Fan Fiction ❯ Seeds of Doubt ❯ Personal Battle ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Warnings for this chapter: Character death Robin is a little ooc. I'm also sorry for any other characters that might be ooc. I am also sorry for any grammar or Spelling mistakes. I am not sure, the rating might go up….

Disclaimer: no I do not own the Teen Titans or

Justice League.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Flash kicked his legs up having nothing to do. "It's

boring!" he said out loud.

"You should be glad. It means that nothing bad is happening." replied Superman. Flash stuck his tongue out at the man of steels back. He looked around, Wonder Woman was reading a book in the corner. Green

Lantern and Hawkgirl were arguing... again. Superman and the Martian Man Hunter were at the computer and Batm... wait where was Batman?

"Hey anyone know where the Bat is?" asked Flash

"The Joker escaped." replied the Martian Man Hunter.

"The Joker? That guy who looks like a clown? He doesn't seem very dangerous."

"Then you don't know the Joker." replied a dark voice from the door. Batman was standing there.

"Hey Batman! How long have you been here?" asked Flash. Batman walked past him without saying anything. "Jeeze touchy!"

"How did it go?" asked Superman.

"He got away."

"Then what are you doing back here?" Hawkgirl asked. The Dark Knight typed a few buttons and the computer showed the scene at Arkham asylum. The Justice League gasped. The cell that the Joker was in was completely....

"Gone." said Batman. "Not a trace. Nothing to say it was blown up or taken out. It disappeared."

"What could have done this?" asked Wonder Women. Just then the alarms went off and a picture of the king of another planet came on the screen.

"Justice League! We are in need of your help we are under attack ... out ...nu ...bered...." The connection broke up.

"Batman. Can you and Flash take care of the break out here? The rest of us will go help King Synne." Flash appeared Behind Batman putting his hand on the

crusader's shoulder.

"You bet Supe!" Batman moved away from Flash causing him to fall flat on his face. Superman nodded and left with the rest of the Justice League.

As Soon as he was gone Batman turned around and said,

"Stay here." Flash became furious.

"Stay here! You got to be kidding I've been bored for ages!" he turned around only to see that Batman was gone. In another second so was he.

* * *

"Titans go!" yelled Robin. The Teen Titans began to attack their arch nemesis' androids, but the leader was preoccupied. Moments ago Robin saw the case surrounding the valuable piece of equipment disappear. Gone without a trace. One of Slade's androids had done it with a strange weapon. It had dematerialized itself and the weapon a second after.

'He did it to show me the weapon' thought Robin. 'None of the other Titans saw it.' He came back to reality by getting punched in the face by an android.

'What are you planning Slade? What do you want?' Robin remembered the last time they had found out his ultimate goal.

"For the longest time I've been searching for an apprentice and Robin, I've chosen you." Robin shivered momentarily from the memory of having to work for his most hated enemy. Becoming enraged of his own weakness and what had happened to his friends he began to destroy all the androids in his way.

'I won't let anyone else get hurt.' he thought. 'Not like that one time....' He shook his head to get the memory out of his mind.

The other Titans stopped fighting as soon as the realized that their leader had gone on a rampage.

"He always acts this way whenever we deal with Slade." said Cyborg.

"Can you blame him?" asked Raven. They all ducked as an android flew at their heads.

"Uh, I never said this, but does anyone else agree that whenever we seem to be looking for Slade he acts just like him?" said Beast Boy. Everyone nodded.

* * *

Back at the Titan Tower......

Robin slammed his fist against his bed post. "Why? Why can't I found you?!" he yelled at no one. "You've done so much damage...." The boy wonder slid down the side of his bed as the memory of a girls face reeked in pain came back to his mind. His mind wonder back to that day.....

* ) *

It was a normal day for Teen Titans. Beast Boy and Cyborg were playing video games. Starfire was trying to cook. Raven was meditating and Robin was trying to figure out why Slade hadn't attacked for a while.

"Any luck yet Robin?" asked Starfire handing him a bowl of pudding she had made.

"Nope, nothing." replied Robin taking a bite of the pudding before realizing what it was. Luckily the alarm rang so Starfire didn't see his face build up

with disgust before spitting it out.

Their computer screen blipped showing them the picture of the person who was causing all the trouble.

"No way!" said Beast Boy. The screen showed the person they had least expected. "Terra?" Robin's eyes narrowed when he saw the rock girl's uniform.

"She's working for Slade." All the Titans turned to their leader.

"What should we do?" asked Beast Boy. Robin realized that his green friend wouldn't want to fight the person that he loved, but they really didn't have a choice. He turned to Cyborg.

"Try to find a reason why Terra is working for Slade. The rest of us are going down town. Titans go!"

* * *

Beast Boy slammed against the wall as a rock piece hit him. "Okay... that hurt." Robin jumped up and tried to kick Terra in the stomach, but missed. A

laugh that didn't seem right for the young girl hit their ears.

"Nice try Titans, but you'll have to try harder then that if you want to beat me." The ground lifted up throwing Robin into the air. The communicator signaled. Everyone flipped on their own communicaters. Cyborg's picture appeared on the screen.

"You have anything yet?" asked Robin. (Who was upside down.)

"Yeah, but you're not going to like it." he took a deep breath. "Slade's brain controlling Terra through nano-technology. It only works on people with weak minds though. You can cut of the effect if it's only been a day."

"So?" asked Beast Boy.

"It's been more than a day. The only way to stop her now would be to... well... to kill her."

NO!" yelled BB

"Isn't there another way?" asked Robin. Cyborg shook his head. "All right then." He turned of his communicator before bringing out his pole.

His eyes set, he ran at his former friend and titan. He heard rocks zoom at him in all directions. Dodging them he jumped up so that he was level with Terra. He mouthed an "I'm sorry." before driving the pole through the younger girls stomach. She gasped as her face filled with pain.

As the brain control disappeared she smiled and mouthed "Thank you." Robin retracted his pole and caught Terra before she hit the ground.

"Terra!" yelled Beast Boy Coming up and taking her from Robin.

"Dear friend." whispered Starfire as she fell to her knees weeping.

"I'm sorry." Said Robin who was shaking.

"It was the only thing you could do." replied Raven from behind him.

"Take her back to the tower. I'll clear everything up with the police." said Robin. Raven nodded. "Azerath Metrion Zinthos!" she chanted rapping Terra in a

blanket of black and carried her off with Beast Boy and Starfire behind.

After the other titans were gone Robin heard someone clapping.

"Very impressive Robin." the person said.

"Slade." spat Robin. Slade stepped out from behind the shadows.

"Ruthless and uncaring. So much like me."

Robin clenched his fists. "I am nothing like you!" he said through clenched teeth. "I did it to save her from you!"

"On the contrary Robin, your very much me. I just have to get rid of certain.... things that hold you back." Robin ran up and pulled "Slade's" mask off.

The real Slade appeared on the screen that was behind the mask.

"Robin, when will you ever learn patience?"

"I'll find you and when I do, you'll be dead!"

"Why Robin, is that a threat?" Robin smashed the screen. Then sunk to his knees. `Oh god what's happening to me?'

* ( *

The Titan Leader rammed his fist on the wall that was next to him. A devise shaped like a bat fell on his head. "Ow!" he yelled holding the bump that it had

left. He picked up the bat-communicator.

'I forgot I still had this.' he thought. 'Maybe I should.... no.' He shook his head. 'No I don't need his help I can do this on my own, but just in case.'

He pocketed it.

* * *

Batman sat on the roof his cape blowing in the wind as he watched the Joker's men rob a jewelry store. Standing up he shot out a grappling hook that caught on to a gargoyle. He jumped.

* * *

"Let's get these to the boss before the Bat gets here." said one of the thugs. That's when the lights went out. All of the thugs whipped out their guns. As

time passed their group became less and less until only one of the thugs remained.

"Guys?" he called to his companions. He began to step backwards, but he ran into something. Looking up the lightning flashed and he saw the face of Gotham's protector.

Batman grabbed the thugs shirt and lifted him up. "Where is Joker?" he asked.

"Oh I don't know maybe in Arkham?" He got rammed against the wall.

"Not good enough." said the dark knight. The thug began to sweat.

"He... he said for us to meat him in the old warehouse close by Wayne Manner!" Batman knocked the thug out.

"Thanks" He walked outside, but stopped when he saw Flash leaning against the bat-mobile. "Why are you here?"

"Superman paired me up with you remember?"

"I don't follow his orders." was Batman's reply. Flash didn't move. Batman sighed. 'I'm going to regret this.' he thought. "You can tag along." The bat-mobile's top opened the Bat and Flash both jumped in.

"Couldn't you run faster then this?" asked Batman.

"Yeah, but your car is way cool." replied Flash.

There was a long silence as they drove in which Flash became very uncomfortable.

"So where are we going?"

"A warehouse." The car stopped in front of the old abandoned warehouse as soon as he had said that.

As soon as they walked into the place Flash got a creepy feeling. "Oh well no one here lets go!" he began to walk off, but a bat-a-rang flew past his head hitting the wall opposite of him and blowing up. A small jack-in-the-box fell out of the wall.

Batman picked it up and began to turn the handle. When the jack popped out it began to laugh maniacally and chanted, "Missed me, missed me, now you have to go kablooey!" The Joker's laugh became louder before Batman threw the jack-in-the-box away from any harm and it blew up.

"If I ever say that that guy isn't dangerous again. Please punch me." said Flash.

Batman put his green glasses that allowed him to see things that normally wouldn't catch his attention on. Looking around the room he found a brown piece of cloth. 'Not colorful enough to belong to the Joker.' he thought.

"Where to now?" asked Flash.

Batman pocketed the cloth before replying, "The Bat-Cave."

* * *

Flash folded his arms. "I don't see why I have to be blind folded!" he complained.

Batman said nothing. In fact he wasn't even listening. The piece of cloth he found was on his mind. It looked familiar to him. 'And if it's who I think it is. Then the Joker wasn't the only insane villain who escaped Arkham.'

"You can take off the blind fold now." He told Flash. Flash lifted the blindfold away only to see that the were heading straight for a stone wall!

"What are you crazy?" he yelled before they passed right through it.

"Some people think so…" replied the Bat. Flash looked behind them and watched as the "wall" faded into the distance. 'I wonder why?' Flash asked sarcastically in his mind.

Soon they came to a place where he couldn't see anything and slowed down. Batman hopped out of the car, but before Flash could he said,

"I wouldn't take any step once you get out of the car." Flash just shrugged and got out he began to walk forward when the lights came on. He almost stepped of the strip of land they were on.

A door slid open to allow the two men to travel further into the bat-cave.

"How was your trip sir?" asked the butler in the corner.

"Could have gone better Alfred." The Bat replied. Flash stared at the computer that was in the cave it was bigger then the one the Batman had built for the Justice League Watch Tower.

"Will you be needing anything sir?"

"No thank you Alfred." Batman turned toward the computer. He placed the piece of cloth on the scanner. "Computer scan piece of cloth for owner."

'Scanning.' replied the computer. 'Scan complete. Owner of fabric.... Scarecrow.'

"Scarecrow?" asked Flash confused. Batman sighed.

"Computer. File on the Scarecrow."

'Searching. File found.' Flash began to read the file. Scarecrow. Real name: Dr. Jonathan Crane. Specializes in phobias and fear. Taught at Gotham

State University before becoming fired because of experiments on his students. Inventor of the Fear Toxin.

"Fear toxin?"

"You don't want to know." Was all that Batman said. "If the Scarecrow also escaped from Arkham then it was done with less of a... `bang'." Somebody didn't want us to know that he was gone." Batman walked over to the computer pushed a few buttons and the pictures of both the Scarecrow and Joker came up on the screen.

* * *

Robin tossed uneasily in his bed. Not really sure why he even bothered trying to go to sleep anymore. He was an insomniac. He looked up at the dark ceiling of his room. The day's events were going through his mind.

If Slade had the power to get rid of molecules…the madman could do anything he wanted. Breaking into buildings made Robin fidget, but what really scarred him was the thought of, what if he could make humans disappear?

He didn't want to think about it. He didn't want to think of his nemesis, but that was impossible Slade always seemed to make his way into his mind. Even in the few hours he actually managed to fall asleep.

Throwing the covers off himself he went over to the table and turned the one lamp that hung from the ceiling. Broken bird-a-rangs and android pieces lade on the table. Robin's eyes moved over to the newspaper clippings of Slade and then over to his mask.

Robin growled momentarily before sitting down in a chair. What was Slade's plan? Has it something to do with his obsession in making Robin his apprentice?

Sighing he got up again. Deciding to go to the training room.

* * *

The punching bag was ripped at Robin's assault of punches and kicks. `Maybe I shouldn't have imagined it was Slade.' Thought Robin as he put up a new bag. He turned towards it and went to punch it, but missed it entirely.

If someone had seen that they would have thought that Robin had accidentally missed the bag. When in fact Robin had spotted a small camera on the wall.

Pulling his fist away from the now shattered piece of equipment Robin continued to punch the punching bag.

* * *

Slade chuckled slightly as one of his cameras went out. The perfect apprentice indeed.

`Robin, the seed of doubt that I planted in your mind when you were my apprentice began to grow when Terra betrayed you. When you killed her, you watered it and know it's consuming you. ` Slade smiled under his mask.

* * *

Amora.: Was that to long? I'm not really sure. Anyway please review. Flames that are intelligent are welcome! However, Flames that are here for just flaming aren't. Thank you.