Fan Fiction ❯ Silent Beauty ❯ A Test ( Chapter 4 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Chapter 4: A test
It was testing day, the big test day. Students are always afraid of this day. Maybe because it is far worse than getting your brain drained.
The test was about to start. Kai tells Sai goodluck, and she did the same.
The test was hard, of course. It was brain-draining at its finest, probably the worst day to live.
"That was a bit too much." Kai said.
"You did review, did you?"
"Of course I did. I don't want to fail."
"Let's go back. The test's about to resume.
So the test did resume. After 2 hours of mental torture, they all went home.
"Aren't you going home?" Kai asked.
"Not yet." Sai stod, and left the classroom. Then she went to the music room, and sat on the piano, and played. She played the song "1000 words" while singing. Kai heard the sound of the sound of the piano and headed there, unnoticed.
"... A thousand words..." SHe played the last note, then a clap was heard. She turns around, and saw Kai clapping his hands. "That was beautiful, Sai. You have a beautiful voice, you know."
"Thanks..." She said, blushing.
"Mind singing some for me? I'll play." Kai sat down at the piano, and played a song. It was 'Fields of Hope'
"... Fields of Hope..." He played the last Key. "That was great Sai!"
"Thanks. You were great too."
"You really have a beautiful voice."
"I haven't thought of it. I was busy trying not to talk. Come, let's go home."
"Ok."
Kai escorted Sai to her house.
"See ya tomorrow."
"Ok, Goodbye." Then they parted.
Kai laid on his bed, and tried to remember Sai's singing. It was ringing inside his head.
"Her voice sure is beautiful..." He thought.
The next day, they went to school a little bit late. While walking, they saw a crowd of people near the bulletin board. They looked at it, and saw the results of the exam.

1st - Sai Hikawa
2nd - Kai Kazama

"Wow, you got first. Congratulations." Kai handshaked Sai, who's a bit happy, but not smiling.
"At least my effort didn't come to waste. It was a hard thime, though."
//flashback//
A night before the test.
The two were in Kai's room. They were reveiwing for the test. They did tests for many hours till they perfected it.
"Be sure to get the right answers, ok?" Sai told him.
"Of course. I'll try. You too."
"Yup." She replied, "And the best thing to do is to review, so that we will pass." She stood, and looked at the time. It was already 11 pm. "Oh... I must've lost track of time. I can't go home this late."
"You can stay here for the night."
"Are you serious?" She's surprised.
"Of course. If you're thinking something's gonna happen, there won't be. You'll be sleeping on my bed."
"And where will you sleep?"
"On the sofa."
"No way."
"Yes way. If I sleep on my bed, where would you sleep? I can't let you sleep on the sofa, coz my brother would disturb you."
Knowing there's no other way, she said shyly, "It's not polite for a girl to ask a guy, but... Can we sleep together then?"
He was shockled, but he knows she has no other intentions. She doesn't want either of them to sleep on the sofa. There was no other choice.
"Ok. I understand."
Later that night...
"Are you asleep?" Kai asked.
"...No." She replied, "You can't sleep either."
"Yeah..."
"You don't have to worry a thing. I trust you." She sleeps.
"Ok, if you say so." Kai hugs her, and sleeps.
//flashback ends//
"That night was warm... His body was warm." Sai thought.
"Sigh... I wish she would sleep beside me again." Kai thought, as she looks at Sai, now blushing. He looks away fast, and blushes slightly.
He looks at the sky, "God, please make my wish come true." He thought.

[TBC]