Fan Fiction ❯ Seeds of Doubt ❯ The Call ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Amora: Hey great more reviews ^_^ and as my reviewer pointed out there were some grammatical and spelling errors in the other chapter on which I am very sorry for! I was in a rush and didn't read over it.

Warnings: Um Yaoi!

Disclaimer: Guess what? I don't own Teen Titans or Justice League other wise you would have to pay to read this.

$$$

Batman threw down the paper and looked at the message that the Joker and Scarecrow had given him. Flash was looking at all the gadgets that Batman had up. He reached for one of the explosive bat-a-rangs…

"Don't, touch, anything." Batman said not even looking up. Flash stuck his tongue out the dark night. "And don't stick your tongue out either." Flash blinked.

`How…?' he asked himself. Shaking his head Batman read the note again.

Keep your eyes open.

For the Hunter has found the bird.

-S

`What is it?' wondered Batman. His detective instincts told him that he should know the answer to that very question. The word that jumped out the most to him was `bird'. Hunter was obviously `S', and that whoever `S' was, was after `the bird.' Whatever that was.

Only one criminal had deliberately left clues for Batman to trace, The Riddler. However, this was not a riddle. Batman looked down at the paper he had thrown. `New Criminal?' stuck out. If there was indeed a new criminal, then he was very dangerous, for he was able to get the Scarecrow and the Joker to work for him.

$$$

Catwoman extended her claws and began to scale the building. The news report had for some reason disturbed her. This new criminal sounded extremely dangerous. She had decided to come out for some fresh air.

Well that wasn't the only reason she had come out of course. If there was a new criminal she might just run into a certain bat. Speaking of bats… Catwomen peaked around the corner and saw a bright red… suit. `They did say Flash was in town. ` Thought Catwoman. Then she purred as she looked to the side of him. `Batman…' The Bat glanced back and saw her, but said nothing.

"Meow." Catwoman said stepping out from behind the rooftop. Flash jumped. That's the on thing in Gotham that annoyed him. Everyone always sneaks up behind you. "What are two handsome gentlemen like yourselves doing out here on a night like this?"

"You saw the news?" asked Batman not even bothering to take his eyes off the building he was staring at. Catwoman nodded. He pulled the note out from his utility belt and gave it to her. (Still not turning around.) "This was given to me by the Joker and the Scarecrow."

While Catwoman read the note Flash was having a very hard time not taking his eyes of her. `Wow she looks great!' he thought. `Why is it that Batman gets all the hot enemies?'

"Know of anyone who calls himself by `S' or `Hunter." asked Batman. Catwoman thought for a moment. Then she smiled.

"I don't right now," she purred, "but I could find out for you. For a price." Batman finally turned around and looked at her.

"What do you want?"

"We can discuss the price later," said Catwoman. She handed the note back to the Dark Knight. She smiled at him then blew a kiss. "See ya' later Batman." She jumped off the building grabbing the side of the next with her caws and then scaling it.

Flash whistled. "She has a very nice body." Batman turned away from the fastest man.

"She's dangerous." He said simply before shooting a grappling hook out.

$$$

Robin had locked himself up in the room after he had read that newspaper clipping. `Slade in Gotham, but why would Slade start to work in Gotham.' Once again the masked criminal had done something unexpected. Robin banged his fist on the table.

`Why? Why can't I figure him out? This should be easy for me!' It frustrated Robin to know that he didn't know anything about this man, but Slade new him like the back of his hand.

"I'm the one whose been trained by the greatest detective in the world!' That fact had always made Robin feel very proud. The fact that Batman had raised him.

Banging his head on his working table Robin thought. `I can't give up. Slade has the power of molecules in his hands and…" Suddenly Robin felt the urgency to call his mentor. He had already pulled out his bat-communicator when he stopped. `He is the greatest detective in the world. He'll be able to figure it out on his own right?"

`But someone could become in a lot of danger by the time he figures it out!' He began to press the button down. `This is my battle though, I don't need his help.' Slade's face came to his mind.

"We are so very much alike." His finger pressed down on the button.

"Yes?" a deep irritated voice came on the other end.

"Come Robin, is that the best you can do?"

"Hello? Hello? Is anyone there?" Robin sat frozen in his chair. Quietly listening to his mentor's confused voice. `This is MY battle.' His mind replied firmly. He hung up. The darkness around him seemed to grow thicker.

$$$

Batman stared down at his communicator. `Very strange…' Jumping into the bat-mobile he phoned home.

"Alfred?" Batman asked.

"Yes Master Bruce?" came the butlers voice on the end.

"I want you to trace a call for me…"

$$$

Flash leaned against a building and yawned. How did Batman keep this up every day? Of course after that mysterious call Batman had jumped into the bat-mobile and closed the top.

`I just don't get him.' Thought Flash. `What on earth could make him so glum?'

$$$

Slade sighed. That had been very close. If Robin had finished his call to Batman everything would have been ruined. No it wasn't time for Gotham's protector to know him yet.

"I'm bored!" cried a voice from behind him. Slade turned around in his chair. His one eyes glaring deeply into Harley Quinn. After, awhile Harley began to fidget. "Never mind…" she said quietly. Slade turned around and she sighed.

"I have something you could do." Slade said suddenly.

$$$

"Friend Robin?" asked Starfire's voice from outside his door. "Friend Robin, are you feeling well?"

"I'm fine Star." Robin said with a slightly irritated voice.

"It is just…" Starfire began. "It is just that you have not come out all day… and it has become dark and the rest of us would like to know… if you would like to potato the couch with us…" Robin shook his head. Then he remembered that Starfire could not see him.

"No Star." Said Robin softly. "Thank you anyway." Robin listened as Starfire quietly left his doorway. To tell the truth he wasn't even working. He was laying down trying to sleep. Trying of course was the keyword.

Slade once again had made getting to sleep very hard. Images of his face and voice came floating into mind. And of course his last encounter with the criminal. Robin shivered.

Soon Robin fell into a sleep with nightmares.

$$$

Catwoman silently growled. Her search so far had produced nothing! It was like this person didn't even exist. Every lead she got was a dead end. This search had led her to a new city. She glanced around and saw a `T' building out in the middle of the lake.

`I believe I just walked into Robin's territory.' She thought; as she remembered that Batman's protégé had become the leader of a group of teen do gooders.

She pierced her lips. She didn't think that the "S' person would be here, but what the heck? Might as well browse around. At that moment she was attacked, by a giant hammer. Catwoman blacked out.

"Hey sweetie." Said Harley Quinn. "You're in the wrong territory."

$$$

Batman kept driving down the road. It had been quiet tonight. Very quiet. No signs of the Joker of Scarecrow could be seen. Flash was on the other side of town keeping an eye out for things.

Of course it wasn't just the quiet that was making Batman feel uneasy. That call before still hadn't been traced. Whoever it was, was very good at hiding their tracks.

As this thought registered a bomb blew up in front of the bat-car. Batman swerved to avoid the impact, screeching to a halt. He looked up to see a figure on the roof run. He shot a grappling hook up and began to follow.

$$$

Amora: Sorry that was a bit short. I hope the next one will be longer.

Fanfiction.net

Kimbra-fire: Yes I saw it too. I cried (sniffs). Anyway to answer your q. My Robin is Dick Grayson. There is more evidence to support him then Tim Drake so… I don't know maybe Terra will come back in spirit.

TeenTitansGirl14: Yeah thanks for the grammar stuff I was in a hurry and got this up too fast. I enjoy having people point out those mistakes. Cyborg and Raven hmm… I'll think about that. ^_^ I answered the Dick Grayson thing in Kimbra-Fire's review. I'm glad you're not offended.

Wind Wanderer: I'm happy to say that your beliefs won't be corrupt in this one. I think I will try and have a larger summery… Thanks for reviewing!

Thank you for your reviews and of course all future reviews are welcome!