Fan Fiction ❯ Senken ❯ Repeat Performance ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"I never wanted this" The words echoed as a burning sensation crawled up his neck. Water flowed behind his ears and down over the burning having no effect but to add to the irritation.

An outline of sweat consumed his figure as he began to push himself forward to a sitting position. Multiple drops left the hair descended towards the outline of liquid left. Peeling himself of the bed Jamuzu Took the clothes left out the day before and headed out to the rest of the house.

Senken

Chapter Three : Repeat Performance

"" Spoken

`' Thoughts

8 years later (12 years after incident)

"Hoi Irekai" Tanmaru and Dante stood in front of a different house. After that day they had begun to pull away from him an unspoken loathing had lurked in Dante's eyes each day after growing more intense Instead of the direct approach taken by Dante Tanmaru had preferred avoidance.

With a head lowered and shoulders pushed forwards he walked over and past the two. Silent sparks erupted invisibly between himself and Dante. A small trail of cracked earth followed his footsteps as he left those previously acquainted water filled the crack and frozen almost instantaneously a thin trail of white almost like string threads laced themselves across the ground showing where he had walked..

In a somewhat ironic way Jamuzu had changed his hair to a iced white to mimic his change in personality. Hiss clothes had become battered and worn an insight into what happened in more personal time. The longer strands of it blowing against his face as he walked further away from the familiar scene.

"Now Remember you have no intention of wounding your opponent. Any would more than a slight cut and I will intervene." With short greying hair the sparing tutor spoke aloud. "Remember this because you will fail if you go to far. Now each blade has a mild anaesthetic on the tip of the blade once it enters your blood you will rapidly fall asleep. This prevents chances of fights to the death." The tutor sighed. "Check the board for who you will fight."

Several other names lied in front of his own all went unrecognised. Staring blankly at the centre of the arena as the opening fights began two figures regardless of gender lunged forward striking towards the limbs of the other swings slow as to avoid injury to their opponent.

The fights were boring and uneventful barely moving from the spot where he leaned over the railing slightly.

"Hey Dante" Irekai motioned to the schedule board. "Looks like it's time for the plan." He motioned an invisible Q in the air.

Grabbing the blade tightly a thin trail of blood trickled down towards the handle. "For my mother." Dante Whispered to himself "Killed in cold blood."

Stepping out into the arena a small sand cloud rose up and began to disappear into the ins and outs of his clothing. A small sword no longer than half the length of his arm was gripped in a tight embrace by his right hand. Shielding his eyes from another raising sand cloud as his opponent approached.

Dante stood there glaring a small trail of blood trickling down the side of the blade. Moving one foot forward and one foot back taking a crouching stance he readied his sword. Outside of the arena Irekai readied his blade. A superior smirk came upon his face as the tutors concern for his students would pay against him. Raising the blade up to eye level Irekai made a carefully calculated swipe and made a small cut into the tutors neck. The tutors gaze because questioning as he stared towards Irekai and began moving ever closer to the floor.

"Ever since that day." Dante spoke cryptically making smooth motions left to right with his sword. "It now been eating away at me. Now is the time to avenge." Dante swung the sword in a clockwise circle. "Avenge my mother taken away from me." Dante rose the sword above his head pointed directly towards his opponent. Breathing deeply he charged forward.

Gasp's echoed from every direction as Dante made an attempt at a fatal blow. Swinging the world from above his head downward in an arc. Moving sharply backwards Jamuzu lost his balance sending him further away and onto his back. Moving his legs towards his and rocking on a curved back Jamuzu struggled to his feet. A drip of blood fell from a cut on a finger towards the floor.

A small laugh escaped his lips as if for some reason he hadn't expected someone like Dante to have started this. A small click sounded around as Jamuzu clenched the sword handle tighter and readied himself into a stance. A visible lift in the side of Dante's face as he begun to smile. "Not going to be that easy I see." Dante spoke aloud not moving his arms from his readied stance. Moving his foot forwards rapidly he kicked up a cloud of sand to hide his movements.

The sand covers Dante's feet as he charged forward again lowering his sword to a position where it would be hidden by the sand. The sand blew towards the side as a sudden gust of wind entered the arena and the lowered sword swinging in from the left was counted and overpowered. `How did the wind enter here.' He thought to himself as he took a quick look around to the ceiling before leaping back to lunge in again. As the wind begun to start up again.

Gripping the outside bar of the raised platform Tanmaru stared at the two facing off. `Why are they doing this?' She thought to herself. `It's a fight for your love' her inner self tried to rationalise their actions but quickly dismissed that suggestion. Sighing to herself she leapt over the railing and into the sand.

The sound of someone else disturbing the sanded battleground reached Jamuzu's ears. A small crack appeared in the sand as it dried and hardened behind him. To the outside world Jamuzu's eyes begun to get glazed over by shadows making the sockets seem empty and hollow. Small drops of water begun to leak from the crack behind him as another crack begun to appear in the rapidly hardening sand around him. From the crack that struck out of the ground in front of him a sudden increase of heat as flames rose and begun to coat over his feet. A small burning outline begun to cover the lower front of his body.

A thin sheet of ice rose from behind him growing denser and stronger by the second. Small icicles rose up from the ice structure and pointed towards Dante as well as outwards behind Jamuzu. A unlikely reunion of fire and ice coated the figure As Dante begun to back away.

A rising miniature hill of ground rose at Jamuzu's feet making him seem taller before it pulled away towards Dante growing with every inch. Arising itself to human height engulfing Dante and Burying him under dried and hardened sand leaving only his head sticking out.

A small laugh came from the engulfed shadow as each step brought flames closer to the buried form of Dante and ice following and melting in a trail. Between the two sheets one of fire one of ice shadows stretched an shrunk rapidly as if attempting to break free.

A Gasp erupted from the crowd and All movement stopped. `Warm…' thoughts rushed through Jamuzu's head going over the sudden sensation. Turning his head towards the feeling shadows rushed from his eyes. The flames at the front dimmed and returned to the cracks that had given them birth. The ice melted returning to a water state returning the cracked and dried sand back to normal. The shadows that danced and lunged in a desperate escape from the body begun to recede.

"Tanmaru" He Whispered to himself. The sand that encased Dante begun to disappear and the sounds of a dying wind echoed around as he stared at the person gripping onto his arm.