that it truly is impossible for them to get along. She may never know the reason why Mizumeko was said to be powerful and he seemed to know something…
 
“And so I've changed.” Nekuri tried her best to stay calm.
 
“And so you have…” he agreed, “I really don't have time to argue with you so if you'll excuse me. I'll now take my leave.” He turned his back.
 
“Wait!” Nekuri had a firm grip on his arm. “You can't hide anything from me… sooner or later I'll find out,” she threatened. She stood very near him. Her height glowered over Mizumeko's child physique.
 
“Hah! We shall see about that!” he said sharply and retrieved his arm.
 
Nekuri bit her lip, “I will know. Sooner or later I will…”
 
 
Hitei went downstairs. His insomnia was bugging him again. It's because he slept very late the other night so his body's shut down system has automatically adjusted to the late night - or morning - sleeping. He scratched his head and went straight for the fridge. Not noticing a person sitting by the dining room table and that person didn't seem to have noticed him either.
 
He was drinking water when he turned and saw a person there. He unexpectedly burped all the water from his mouth to that person.
 
“Aahh!” it was Ajine, now all soaking wet… (gross!)…
 
“What did I miss?” he immediately read her face.
 
Ajine wiped her swollen eyes… “I totally rejected Gekuren!”
 
“WHAT!??” His jaw dropped, it was unbelievable.
“It's true.”
 
“But why?” Hitei squealed.
 
“Because he doesn't love me… he loves Midori,” was her explanation.
 
“What's the difference?”
 
“A lot.”
 
“But you love him don't you?”
 
Ajine sniffed… “Yes,” came the whisper.
 
“Then why did you have to do that??!!”
 
“I can't let myself pretend that I'm the one he loves. I don't want to lose myself pretending to be someone I'm not and neither will I enter a relationship where someday I fear he may realize that he doesn't love me and hate myself for not being her… because I already love him so much.”
 
 
“I understand…” Hitei patted her shoulder. “Believe you made the right decision and as the song goes `don't wanna love you when you won't love me. Don't wanna need you when you won't need me too' and also `When I'm not the one in your heart then you won't be in mine either'.”
 
“I haven't heard that other one before,” she reacted with a smile.
 
“Of course, I made it up!”
 
Laughter…
 
 
Morning came… The group of six was getting ready to leave.
 
“Hey come on! Faster! We haven't got all day!” Denra ordered. She stood by the side of the CRV. The sun was shining magnificently today and her yellow hair radiated with it.
 
“Yes! Madam,” Hitei teased as he got a bag and placed it on the back of the car's trunk.
 
“It's because you brought too much stuff,” Mizumeko pointed out. He was walking toward the car from the manor's entrance.
 
“I happen to have a social life,” Denra shot back.
 
“Social life? Ajine why are we leaving again?” Mizumeko inquired.
 
Ajine smiled, “To find the Prism.” She loaded her red backpack in the trunk.
 
“See!” Mizumeko flashed Denra a triumphant smile.
 
She made a face in return.
 
“And don't forget the socializing part or else we'll never find the Prism,” Gekuren spoke as he loaded the last bag in the CRV's trunk. He closed the door.
 
Denra was surprised so she gave Gekuren an imploring glance but he just smiled at her. She felt a new wave of hope for reconciliation.
 
“Let's get going,” Nekuri's commanding voice was heard.
 
 
They left for Mirra, the island known for all its beauty and mystery.
 
Nekuri was driving while Denra was alone in the front seat.
 
“So where are we gonna stay?” Hitei asked out of the blue.
 
Traffic was beginning to slow them down as they neared the main land.
 
“Maybe in Mirra,” Denra teased. She was obviously in a good mood.
 
“Seriously…” Hitei insisted.
 
“A hotel would be fine of course,” Mizumeko answered.
 
“That can be if we have the money,” said Ajine.
 
“And we don't,” Nekuri added.
 
There came a light tap on Denra's window.
 
It was Gekuren on his motorcycle.
 
“Hey!” Denra greeted.
 
“Hey,” he greeted in return. “Traffic is real common in Mirra. I'll go find a nice place to stay.”
 
“Try to find a place near a computer rental,” Mizumeko croaked.
 
“Oh and a big one too with a closet,” Denra wailed.
 
“Anything else?” Gekuren asked.
 
Ajine was looking intently at him. They haven't talked since last night. Maybe this is the time to speak… She tried to catch his gaze but he seemed to be avoiding her eyes.
 
“That's about it!” Hitei concluded.
 
“See ya guys later then.” He sped off.
 
 
Denra looked at the rear view window and saw Ajine's face sadden. Then she realized how much Gekuren has been avoiding Ajine. She smiled secretly. So it seems something happened that she didn't know but she knew well enough that she could very well take advantage of this situation. If Gekuren has changed his mind about Ajine surely that also goes with her. And he has been extra nice since morning. “Hhhmm…” Denra purred as she began to scheme.
 
Ajine couldn't help but feel guilty and hurt as well. I deserve this. It seems I have hurt him badly.
 
“Ajine what's that?” Mizumeko suddenly shouted and pointed at Ajine's shoulder.
 
“What! What!!” Ajine panicked and started brushing her shoulder.
 
Mizumeko then started laughing.
 
“What?” Ajine demanded but she was already suspicious.
 
“Nothing of course,” Mizumeko choked up.
 
Ajine narrowed her eyes… but she forgave him easily knowing he only wanted to cheer her up.
 
 
No vacancy… what do you mean?” Gekuren asked, with a frown.
 
“No more rooms and we don't let strangers such as you especially at these times!!” the lady answered harshly.
 
Gekuren looked upset. This has been the fifth time he's been turned down. “These times?”
 
“Don't you know crazy stuff has been happening since a few days ago. If I can I'd leave this place immediately but I won't just abandon my home,” the stout lady informed.
 
 
Hey. Haven't you noticed that all the cars are heading out of the city…” Hitei pointed out.
 
“They are even using this lane,” Denra added.
 
“I wonder why?” asked Ajine.
 
“Excuse me, sir.” Hitei asked the person inside the car near them after he opened the window. “Why are you leaving?”
 
“It's crazy there. You better turn back as well for your own good,” he advised.
 
“Maybe we should do as he says,” Denra suggested.
 
“Stop being a scaredy-cat Denra!” Mizumeko said.
 
“We can't just leave Gekuren,” Ajine suddenly remarked.
 
“She's right we need - we need to destroy the Prism. Perhaps Aku-rei's allies are causing the strange events occurring here,” Nekuri assumed.
 
“I think you're absolutely right,” Mizumeko agreed with his indescribable tone.
 
Suddenly the earth rocked violently. Everyone started to panic as the water swelled. Then a loud shrill cry was heard.
 
“What the!” Ajine got out of the car.
 
A huge golem emerged from the sea. Everybody began to flee. The monster faced the direction of the bridge where they were at. This golem was made of layers upon layers of mud.
 
“Look…” Hitei cried.
 
A boy stood proudly atop the golem's head. With his height, he resembled a five year old with disheveled orange hair sprouting on his head..
 
“Hhmm…” the boy saw them as well, “I see…” he murmured. “Now…” he signaled and the golem's eyes lit up in response.
 
The stout lady's face began to grow pale.
 
“What is it?” Gekuren was worried because she fell to her feet. She also pointed upwards.
 
He was horrified to see a huge golem, “Ajine!” he hurried to his motorcycle and sped off.
 
 
Giant mud balls were starting to fly to their direction.
 
“What do we do?” Denra choked out.
 
“This would have been easy,” Nekuri spoke, her tone annoying.
 
“What do you mean?” Mizumeko asked as he made a transparent shield materialize before them. The huge mud balls disintegrated as they hit the shield.
 
“Teleporting to the head of the golem would be a great idea. The kid's probably controlling it. Getting rid of him would surely be an easy task. Only if one has this certain power,” Nekuri eyed Hitei.
 
“I've had enough!” Hitei got angry all over again.
 
“HITEI!” Ajine warned. “What options do we have?”
 
A huge mud ball suddenly over powered Mizumeko's shield so they were dispersed.
 
Hitei noticed a lady of long and curly carnation pink hair, by the side of the bridge staring blankly at the golem. A big mud ball was heading her way.
 
“Get away!” he shouted and he ran towards her.
 
She looked at him with confused deep blue eyes.
 
Hitei was able to grab her before the mud ball closed in. He used the shadow of the mud ball to escape.
 
 
You alright?” He asked as he stood her up. He took her to a shadowy park just beside the bridge but far enough from harm.
 
“Ye - yes.” She seemed quite uneasy. “Thank you… Thank you for saving me,” she said.
 
“You better stay here.” He advised.
 
She nodded and he disappeared into the shadows.
 
 
Aren't you the heroic type,” Denra mentioned as Hitei appeared from a shadow behind her.
 
Hitei just smiled, his brown eyes twinkled.
 
“Spirits of Zorn-dai, lend me your power to defeat this creature,” Nekuri summoned and several white figures appeared around her. “Defeat the enemy!” She aimed for the golem. The white figures attacked it.
 
Its eyes glowed yellow and more mud balls came countering the spirits.
 
Nekuri was shocked. “It's a powerful one.” All the spirits were countered successfully but she was not done yet. She held out her hand.
 
“Let me,” it was Mizumeko who now spoke.
 
They all looked at him.
 
His hands were near his chest, his head was bowed as he mumbled words none could understand, and energy started to gather between his palms. It grew larger.
 
Ajine was totally amazed as she watched Mizumeko. She couldn't believe how much power he possessed.
 
“Energy blast!” and he released this power to the golem. It was a huge gold sphere traveling at very high speed.
 
The golem tried to shield itself with its arms crossing before him. The blast was diverted away but the golem lost its left arm in the process.
 
It exploded just behind the golem.
 
 
Mizumeko was breathing hard; he still held his hand up.
 
“Mizumeko?” Ajine went to him just in time to catch him as he fell.
 
Nekuri was now wide-eyed. This could not be possible. She could not believe her eyes.
 
“Nobi, remember my name. I shall see you all again.” they all heard as the boy stared at them.
 
The golem started to submerge itself into the water again and soon was out of sight.
 
“Everyone okay?” Gekuren was kindda late. He arrived, heaving.
 
“Gekuren!” Denra merrily exclaimed. She ran to him and threw herself at him.
 
“What was that?” Hitei wondered.
 
“A mud golem,” someone answered.
 
Hitei looked to his right and saw the lady he saved standing nearby. She wore a smile on her face.
 
“My name is Oyu…” she said. She tucked the loose strands of her pink hair behind her ear.
 
“I'm Ajine, so you live here?” Ajine approached her and shook her hand.
 
“Yes at the southern part of this island, Puruto.” Oyu informed them.
 
“That reminds me. Bad news… No place to stay,” Gekuren announced.
 
“What?!!?” Denra said crossly. She was clinging to him.
 
“That's not a problem. You can all stay at my home after all your friend saved me,” was Oyu's kind offer.
 
“You mean Hitei,” said Denra.
 
“That's real nice of you,” Hitei mentioned.
 
Oyu turned pink.
 
Hitei blinked.
 
“I see something here…” Denra smiled widely.
 
“I agree… definitely,” Gekuren second the motion.
 
“Put a sock on it!!” was all Hitei could say.
 
 
Oyu's home was in the edge of a forest and near a white sand beach rip-roaring with the southern sea of Mirra.
 
“This place is great!” Denra sighed. She stretched out her arms.
 
“Thank you.” Oyu acknowledged as they sat around the old-fashioned dining room. The house was simple but huge. It was like an island getaway from the hustle and bustle of the city.
 
“You live here alone?” asked Gekuren as he drank tea that Oyu offered.
 
“My father left while I was still young and my mother died years ago,” Oyu explained.
 
“You must get lonely living here all alone,” said Hitei.
 
She silently nodded with a faint smile.
 
“Where are we?” Mizumeko joined them. He entered the dining room from the tidy peach hallway.
 
“Finally awoken…” Nekuri mentioned.
 
“We are at Oyu's humble abode,” Ajine answered.
 
“You were really great,” Denra remarked.
 
“You shouldn't have wasted so much energy,” Nekuri said coldly.
 
“If you'll excuse me, I need fresh air.” Mizumeko walked to leave.
 
“Hey wait!” Hitei followed him as he went outside.
 
“Why are you talking like that to Mizumeko? He saved us all.” Gekuren questioned Nekuri.
 
“He just wasted energy without being able to vanquish the monster. He just chopped the left arm and totally missed the rest!” was the harsh reality.
 
“Nevertheless, we still owe him our lives.” Ajine was persistent.
 
“I don't owe him anything. I could have done better anyway.” Nekuri was stern.
 
“At least he scared it away,” said Denra.
 
“But it's gonna return,” Nekuri shot back.
 
“The golem is just healing itself… but it will come back stronger than before.” Oyu said and she looked lost in thought.
 
They all stared at her in wonder.
 
“Oh sorry,” she apologized.
 
 
Hey Mizumeko!” Hitei called him.
 
“What??” Mizumeko was irritated. The sun was slowly setting in the blue sea. The sky was magnificently red.
 
“I need to talk to you,” he began.
 
“About?”
 
“Well, my powers… I'm disappointing everybody, am I?” his tone was sad.
 
“Very much!” came a frank response, “I was beginning to wonder how come you can't teleport.”
 
Hitei bit his lip.
 
“Let me see…” Mizumeko walked to him and held out his hand before Hitei's chest.
 
“What're you going to do?”
 
“Wait and see.” Mizumeko closed his eyes as he murmured and light came between them and a slight gust blew their hair. He suddenly opened his eyes in alarm.
 
Hitei gave him a most meaningful glance.
Mizumeko just stared back at him. He withdrew his hand and the light subsided. “You have the power within you. It's just not at the highest level to let you start teleporting effectively.”
 
“What must I do?” Hitei asked.
 
“I'll use my sorcery to max up the energy you can use but you have to learn to use it yourself.”
 
“Alright.” Hitei was enthusiastic.
 
“This will feel weird but you have to bear with it,” Mizumeko warned.
 
Hitei nodded.
 
Mizumeko's hand was suddenly illuminated fully, he reached for Hitei's chest, and his hand passed right into him.
 
Hitei felt that something was inside him. As if there was a medical doctor's hand sorting through his insides. And then it stopped and suddenly something seemed to have awaken in him and immediately he felt strengthen.
 
“Let's get inside its getting cold,” Mizumeko spoke.
 
“You go. I'll start training,” said Hitei and Mizumeko left as he wished.
 
 
Amm… Hitei… Does he have a girlfriend?” Oyu asked with a shy smile. She, Ajine, Denra and Gekuren were the only ones left in the dining room.
 
Denra went bright-eyed, “You like him, don't you?”
 
Oyu smiled sheepishly but her blue eyes were glittering..
 
“No… he doesn't have one as far as any of us know…” Gekuren replied.
 
“Hitei's really nice and great,” Ajine assured.
 
“Alright.” Oyu stood up. “I better go and let you all sleep now.” She bade goodnight and left.
 
“We best get some sleep!” Gekuren declared with a big yawn.
 
“Gekuren…” Denra began as she looked at him and Ajine at the corner of her eye. “I was wondering if I could ride with you tomorrow. I sure would like to feel the wind in my hair again.”
 
Gekuren glanced at Ajine but she was just looking straight ahead with no actual reaction. “Alright.” He stood up. “See ya.” He left the two girls.
 
… “Ajine!” Denra called. She was on her way to leave as well.
 
Ajine looked at her.
 
“Gekuren's mine!” Denra triumphantly shouted out.
 
 
Hitei stood composed by the roaring waves at the beach… Focus now… Focus… he was trying to learn how to teleport for real. Training with my brother wasn't easy but with Mizumeko's magic trick this time it won't take me two years to learn.
 
Suddenly a hand grabbed his shoulder.
 
“Aaahhh…” Hitei gave out a shrill girly scream, he dropped to the sand, and a wave clashed behind him. “Gekuren you scared the crap out of me!!” He was dripping with seawater.
 
“I didn't mean to scare you at all. What're you doing here anyway?” Gekuren asked as he helped Hitei up on his feet.
 
“Trying to learn how to teleport…”
 
“So - rry.” Gekuren suddenly drifted. He was completely taken away by the beautiful black sky illuminated by millions and millions of stars.
 
Hitei looked at the stars… so beautiful… so romantic. He faced Gekuren, “Why are you here?” he was slightly annoyed by Gekuren's presence.
 
“You and Ajine have grown pretty close.”
 
“Yup and I know what had happened the night before.”
 
“I realized that I really really like the idea of her being so much like Midori and it's become my driving force to confess but I know and understand what she pointed out.” Gekuren explained.
 
… “Why don't you to talk and like… be friends for a while and then look and see,” was Hitei's advice.
 
“But she ain't talking to me!” Gekuren stammered.
 
“You're the one not talking to her nor even looking her way,” he said as a matter-of-factly.
 
“WHAT?!”
 
“Yeah! She thinks that's her punishment for breaking your heart and you're obviously trying your luck again on Denra.”
 
“And WHO TOLD you that?!” he protested.
 
“Haven't you noticed how extra attentive you are to her lately and the direct opposite to Ajine,” Hitei told him.
 
He thought for a moment before he answered, “I guess, but Denra's a friend and Ajine… well I really like her.”
 
“Good because she likes you too,” Hitei spilled.
 
“She does?”
 
“Indeed. Certainly.”
 
“I should start over and get to know her better…?”
 
“Yep and strictly no mentioning of Midori.”
 
“No mentioning of Midori,” Gekuren echoed.
 
They both turned their heads when they noticed someone heading into the woods by the right side of the house. That person had long curling pink hair and white garments.
 
“Isn't that Oyu?” Gekuren whispered.
 
“Let's find out,” was the invitation to follow and snoop.
 
 
Oyu went into the forest. Walking straight, she obviously knew where she was going. She came to a halt.
 
Gekuren and Hitei were alarmed for they thought she found them out but then torches appeared before her and people came. There were about ten able-bodied men, who had torches, rakes and knives in hand.
 
“What's the meaning of this?” asked Oyu in a terror-stricken voice.
 
“Don't play dumb, priestess!” one of them spoke. He seemed to be the leader of this pack. He was the tallest among them but he didn't look so smart.
 
“Priestess?” Gekuren murmured.
 
Hitei didn't know either. They remained hidden in the bushes nearby.
 
“You're the one controlling that golem…” another accused. He pointed the torch to her face.
 
“And you accepted THEM into your home!!” came another cry from the back on the pack.
 
“The golem no longer obeys me and the people, I received at my home are good people. They saved me… us. All of us, they saved.” Oyu voiced out.
 
“Pweh.” The leader spitted on the ground. “We don't believe you. You're the Priestess, who keeps telling us of this mud golem and how it would protect us in time. Nobody ever listened to you so you decided to teach us all a lesson. You awakened the golem and turned it against us!” It was a horrifying wrong conclusion.
 
“No… no…” Oyu denied everything, “This boy came upon the shrine and awakened the golem.”
 
“Let's kill her so the golem will sleep again,” was a horrible suggestion.
 
“Kill her… Kill her!” the people said in chorus.
 
“Silence!” the leader spoke. “If you aren't really the villain, then make it stop from destroying even more.”
 
She shook her head, “I can't… It doesn't listen to me anymore.”
 
“Then the only way is execution.” The leader declared and his followers merrily agreed.
 
The color from her face drained. “Please… no.” tears brimmed from her blue eyes.
 
“A lady shouldn't be treated like that…” Gekuren came out of hiding.
 
“And who might you be?” one asked.
 
“They're the magicians, who the priestess welcomed,” someone informed.
 
“Get outta here if you don't wanna get hurt,” the leader taunted.
 
“You're the ones who should stand aside.” Hitei popped his knuckles. He was ready to battle.
 
Oyu marveled at his bravery.
 
“Easy Hitei,” warned Gekuren but he was smiling. He wanted to teach those goons a lesson too.
 
“You think we're afraid of your hocus pocus… well we aren't!” some guy yelled.
 
“I don't need any kind of hocus pocus with you guys,” Hitei was encouraging their rage.
 
“Let's get him!” the people started attacking Hitei with their torches and rakes.
 
 
Will he be alright?” Oyu wanted to know.
 
“Don't worry about Hitei. He can handle them all.” Gekuren stood by her with full confidence in Hitei.
 
Hitei avoided the torch that one guy was trying to burn him with and then he caught it and twisted the hand of the guy. The leader swiped his rake to Hitei's head. Luckily he was able to evade it but a little cut was now on Hitei's face. Another guy tried to get him from behind but Hitei's fist hit his face squarely. He kicked the leader's stomach and he immediately crashed to the ground.
 
“Hey… how about you?” asked Hitei to those who remained frozen to their current stance.
 
They all couldn't believe he was able beat them all up in a few seconds. They hastily ran away.
 
“Cowards!!” Hitei shouted victoriously.
 
“How'd you know I was here?” Oyu wanted to know.
 
Gekuren scratched his head, “We kindda followed you.” He felt ashamed.
 
“I'm thankful that you did.” She looked at Hitei.
 
“Where were you going anyway?” asked Hitei.
 
“To the shrine I'm a golem Priestess of Mirra,” was her answer.
 
“Can we come with you?” Gekuren asked.
 
“Yes…”
 
After walking for a few minutes, they arrived at a remote area of the forest that was totally misty and soon their trip ended in a huge circular clearing.
 
Oyu lead them to the middle where there were two stone poles representing an entrance and there was a small rock with ancient writings.
 
“This is where the golem once stood. I alone know of this place and yet that kid, he somehow got here a few nights before. I went here to pray when I saw this empty clearing and the golem heading towards the sea with that strange and surely powerful boy atop him.” She pointed at the cleared path to the sea. It was obvious that something big passed and trampled all the trees in its way.
 
“I came here because I thought that it'll heal itself here in its own shrine.” Disappointment.
 
“Let's go back,” Hitei suggested.
 
She nodded and they left altogether.