Fan Fiction ❯ Senken ❯ Danger overhead ,Wind and Darkness ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"Tanmaru." He whispered brushing some of her blue shoulder length hair away from his face.

"What is it?" he yawned.

"I've found something I want you to see." She happily exclaimed

Jamuzu released another groan

Senken

Chapter Five : Danger overhead ,Wind and Darkness

"" Spoken

`' Thoughts

"He's the first to be born with all the powers?" The elder at the far left of the table questioned as all but one head nodded in agreement.

"No." The head elder yelled slamming his open palms onto the wooden table. "There was another born with powers like this although she was used repeatedly as a tool for war. Prompting her suicide. That is why although it hurts our popularity greatly we must keep the child within the village. Others would find his powers and use him as a tool like all that leave those gates."

"But what about the man who killed his father. Spy's have sent word of his move upon hearing about the child's powers." A fury of chatter came from the table before being silenced as the candles went out and lighted again within moments.

" If Tamriosuke Met with the child there could be a catastrophe either a fight would break out or in the worst case scenario Tamriosuke could manage to control the boy. Should a power like that fall into his hands." The Table itself shuddered violently as all around it gained the mental image. The air grew thick as all grew silent.

Finishing what he was saying the head elder called in two men. "Place some Men around the boy." He commanded. "Make Sure Tamriosuke does not make verbal or physical contact with the boy." He inwardly sighed. ` I hope it will be enough'

He followed her through the crowded streets attempting to hide himself away from the members of the village and the cold staring eyes from whatever height that seemed to look down at him. Onwards she continued dragging him forward rapidly with strong tugs of the arm sometimes causing him to miss a step as she hurried on towards an unknown destination.

Stopping in front of a giant painted sign she began to pant for breath. Issuing him onward into a nearby alley where a short whimpering was heard. Underneath a short cardboard box lurked a tail of deepened grey with two identical streaks of white the tail no longer than his thumb. In a sharp unruly movement the tail disappeared and a quivering nose replaced it.

Cowering underneath his shadow the nose retreated and a small sound of a collision against the cardboard entered the alley. To glowing amber eyes peered out of the darkness looking through his legs towards what was behind him.

A small click sounded as a glint of silver shone from his waist. Sitting atop the rooftops he spied on the object of his hatred. Gripping the now unsheathed sword tightly he threw a single tile from the roof into the air. Swingy wildly several different sized chunks of the same tile hit the roof again. Night rapidly set in as a pair of footsteps undetected in there approach joined him on the rooftop.

"You wish for vengeance." A chilling cold voice seemed to cling to the air. Darkness completely veiled the two. As below the others parted ways.

Two repeated thuds came from his roof one quicker than the other. The sounds of metal colliding with stone echoed around the empty walls. Raising to his feet rapidly and clutching the mounted sword that had belonged to his father Jamuzu made his way up to the roof.

The familiar figure of Dante stood with another taller figure. A bizarre symbol was burnt into the back of their shirts. Twin lines enter a circle and twisted out each forming a uncompleted triangle a small cross inside the circle between the lines as the circle itself was cut into four. Small pieces of the fabric becoming the lines for tensed skin the background.

"I will keep coming for you." Dante spoke "And I will kill you even if I have to destroy everything."

The click of an unsheathing sword sounded as the other figure upon raising his left arm appeared to shoot shadows towards the sword disguising the silver. Kneeling down slightly Dante begun to coat in the shadows.

Sounds of footsteps rapidly approaching removed him from his watchful demeanour hurriedly he unsheathed his own sword rising into a stance. Within seconds unseen to his eyes the blade was pushed down by an unseen force. Sounds of metal on metal echoed through the rooftops drawing attention from the house's around it. As the heads emerged from windows Jamuzu struggled to move his swords to the sounds of the footsteps.

Although the sounds were deceiving it looked like Jamuzu was atop his own house with his fathers sword fighting an invisible foe. Small tablets of the stone roof began to shift rising up the roof against the will of gravity. Moving Jamuzu closer to the peak point of the roof. A sound of a collision and

metal sliding along the floor sounded out as well as a cry of surprise. The shadows once again began to join to disguise the fallen figure.

Unnatural light cut through the shadows like a knife edge. Unseen to himself his eyes lost all definition and became pure white. The light began to dissolve the shadow spreading out in uneven directions exposing and partially blinding Dante as he struggled to his feet.

"The last element has awoke." The elders stood lined up onto of an opposite rooftop. As the unnatural light disappeared and begun to form into the sword a white glow emitting from it. "Most people would call it a sword of legend if they saw it light up like that. But There's something evil lurking inside that light."

Spark's flew from the swords side and crackled as the hit the stone roof. A rapid shadow rushed out covered Dante before dissolving leaving nothing but the broken tiles to show where he had been.

"Your fight is with me." Another voice spoke out. The unnoticed figure that had been by Dante's side turned. Scar's etched their way across his forehead and darkness seemed its most concentrated around his hands.

"The man who killed your father has now come for you." A small gust of wind came from the same hand blowing the shadow's away.

"Tamriosuke" The head elder yelled out. A small ball of fire erupted from his palm shooting from rooftop to rooftop.

With a minor hand movement a gust of wind hit the fire and destroyed it. The tiles that the elder had been standing on began shaking slightly.