Fan Fiction ❯ Sacred Pentacle ❯ Chapter 8

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER EIGHT
 
That's not the prism!” Aku-rei threw the prism Yukari had delivered. The prism broke into pieces.
 
“But how? I was there…” Yukari tried to explain but she knew she had failed. “I apologize… I'm so sorry…” She started to tremble with anger.
 
“I think even the warriors were mistaken. Indeed that was the only prism there,” Enjin spoke.
 
“Enjin,” she whispered with a smile.
 
“… And so it seems… Don't fail me anymore. Bring Naminori and the Prism of Cyrus back to me,” Aku-rei ordered.
 
“Alright,” Yukari said with determination. They'll be sorry they were born.
 
 
I still can't believe the only prism in Kyo is the prism of King Tut,” said Denra.
 
“Not to mention that Yukari was dumb enough not to know it's not what she's suppose to be looking for.” Ajine giggled.
 
Mizumeko was fast asleep.
 
They were on the plane heading back to Mirra.
 
“But why did Inogu sent us after the wrong prism? We've wasted so much energy,” Gekuren spoke.
 
“We shall pay him another visit and get a valid explanation.” Nekuri made a decision.
 
“I just hope he'll tell us the truth this time,” Hirosa told them.
 
 
Walking the same path once again…
 
“Hey!” some happy dark red haired guy.
 
“Moriyoka. Nice to see you again,” Ajine greeted back.
 
“You're all back. Did ya find that prism thing you were looking for?” he inquired as he walked with them.
 
“Actually no,” Denra said dryly.
 
“And we have to talk to your father again about something important,” Gekuren sounded serious.
 
“Oh. Dad's at home.” was Moriyoka's reaction.
 
“You seem to be in good terms with Inogu already,” Hirosa spoke.
 
“Things have changed since you all left. Everything's great. The authorities have stopped going after him after finding out that he really didn't kill that elder.” he informed.
 
They could already see the house.
 
“Come on. I'm sure dad will be glad to see you again.” He led the way.
 
As they walked nearer a pile of rocks by the fence of Inogu's home caught Denra's eye.
 
“Hey, look!” Denra picked one up and played with it, tossing it upwards and catching it. A sly smile emerged on her face.
 
The others got the point instantly.
 
 
“Hey! Welcome back!” Inogu burst out from the front door, and lots of stones rained down on him.
 
 
A shadow cast over the horizon…
 
A familiar lady with camo green eyes looked upwards but all she saw was the bright sun and blue sky.
 
“What's wrong?” someone asked her with concern in his eyes.
 
“Nothing. Nothing at all,” she said and faked a smile.
 
 
In the house, “Why'd you throw stones at me?” Inogu demanded to know.
 
(╬ ╬ ╬) They all got annoyed.
 
“Didn't we make it clear that we were looking for the Prism of Cyrus not King Tut or whatever.” Nekuri tried to keep calm.
 
“You mean… I directed you to the wrong prism?” He was acting all innocent.
 
“I've had enough of those innocent eyes.” Denra was ready to strangle him but Hirosa and Gekuren held her down.
 
“We went through so much trouble but it ended to nothing!” Ajine sounded more hurt than angry.
 
“Well…”
 
Mizumeko didn't let Inogu finish his statement. “Don't you know who we are? We can seal you in an uncharted place forever with all the rest of the evils…” he taunted.
 
“What do you mean?” Moriyoka spoke up.
 
“I see. I wasn't so sure so I didn't tell you the truth.” Inogu turned serious.
 
“I don't understand.” Moriyoka was confused.
 
“Didn't you notice there's like five - “Hirosa's voice trailed off realizing they weren't five at all.
 
“… If you weren't the five holy warriors of the Sacred Pentacle then you won't be able to get it,” Inogu said.
 
“Exactly,” Nekuri agreed.
 
Inogu sighed. “Four warriors need to go to the four golems of Mirra and step into the circles on the ground where the golems formerly stood. You will have to make the golems move. Even the golem priests of Mirra cannot command them. If you really are a holy warrior then the golem would submit to your request but if otherwise… it'll crush you!” he paused to smile. “The other one shall go to the center of Mirra, the Statue of Cyrus. There one will be able to get the Prism of Cyrus as the solid statue breaks apart with the prism within it. I warn you the statue won't break by any other means,” he said in such a sarcastic tone.
 
“You sound as if you don't believe us,” Mizumeko stated the obvious.
 
“You can never be so sure,” Inogu replied his yellow green eyes sharp.
 
“Hey, we saved Imeijo,” Hirosa reminded.
 
“I know.”
 
“Doesn't that count us as at least good people?” Gekuren asked.
 
“You don't need to convince me anyway. My opinion doesn't affect anything…” Inogu said as a matter-of-factly.
 
“Let's get that prism.” Nekuri didn't care about anything else.
 
 
Let's go.” Came the invitation. She had finally found her. Jiname had stayed in a forest cabin not far from the river where she had fallen.
 
The black haired lady blinked. She only stared at this beautiful woman of brownish-black eyes and long curling white hair. to her, Yukari seemed like an angel.
 
“Jiname, I haven't got all day. Oh don't tell me you have amnesia or something?” Yukari frowned.
 
Jiname's camo green eyes grew dim. She thought she could escape it all but she was wrong. “Yukari.” She whispered.
 
“Good! Its time to take revenge…” Yukari was very promising. She was already extending her right hand to Jiname.
 
Jiname on the other hand was clinging to the wooden door. Confusion was brewing inside her mind.
 
“Kawa?” A man emerged from the cabin.
 
Yukari raised an intrigued brow.
 
Jiname looked back and saw him. “Daigo.” She called his name.
 
“Who is she?” he asked, seeing Yukari who stood by the door.
 
“Jiname!” Yukari bid her to follow her as she walked towards Enjin. He was waiting by the yard.
 
“Jiname? Is that your name?” he inquired with a smile. She had always been a mystery to him. A mystery he wished to solve.
 
“I'm sorry Daigo but I have to go.” Jiname ran out the door.
 
Wait!” he chased after her but they were gone.
 
 
This is it?” Denra questioned. They stood around the statue of Cyrus that was in the middle of the park in Jupita.
 
“Yep… A tribute to Cyrus the great who defended Jupita with his own life.” Gekuren read the inscription.
 
“I've been here before… I didn't think this would be where the prism is,” Denra admitted.
 
(⌂) … “It looks ordinary iron. How can this be indestructible,” said Mizumeko.
 
“I just hope he told the truth this time.” Hirosa's statement sounded quite familiar.
 
“He didn't lie. He was serious,” Ajine mentioned.
 
“So who's going where?” Denra wanted to know…
 
“Why don't five of you go to the golems and I'll stay here?” Nekuri suggested.
 
Mizumeko's glasses reflected the sunlight. “Denra and Ajine might not be able to accomplish the job because they are obviously not `together'.”
 
“Alright,” Ajine accepted easily.
 
“Do you think the golem will accept me?” Hirosa inquired.
 
They all looked at her.
 
“I mean - “
 
Nekuri laughed out loudly.
 
“What's so funny?” she protested.
 
“Why did you ask such an absurd question?!” was Nekuri's explanation… “I'll take the golem in Neputun. Gekuren take the one in Masu. Hirosa in Puruto and Mizumeko in Satun… accomplish this before dusk.” Nekuri suddenly closed her eyes.
 
“Hey. You sleeping?” Denra poked Nekuri's cheek but got no reply.
 
“Clever,” Mizumeko began. “Astral Projection. She can travel even faster.”
 
“Fine.” Hirosa vanished with a smile.
 
“I feel cheated,” said Gekuren.
 
“Well not everybody is gifted with easy traveling powers…” Ajine bid Gekuren and Mizumeko goodbye as they left.
 
Can't believe I let myself get stuck with you!” Denra hated this.
 
“Why do you hate me? I never did anything to you,” Ajine said.
 
“Oh really try stealing Gekuren from me,” Denra jeered.
 
“Steal from you but you two broke up. He came to me Denra. I didn't lure him.”
 
“Argh… You're so goodie-goodie. You shouldn't have come. We could have done better without you. After all I'm the only one that's supposed to be known as Midori.”
 
Ajine kept silent. She could not believe how stubborn Denra was.
 
“What? Cat got your tongue.” Denra glared at her.
 
“Duck!” Ajine pulled Denra down with her, as a ball of energy almost hit them both.
 
 
Mizumeko didn't need to ask the priest guarding the water golem. He knew where the shrine was. It was in a remote river connected to the ocean. But instead of accomplishing his task immediately he just stood in a shade of a tree brought out his Game boy and started playing.
 
 
Nekuri traveled to the wind golem's shrine floating. After all, she separated herself from her physical body…
 
She found it in a valley beyond the mountain. Luckily the priestess was there praying… She immediately plunged into the priestess' body and took control of the body.
 
Nekuri opened her eyes and saw through the eyes of the priestess. She willed the golem to reveal itself to her and instantly the wind blew real hard. She tried to shield her eyes from all the dust it stirred up…
 
When she looked again the leaves of the trees were whirling around before her. Then a set of dark eyes opened within the moderate whirlwind.
 
“I need you to move,” Nekuri requested slowly.
 
The dark eyes gave her one more stare and it surprisingly moved sideways and exposed a circle of colorful flowers that wasn't there before the golem came.
 
She entered it and white light filled the circle.
 
 
Here we are…” said Oyu who helped Hirosa to get to the shrine of the earth golem again.
 
“It's whole again…” Hirosa mentioned. The earth golem stood high and mighty before them.
 
Oyu nodded with a smile. She looked the same as before.
 
“Now… Mr. Earth Golem. Please move and let us get the prism.”
 
Suddenly the golem's hand moved and was about to plunge its rocky fist on Hirosa but it suddenly stopped just a few feet above Hirosa's head.
 
She sighed. She thought it was all over for her.
 
The golem stood up to its highest and walked backwards and unraveling a small circle engraved on the dry hard soil.
 
“Thank you.” Hirosa bowed first before the golem and stepped into the circle and the yellow light engulfed her.
 
 
Ajine assisted Denra as they stood up.
 
“Leave me alone!” Denra pushed Ajine's hand away.
 
“Okay.” Ajine let her go and Denra fell to the floor instantly.
 
“Hi, pretty girls,” a lady's voice greeted them and they both saw two women standing nearby.
 
“It's the stupid fool,” Denra said sharply.
 
“And Jiname. You're alive. We all thought you were done for.” Ajine recognized them.
 
“We'll take the Prism of Cyrus,” Yukari said.
 
“Why? Aku-rei didn't accept the last one?” Denra didn't want to stop.
 
“I've had quite enough of your blabbering…” Denra had crossed beyond Yukari's patience. “The noise is unbearable. Take it away and all becomes serene,” Yukari chanted.
 
A light cast upon Denra's face and the next second her mouth was gone…
 
 
Just lead me to the shrine…” Gekuren insisted but the priestess just looked at him. He was in some retro bar in Masu.
 
“I can't do that. The shrine is not allowed to be seen by just anyone.”
 
“But I'm not just anyone. I'm a holy warrior…” He was getting desperate.
 
“And why should I believe you!” she snapped and walked away.
 
Gekuren thought he was lucky to have found the priestess easily. Mezuza was famous in Masu not only because she is the fire golem priestess but because she was said to be able to predict the future and fate of a person.
 
“You're into fortune-telling, right?” Gekuren asked, chasing after her.
 
“Yes.” She faced him. Her crimson eyes looked annoyed.
 
“Examine my palm. Look into my future. See my fate. You'll know if I were telling the truth.” He extended his hand to her.
 
“Alright but you have to pay me!” Mezuza took his hand and examined his palm.
 
 
I guess that's enough,” said Mizumeko and he looked at the river that easily rose up and formed into something more than just water. A face emerged on the figure. No longer did water flow on the river.
 
The golem automatically stepped out of the river revealing a quartz formation that was a perfect circle.
 
Mizumeko went into the circle and blue light came about.
 
 
Aaah!” Mezuza gave a short-lived shriek.
 
“What?!” Gekuren got worried.
 
Mezuza was stunned. She whirled some of her light blue hair using her finger.
 
“What did you see?” asked Gekuren. One minute she was impatiently looking at his palm and the other she grew silent then shrieked.
 
“I-I apologize sir. Please follow me,” she said politely and she led the way.
 
After a few minutes of walking, she entered a big old abandoned plane hangar.
 
Gekuren peeped inside. It was totally darkness except for a faint light in the middle of the hangar.
 
Mezuza stood before him and held a paper lantern. “Please come. I won't want to get in your way.” Her red crimson eyes were shining with the light.
 
“What did you see? What happens in the future?” Gekuren wasn't giving up.
 
“Don't worry. Things will be well despite how negative things may seem to be. Please follow me and close the door behind you.” She walked in the darkness.
 
Soon they arrived at the shrine with a single flame of a candle was their ultimate guide.
 
“Please your companions await…” Mezuza beckoned him.
 
Gekuren bit his lip. “Please show yourself to me,” came a simple request.
 
Out of nowhere a huge flame burst before them. Gekuren and Mezuza stepped back at the same time.
 
“Show me where to go…” he spoke calmly.
 
The golem's eyes blinked and the bright flaming body moved to the right.
 
He found a circle-shaped soot where the golem used to stand. “Thanks,” was heard before the red light shone.
 
 
Denra didn't know what to do because she could not talk and express herself. She was going wild.
 
Ajine narrowed her eyes. The Creil appeared in her hand.
 
“I'm not here to fight you… Even though I clearly have the advantage,” said Yukari.
 
“Hah. You're just afraid I'd beat you,” Ajine shot back.
 
“Uhm… uhm…” Denra was pointing at something.
 
The statue was beginning to crack and rays of light began to glow out of it. Ajine and Yukari were too busy glaring at each other to notice.
 
“Actually… I'm afraid I might kill you… and I can't do that!” Yukari confessed.
 
“Just say you're too weak.”
 
“Um… um…!” Denra kept bugging them.
 
“WHAT!!” Ajine and Yukari told her in unison but they couldn't understand her.
 
Yukari flipped her right hand and removed her spell, “What?”
 
“The statue!” Denra told them.
 
The statue of Cyrus suddenly burst open. Small pieces of metal went flying all over the place.
 
Jiname just stood there welcoming every sharp and deadly piece of metal heading for her. Somebody suddenly grabbed her shoulder and pulled her downwards.
 
There it was the Prism of Cyrus floating in mid-air. They all marveled at it.
 
“Finally.” Yukari steadily walked to it until, “Aaah,” she screamed as she fell to the floor.
 
Ajine held onto her, not letting her move.
 
“Let me go.” Yukari tried her best to kick Ajine off her.
 
“Denra get the prism!” Ajine held on tight.
 
Denra hastily ran to get it… She couldn't help but stare at it. It was just as Nekuri described it. It was a clear rectangular prism containing another rectangular prism that was black and upside down inside it.
 
Nekuri's body still stood there. Her cheek was bloody for a metal piece of the statue cut her. Her gold eyes suddenly opened and she immediately took hold of the prism.
 
“Nekuri,” Denra said on relief. “I'm so glad it's you.”
 
“Where are the others?” Ajine wondered.
 
“They still have to travel back,” Nekuri replied.
 
“Jiname!” Yukari called as she stood. “JINAME!!” She was getting ireful.
 
 
She's calling me. I need to go,” she told him. They were behind a couple of bushes not far from where Yukari was.
 
“But you're not evil…” Daigo answered.
 
“Not evil… You don't know me Daigo. Just let me go.”
 
“I won't let you go.” He held her arm firmly.
 
Jiname struggled to free herself.
 
“There you are and who's that?” Yukari asked from a far but Yukari was totally ignored.
 
“Let go of me… Daigo!!” Jiname yelled.
 
“I can't… I won't… I love you, Jiname.”
 
“But you… you don't - “
 
“I know you well enough to love you and I know you're not a bad person,” he said it all.
 
Yukari rolled her eyes, “WHAT DO YOU THINK THIS IS!” she fumed.
 
“Yukari…” Jiname broke free
 
 
Why don't we just leave and let them fight amongst themselves,” Denra suggested as she creeped away.
 
“We can't.” Ajine dragged her back.
 
“The others might get in trouble.” Nekuri held the prism near her heart.
 
“I can't fight anymore,” Jiname began.
 
Everybody was shocked.
 
“What do you mean?” Yukari asked. She frowned. “Is it this Daigo?” She stared at him.
 
“I want my life to be peaceful.”
 
“Jiname… Jiname… Jiname… have you totally forgotten who you are?” said Yukari. “Does your boyfriend here know? That you're not even a person at all. You're just a shadow of my dear sister. Remember… she made you to seek revenge not to live a peaceful life!”
 
Jiname didn't know what to say for it was true.
 
“She's not what you say she is…” Daigo spoke up, standing by Jiname.
 
“Daigo please just go…” Jiname pleaded.
 
Yukari laughed wickedly, “Natsu's shadow learning to love and care. I was a fool to expect something from you. You're just a desperate attempt for vengeance.”
 
“You have no right - “
 
“No right. Mister, she's my sister's property so I believe. I have all the right to end this in her absence,” Yukari interrupted Daigo.
 
 
Is this some kind of soap opera?” Hirosa was back.
 
“Sorta,” Ajine murmured.
 
“Do you have the prism?” Hirosa whispered.
 
“With Nekuri…” was the answer.
 
“Enough!” Yukari was getting ready to chant when a small red fire came and missed her by an inch.
 
“I won't let you hurt him.” Jiname stood in front of Daigo.
 
“Jiname…” he said.
 
“Thank you for giving me a chance to live a new life.” She glanced at him with a smile.
 
“You traitor!” Yukari declared.
 
“We have to save them,” Ajine suddenly spoke.
 
“Why?” Denra asked back.
 
“Because they need to be saved,” Hirosa replied.
 
Nekuri looked as if she was trying to keep her calm.
 
 
The - “Hirosa suddenly appeared and pounced at Yukari not letting her chant. “You all want to die!” Yukari presumed.
 
Ajine and Hirosa now shielded the two.
 
“We'll protect them. You're outnumbered now…” said Ajine.
 
“Not at all…” Yukari was more confident than ever. “Jiname… I'll give you one last chance are you with me or against me?” Yukari asked.
 
Jiname shook her head, “I never chose to serve you… I was born to serve you.”
 
Yukari's rage grew even more but someone else finished the job.
 
“Traitor…” Nekuri shouted out before she let a white spirit ball hit Jiname accurately.
 
Hirosa and Ajine were dumbstruck.
 
“Trai-Traitor?” Denra echoed in horror.
 
Yukari's laughter was once again heard. “That's my cue…” She made a ray of light shoot up into the sky.
 
Enjin arrived riding on the magnificent spirit, Aracles…
 
 
Everybody was frozen to his or her places. They couldn't comprehend the surprising turn of events. Next thing they knew Nekuri was with Enjin and Yukari about to leave.
 
“See you all in Suraita.” Yukari blew them a kiss.
 
Nekuri just looked at them as they flew away…
 
“What happened?” Gekuren wondered. He just arrived with Mizumeko.
 
Jiname was dying and Daigo held her in his arms…
 
“Mizumeko you have to heal her,” Ajine told him. She was very distressed.
 
Mizumeko slowly shook his head, “It can't be done when she's not even human…”
 
“Daigo… thank you. I'm sorry I got you into this…” she choked out, eyes closed…
 
“Don't speak anymore. Everything will be alright soon…” Tears rolled from his eyes.
 
“Don't lie to yourself… I know it's my time… I love you.” And that was it. She faded away and vanished as if she were never there.
 
“Daigo - “
 
“No it's not your fault,” he cut Hirosa off. “It's just how things happen. I saw your faces. You were shocked as well. Don't worry about me. I'll be fine…” He walked away without looking back.
 
 
Hirosa and Ajine cried together not only because of Jiname's fate but theirs as well.
 
“Where's Nekuri? Where's the prism?” Gekuren wanted to know for he was completely unaware…
 
Denra still couldn't understand how this could have happened. It didn't make sense at all…
 
“She's gone, isn't she… with the prism… with Yukari and her Swordian Knight…” Mizumeko spoke.
 
Ajine looked at him. There was something in his eyes.
 
“How did you know?” Hirosa wondered.
 
Mizumeko smiled, “I know a lot of things most of you don't know…” he replied. “Come… this is no place to behold the truth.” He bid them to go.
 
“Behold the truth?” Gekuren repeated, following him.
 
 
You saw this coming, didn't you?” Denra blurted out.
 
They were in a new room in a new hotel. They gathered around the small coffee table.
 
“Yes… I did…” Mizumeko didn't even hesitate to answer.
 
“But none of us did…” Gekuren spoke.
 
“Well… I tried to give you all hints but all of you were too blinded to see the reality,” Mizumeko answered. “It's not true that I'm the only one who knew something was wrong…”
 
“What are you getting at?” Hirosa asked.
 
“Ajine had visions about Nekuri's situation but she refused to believe them…”
 
Ajine was horrified. She never ever told anyone about those visions. How could he have known? “Who are you??” Ajine suddenly felt afraid.
 
Mizumeko smiled that smile again… “That trivial question… I am Seitsuko the 5th and last warrior of the Sacred Pentacle as you all love and know.” Mizumeko paused and bright white light filled the room… “And my real name is Zento-sama…” They all heard…
 
 
When they all opened their eyes, there he stood that beautiful god of silver hair and hazel eyes…
 
“Oh my god…” Denra reacted as her jaw dropped open.
 
Hirosa swallowed hard, “Are you sure this isn't an illusion…” she squealed.
 
It seemed so unreal being in the same room with a real life god but you could easily see that he wasn't human. He carried with him a glow that seemed to make his surrounding bright but the glow confided in him made his skin glisten.
 
He smiled again.
 
Ajine tried to steady herself by holding on the tall lamp beside her. Even just looking at him was overwhelming… No wonder Nekuri loved him so much… Seeing him everyday and talking to him would be too much.
 
“You mean to say all this time… all these years… our 5th warrior was actually a god,” Gekuren spoke. He seemed to be the only one unaffected or at least handling this well.
 
“Yes,” he answered simply.
 
“You mean we were never really gonna lose because we have a god on our side…” Denra wanted to make this clear.
 
“Never.”
 
“Then you should have told us in the first place,” Hirosa blurted out.
 
“Some things aren't meant to be said.”
 
“Why now?” asked Ajine
 
“As you've witnessed, Naminori has turned a new leaf - “
 
Gekuren suddenly interrupted, “Does she know about this?”
 
Zento-sama gave a little laugh, “Of course not… It's the first time I've confessed that I am no mere sorcerer.”
 
“How could you do this to her? No wonder you broke her heart…” Hirosa thought this person was impossible.
 
“You have no right to judge. Don't forget who I am…” he spoke but his tone without anger.
 
Hirosa bit her lip.
 
“It makes sense now. Why Mizumeko was tremendously powerful,” Ajine mentioned.
 
“Exactly. I usually try to minimize performing powerful spells but as people say `Desperate times call for desperate measures'…” he even quoted.
 
“Please continue…” Denra was polite. She could not take her eyes off him.
 
“Somehow… Nekuri has decided to serve the enemy Aku-rei…” said Zento-sama.
 
“But why?” Ajine wondered.
 
He sighed, “Even I don't know…” Zento-sama admitted.
 
“But you're god…” Gekuren couldn't believe it.
 
“Not THE god… a god… let me put it this way. There are four ranks in the hierarchy of gods. The lowest rank is the lesser gods. They're usually gods of mountains, islands, forests, seas, etc… They are known also as the Natural Creatures or Spirits…” He glanced at Gekuren.
 
“Swordian Spirits…” Gekuren understood.
 
“Yes… and the next rank are those gods who rule a certain substance or matter like the Greek gods… Ares, Artemis and Apollo… those individuals. The next rank is where I belong. We control almost everything except time and fate. The highest and last rank where only one being belongs to. He is the one who knows all and controls all. The one called in many names but only means one entity…” he finished his lecture.
 
“What do we do now?” Denra wondered. “How do we defeat them and get Nekuri back?”
 
“For one thing, we won't be able to beat Aku-rei without Midori's strength…” Zento-sama said.
 
“But Midori isn't currently present,” Hirosa pointed out.
 
“We just need to combine her two halves,” Zento-sama replied.
 
“It's not as easy as it sounds. You're talking about two completely different people,” said Denra.
 
He shook his head, “You're not different Denra. You're both very much the same with only minor differences…” he disagreed.
 
“How do we do this combining?” Ajine inquired.
 
“Sheer will of the two of you. You just need to go towards each other and if things go well… we get instant Midori with full battle gear…” was Zento-sama's reply.
 
“And what if things don't go well and Midori doesn't appear?” asked Denra.
 
Zento-sama gave her a meaningful glance. His face then started to look grave and scary… “All hell shall break lose…” He laughed wickedly.
 
All of them grew frightened.
 
He was so convincing… then he started laughing, happy laughter. “It's always fun to watch human emotions change…” he said with glee. He almost seemed human when he laughs…
 
The four huddled with each other… “It makes perfect sense that he is Mizumeko. He enjoyed the train incident too,” Hirosa pointed out.
 
They all nodded in agreement.
 
“Ahem… ahem…” Zento-sama coughed for he was being outcaste.
 
“So let's do it!” Hirosa said happily.
 
“You're not a part of Midori, remember?” Gekuren reminded her.
 
“Oh yeah…” Hirosa realized…
 
 
Ajine and Denra stood a few feet away from each other as they prepared to come together and somehow become one or be Midori.
 
“Any special instructions?” Ajine wasn't quite sure.
 
“Will yourself to be reunited to your other half and before you know it… instant Midori.” Zento-sama answered.
 
“I don't think this will work,” Denra spoke her mind.
 
“Shh…” he shushed. “Just concentrate and let yourself come together.”
 
Denra rolled her eyes and looked at Ajine who had her eyes closed.
 
Ajine was talking to herself as she slowly advanced towards Denra, “Okay… Ajine… concentrate be Midori… Midori… Midori…”
 
Denra sighed and walked to her also but she thought this was a stupid idea. How could it work with just will? It was impossible…
 
Ajine still had her eyes closed and was now walking all over the place.
 
Denra stopped and decided wait for Ajine to reach her.
 
Hirosa and Gekuren were both helping her to go to the right direction but she kept going the wrong way…
 
Denra laughed out loud. She couldn't believe how dumb Ajine is…
 
Zento-sama gave Denra an imploring glance and she stopped laughing…
 
Hirosa and Gekuren finally grabbed Ajine and put her before Denra and then she opened her eyes.
 
They both stared at each other. Ajine had yellow light glowing from her while Denra had a pinkish red light. The lights grew too bright and filled the whole room.
 
When they opened their eyes. They instantly saw them both… still Denra and Ajine.
 
“What went wrong?” Ajine looked at Zento-sama.
 
Denra stared at the floor.
 
Zento-sama knew very well but he decided not to say anything.
 
“I thought that's all they need to do? … How come Midori still isn't here?” Hirosa was confused.
 
No reply.
 
“But… how? …” Gekuren's voice trailed off.
 
Is all hope now gone?
 
“I told you it won't work,” Denra said as she went out of the room.
 
“Denra…” Ajine called but Denra ignored her.
 
 
What will you all do without me?” Mizumeko wailed.
 
“How come you're a kid right now?” Gekuren wondered.
 
“I prefer this form when I'm here. I know how overwhelming I look. I've seen my own reflection.” Mizumeko was very sure about what he was saying. (⌂)
 
“But… I can't help you Gekuren. Unlike the others you want me to force your Swordian Spirit to reveal itself to you fully like that of a Swordian Knight Yukari is with…” Mizumeko admitted.
 
“Why not?” Gekuren didn't know. I need to defeat that Swordian Knight and it would be impossible without my awakened spirit…
 
“That's right,” Mizumeko suddenly spoke. “He would cream you if you decide to battle him. That's unless you'd be able to learn so quickly how to call upon your Swordian Spirit.”
 
“You read my mind?!” Gekuren wasn't quite sure.
 
“Oh but of course,” Mizumeko said simply.
 
“Why can't you help?” he asked again.
 
“Don't you remember? Swordian Spirits are gods… and I'm a god too-“
 
“A higher god even.”
 
“Yes but it doesn't make much difference. You see the only way your Swordian Spirit would obey me is if I battle him and obviously defeat him - “
 
“You mean you can't defeat his Swordian Spirit.” Hirosa came into the scene.
 
“No… no… of course I can defeat it - “
 
“Then why - “
 
“If both of you stopped interrupting me you'd both probably learn why!!” Mizumeko's voice thundered.
 
Gekuren and Hirosa both shut their mouths.
 
Mizumeko took a deep breath; “Gods aren't allowed to battle other gods unless you want to lose your immortality and soon wither away.” was the awaited explanation.
 
“If you ask me I think Gekuren has a better chance of conquering his own Swordian Spirit without help…” Hirosa spoke.
 
“Exactly… After all you've been able to morph your sword through the years… the one with Yukari has a very powerful sword. It takes more than a single human lifetime to attain a sword that has reached that level of power,” Mizumeko told them.
 
“What're you saying? That he isn't human?” Gekuren wondered, picturing the Swordian Knight he saw having vampire teeth, hairy face, and body…
 
“No… not at all. Some Swordian swords are passed on from generation to generation,” Mizumeko answered…
 
“Where has everyone else gone?” asked Gekuren, suddenly.
 
“Ajine wanted to be alone. She said she'd be in the patio on the second floor,” Hirosa answered.
 
 
Denra sat on one of the tables of the hotel diner with a single glass of iced tea. The diner wasn't crowded. There were just simple white tables scattered around. She remembered the restaurant they owned back at Anruto, where Gekuren used to work. Where she met him for the first time. This generation anyway… It was a great moment; Denra was sitting on one of the tables of their restaurant with a single glass of iced tea on top of the table like today.
 
Denra was asked to look after the restaurant since her parents still haven't found a new manager then. It was one of those boring days when she wished she were somewhere else. Then she heard someone gasp behind her. She frowned and thought it was one of her irritating admirers…
 
“Mido-Midori?” an unfamiliar voice asked her. And when she looked behind her, there he was her soul mate. “Ruen…” Denra had declared and she practically threw herself to him.
 
After all it has been 15 years since they last saw each other…
 
But that had been the only time that they became entirely happy… Somehow the next day they started arguing about little things and from then on their relationship has been doomed…
 
Denra stood up and left.
 
 
Mizumeko… What happened to `you' and Nekuri anyway?” Hirosa blurted out.
 
The two were now alone at the room.
 
But he just stared at her blankly and then resumed playing with his laptop computer.
 
Hirosa then got annoyed and snatched the laptop away. “Tell me. After all next time I won't be with you guys any longer. My soul ain't immortal like most of you.” She sat down.
 
“Too much is just as bad as too little…” was all Mizumeko said as he crossed his arms.
 
“Did `you' really love her?” came the inevitable.
 
He suddenly laughed, “Do you love your brother?”
 
“Huh!”
 
“Hey did any of you see Gekuren?” asked Denra while she stood by the open door.
 
“I think he went to the patio - “
 
“Thank you.” The door banged shut.
 
“ - To Ajine…” Mizumeko finished.
 
“You shouldn't have done that,” Hirosa mentioned.
 
 
Do you think it's me?” Ajine faced him.
 
He shook his head, “You shouldn't blame yourself. Mizumeko will do something. I know he will… for you and Denra at least…” Gekuren sighed.
 
“What do you mean?”
 
“Well, do ya remember that guy with Yukari…”
 
“That Swordian Knight with a big weird-looking glowing weapon and that monstrous Peking duck that they used as transportation.” She remembered with a few flaws… (⌂)
 
“That big weird-looking glowing weapon is his evolved sword and that `Peking Duck' isn't a duck but a spirit in the form of a bird,” Gekuren corrected.
 
“Okay…” She blushed.
 
“I can't defeat him without my own spirit.” he admitted.
 
Ajine looked at him with compassion.
 
“Everything will be alright… you just need to - “
 
“That's what I did but he said he can't do anything to help me,” he stammered. His fist hit the concrete crossbar… smashing it instantly… “Oops…”
It's alright to hit things when you're emotional…” said Ajine gently.
“Even if they're not yours?” Gekuren asked.
 
“Even if they're not yours…” She smiled warmly. “Especially when you don't get caught,” she added making him smile.
 
They just stared at each other.
 
“May I kiss you?” he suddenly asked.
 
She was surprised… “You need not ask…”
 
They shared a romantic kiss under the romantic night sky.
 
 
Ge - “Denra instantly froze.
 
Ajine and Gekuren were in each other's arms sharing a kiss.
 
Her world shattered into pieces. “I-I'm sorry…” Denra tried to hold back the tears. She ran as fast as she could… away from this cursed place where the man she loved betrayed her.
 
“Denra!” Ajine called as she tried to run after her but a hand clutched her arm.
 
Gekuren shook his head. “Let her go…”
 
“You don't understand…” Ajine tried to free herself.
 
“I know her. It's better to give her some time alone,” he refused.
 
“No… Gekuren you don't… I understand her… I know the pain she feels now and there's no way she could endure that alone…” She went after Denra leaving Gekuren.
 
 
Here!” Nekuri arrived instantly tossed the prism to Aku-rei who used his power to suspend it above his palm…
 
“Impressive Naminori…” he said without taking his all black eyes off the prism.
 
Yukari was walking away from the group. “Where are you going?” Enjin asked.
 
“To my loving sister…” Yukari answered simply.
 
“She's dying?” said Enjin.
 
“Yep…” Yukari left.
 
 
Yukari found her by herself in one of the many rooms in Nekuri's big mansion, supporting herself by holding on the sturdy chair and her right hand pressing on her chest.
 
She was heaving.
 
“Natsu…” Yukari greeted with a casual wave.
 
“Yukari… Thank the gods you've come. Now save me, I am dying…”
 
“Slow down…”
 
“But - “
 
Yukari covered Natsu's mouth to cease her blabbering… “I'm sorry dear sister… but I won't be able to save you…”
 
“What? You mean you knew all along?” Natsu couldn't believe it.
 
“About what?”
 
“Fuyu - “
 
“Oh… the dead guy,” Yukari interrupted.
 
“Give the guy respect he's dead…”
 
Yukari smiled, “I knew it. He flirted with you too.”
 
“I remember he told me he liked you. We even made a bet. I guess he wins but he's dead!” She giggled.
 
“But… I… You… you said you loved him…” Natsu pointed out.
 
Yukari frowned. “That was so ten months ago and we were just fooling. Don't tell me you took him seriously…” Yukari patted Natsu's head. “Poor lil sis too bad you've still got a lot to learn about love anyway Fuyu was a boy and I need a man!”
 
“That knight…”
 
“Precisely… In fact I think I loved him - and he loves me - for real… and - “
 
“Aaah…” Natsu screamed of pain. “Yukari… save me.” She kneeled before her and held onto Yukari's hand. The pain was getting even more unbearable. It felt as if she were being eaten alive.
 
Yukari shook her head. “I can't do anything and to think I even gave you a chance to prove yourself. When you made a shadow, I was gladdened that she didn't die easily. She was given two opportunities, two dearest, but she somehow learned to love. Now I know why because when you created her you were feeling anger yet not ire for your defeat but the anger to the loss of a loved one. I'm sorry. I can't speed up your death. You'll need to die slowly… farewell…” Yukari gave her one last look and left…
 
“YUKAAARRIII!!” But resistance was futile.