Fan Fiction ❯ Seeds of Doubt ❯ The Message, Simply Wonderful ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Amora: HI! Me again warnings in this chapter are: Yaoi. The first part isn't done very well `cause I wasn't sure how to do it ^_^;;; Batman isn't in this chapter as much, but he will be in the next.

Disclaimer: I DO NOT! DO NOT! Own Teen Titans or Justice League.

$ $ $

Batman landed on the rooftop of the building. Police helicopters and cars surrounded the it. The Joker was in the building with a bunch of hostages. With him was the Scarecrow.

Flash was down by the police trying to get more information. The bat-communicator cracked. "Hey, there are thirty two hostages in there." Batman tied a grappling hook to a pole and zipped down to the tenth story.

"Think you can handle keeping them preoccupied?" Batman asked as he quietly began to open the window.

Flash smiled. "No prob!" Commissioner Gordon watched as Flash disappeared into the building.

"Commissioner! You aren't going to let these vigilantes handle things are you?" asked detective Bullock.

"Of course I am!" Commissioner Gordon replied irritated. "Right now they're the only ones who can do anything." Bullock just grumbled and sat down on a police car's hood.

$ $ $

The Joker laughed insanely as he threw a pie in Flash's face. `This is not going well.' Thought Flash irritated. He had ran into the room when a pie had hit his face.

"Naughty, naughty. You shouldn't sneak up on people!" Joker said. Scarecrow laughed also, but did something a little more threatening then throwing a pie. The gun in his hand (which was full of fear gas) had been pressed against a very small girls neck.

"What exactly do you guys want?" asked Flash.

"We don't want anything." Scarecrow answered. "We are just here to deliver a message to the Batman." He spat out message with venom in his voice.

Batman, meanwhile, had slipped into the room unnoticed. He was behind the Joker when the clown whipped around and hit Batman with an electric hand shaker.

Joker laughed. "Nice try Bats, but we've known each other too long for you to sneak up on me." Batman groaned, but stood up. "Oh, right the message!" Joker said snapping his fingers. "Here ya' go." He handed Batman a piece of paper that was wrapped around... a bomb.

"HAHAHAHA! See ya' later Bats!" Joker and Scarecrow both jumped out the window and shot of with jet shoes.

The hostages began to panic as Flash quickly grabbed the bomb out of Batman's hand and threw it out the window. A great bang shattered the window as Batman jumped in front of the children hostages.

Glass shards flew everywhere cutting Flash on his cheek. When the rain of shards disappeared Batman stood up and opened the piece of paper.

Keep your eyes open

For the hunter has found the bird.

~S

Batman frowned. S? Who could S be?

$ $ $

As soon as all the hostages were out of the building Batman handed Flash the note.

"S? Whose S?" asked Flash. "And what is the note supposed to mean? `The hunter has found the bird?"'" Batman grabbed the note from Flash and began to walk away. "Aren't you going to tell me!" Flash complained.

"No."

$$$$$$

Robin poured himself a bowl of Cheerios as Cyborg came into the Kitchen.

"Man, it's six am! Don't ever get any sleep?" Robin just smiled at the half robot before sitting down. Cyborg yawned and took out lucky charms. "So what do you want to do today?"

"Well, I was thinking we could train in the morning so that we have more time in the afternoon." Robin replied not looking up from the article he was reading. "And that's if Beast Boy gets up before noon."

Cyborg laughed. "Yeah really, whatcha reading?"

"Just checking on the home town." The newspaper was in fact Gotham Insider.

Hostage crisis.

Last night two insane madmen took 32 hostages. The men in name are The Joker and Scarecrow. All though Batman and the Flash saved all the hostages, the two criminals are still at large. Commissioner Gordon had this to say:

"I want to give my thanks to the Flash and our Batman for their help last night. However, since the Scarecrow and Joker are still at large I warn the public to be very careful."

We interviewed an expert on super villains

Continued on page four

"So how is the home town?"

"Same old same old." Robin replied smiling. `Way too many super villains.'

Surprisingly Beat Boy came in at that moment. "G'mornin" he said barley audible. He sat down and put his head on the table.

"Beast Boy… what are you doing up so early?" asked Robin.

"mghfkah" answered Beast Boy.

"Look a zombie!" Cyborg said suddenly. Beast Boy shot up.

"Ak, where?" Cyborg laughed. "Hey that wasn't funny!"

"What was not funny, friend Beast Boy?" asked a girl's voice from the doorway.

"Oh. Nothing Star…" said Beast Boy. The red haired alien girl smiled and floated over to where the boys were.

"Shall, we partake of the food that is in milk?" she asked.

"It's cereal Starfire." Robin said cracking a smile.

Starfire blushed. "Oh yes, Cereal. I can never remember that…" Raven came in at that moment. She said nothing, but sat down next to Beast Boy who went red and put his head down.

Robin smirked. `Sometimes being trained by the greatest detective in the world is a great thing.'

$ $ $

Robin dashed across the rooftops. They had just finished stopping a robbery and while the rest of his teammates were heading back to the tower he would just take a longer root. "Since I won't be able to get any sleep anyway." Robin growled to no one.

"Oh, and why is that?" asked `no one'. Robin jumped and looked around him. He could've sworn he just heard…

"Slade?" he asked unsure.

"Robin." Slade's voice purred. Robin felt his hands reach for his communicator to contact his teammates, but then he stopped. Why bother them? This was his fight after all.

"Where are you?" Robin asked looking around. The rooftop was very dark, so it was hard to see anything. Robin began to circle the rooftop.

"Now why, would the titan leader, be out here, all by himself….?" Robin shivered. He hated that voice with a passion. That voice filled with an unreal caring with… want?

"I don't think that is any of your business." Robin stated firmly.

"Oh, but it is my business… after all I wouldn't want my apprentice getting hurt." Robin growled.

"I am not your apprentice!"

"Really?" said the voice right behind him. Before Robin could turn a round Slade's hands had grabbed his arms right below the sleeves. Robin gasped and started to struggle.

Slade's hands tightened as he leaned forward to purr in his ear. "You have, are, and always will be mine Robin. After all we are so very much… alike."

"No, I'm not like you…" Robin said, but it sounded more like he was trying to convince himself. Slade chuckled as Robin's attempts to get out of his grip lessened considerably.

"Robin, Robin, Robin… " Slade purred as his leg pushed in-between Robin's. Robin let out a horrified gasp and his struggling continued. Slade's grip tightened even more making Robin wince. "You still haven't answered my question… why won't you be able to sleep." Slade tongue seemed to wrap around the word `sleep'.

Robin answered by kicking Slade in the stomach. Slade let go of the boy wonders arms. He chuckled. Before sending his kick at Robin.

Each one dodged and threw punches being equal until Slade was backed up against the edge of the rooftop. Robin smirked and sent a punch at Slade's face, but Slade grabbed his hand and twisted it. Robin yelled as Slade flipped him over so that he was dangling above the street.

Slade's one eye narrowed slightly as he half let Robin slip. The titan leader gave a small yelp. The masked criminal grabbed Robin's other arm and brought it up so he was holding both them in one hand.

He turned Robin to face him as his hand began to trace where he had first grabbed him. Bruises had started to form.

"So fragile… " Slade seemed to whisper to himself. He chuckled and threw the titan back onto the roof as Robin flipped around to face Slade again he realized that the masked criminal had already gone.

$ $ $

Robin slipped into the T Tower quietly. His other teammates had gone to sleep hours ago. After his meeting with Slade he had searched the surrounding area. Finally, when the sun had begun to come up, he had given up and had hurried back.

Sighing he slumped down on the couch. He looked down at his arms and watched as the bruises became darker. Robin frowned. `I can't let my team find out what happened.' He thought. `They would be mad that I didn't call them.' He walked to his room and opened his closet. There hung to extra Robin costumes, his Red X costume, and a Robin costume that looked exactly like the other ones except it had long sleeves.

`This should work.'

$ $ $

Slade stepped into his lair after his encounter with the boy wonder. Although he had to switch lairs thanks to the Teen Titans it still looked the same.

"Hey, you're finally here." Said a girl's voice. "You left me here all alone. Mista J. won't be happy about that." Slade turned toward the voice and Harley Quinn stepped out of the shadows. "Surprise! I'm here to help you by Mista J's orders." She pointed her finger at him. "I'm not to happy about havin' ta leave him so you betta' be grateful."

Slade said nothing as he turned toward his chair and continued walking. He sat down and pushed a few buttons. A screen popped up with the encounter on it. Harley Quinn came up behind Slade curiously watching the encounter unfold.

Slade fast forward the first part of the encounter. Since he wasn't alone yet. He stopped as Robin kicked him in the stomach and the fight ensued.

Slade smiled as he watched the boy wonder's face as he was held over the edge. A mix of rage, surprise, and if you looked hard enough, fear. "Wonderful." Slade said out loud making Harley jump. Slade pushed pause on Robin's face and smiled. "Simply wonderful."

$$$

The sun was completely up when Robin came out of his room everyone else was up.

"Good morning friend Robin." Starfire said happily.

"Good morning Starfire." said Robin as he took a pancake from the stack on the table. Beast Boy looked up.

"Dude, why are you wearing long sleeves?" Robin just shrugged.

"I'm a little cold." He lied. Beast Boy shrugged and continued to eat his tofu waffles.

"Friend Robin it is a nice day to go to the beach no?" said Starfire. Robin nodded.

"It sure is Starfire, but I have some work I need to finish." `Not only that, but I would have to take off my long sleeves.' Starfire's face dropped.

"It's okay Star." said Beast Boy patting her on the back. "The rest of us will go with you." Starfire smile warmly. Robin felt a wave of relief. He didn't want to hurt Starfire, but he still couldn't show her his arm. That would hurt her even more.

Looking down Robin saw that the paper from the day before was open to page four.

New Criminal?

Expert, Dr. Kentel, has agreed to share his opinion on the Joker/Scarcrow incident.

"These two criminals," says Kentel. "would not work together usually. The fact that they are says that there might be a third party involved."

"What would this third party be like?" asked our reporter.

"The third party would likely be, intelligent, rich, dominant, and very self confident. He/she would have to be able to have the power to keep two master criminals in check. Another possibility, however, is…"

Robin stopped reading and was just staring down at the paper. Intelligent, rich, dominant, self confident, powerful. `No it couldn't be…"

$$$$

Me: Another chapter down now onto the reviews:

Fanfiction.net:

TeenTitansGirl14: Thank you. I love Batman and Robin too and I agree they are both sexy. I hope you don't mind the yaoi in this.

Kimbra-fire: Whoa you read my mind! Yes this is a sladexrobin. The sequal will be more of a sladexrobin though. I'm glad you like it.

Please Review. Flames are welcome as long as they are intelligent. And of course compliments are great too!