Fan Fiction ❯ Sixth ❯ Chapter 3

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Sixth
Chapter 3
 

//They’re moving…..in a close proximity to each other… there is six type three’s and a single type one…too easy// Sixth thought as he stalked through the shadows, each movement was silent and carefully planned. The moon was full, the air chilly and the winds were eerily calm. //So seven enemy units to neutralise, no wait…there’s an eighth one…its holding a steady distance between itself and the main group//. Sixth stopped dead in his tracks, after scanning the terrain and finding nothing, he closed his eyes and focused.// Approximate distance is estimated at 30 metres….based on the sounds of its movements its large, probably slow either that or its heavily armoured….either way I’ll take it down//. Sixth continued his hunt, careful to take note of the terrain for and to watch for any traps that may have been set, not wanting to reveal him to them, just as his instinct were telling him to.

After stalking his targets for over an hour through rough terrain, it was no surprise that the young weapon was more than slightly agitated. However only fools rush in where angels dare to tread, //And no angels have came to save us yet// He thought as he scaled a rocky outcrop which over looked a flat plain in the typically rough landscape of the wasteland. //So they have finally arrived at their destination…..it is about time//.

Below him stood six demons, each was an unholy abomination; they gathered in a circle, in the centre stood the seventh and final demon. It was a vampire, or at least some form of one, its ashen skin stood out in the pale light of the moon, it was no doubt the leader of the group, he stood there speaking to the others in some archaic language. The demons who it was speaking to were some form of lycanthrope/troll hybrid; they stood around seven feet tall and were top heavy, large fangs protruded from their lower jaws. //This is it// Sixth thought as he stood on his feet, after securing his gloves and taking out one of his combat knives, he dived off of the outcrop, he fell silently catching the group off guard as he landed a few metres away from them.

The vampire turned and faced the new arrival, “So you came to kill us did you, child?” it asked in a venomous tone, the others in the groups fanned out and surrounded Sixth cutting off any escape route. “Well, I’m afraid to say that the only one dying tonight is you” it continued before clicking its fingers. The beast that had positioned behind him then lunged forward, its jaw wide open. In an instant it collided with the boy, the creature snapped it jaw shut attempting to capture him in its razor like teeth. However, it was unable to catch the boy, who had immediately spun around in the split second before the impact. Before the creature had time to register the movement, the redhead swung his blade in an upward motion piercing the creatures abdomen, he then growled in a feral tone as he pulled the blade upwards gutting the demon like a fish, an audible thud could heard as it fell to the ground dead.
Sixth then turned to face the Vampire, their eyes met and neither one was willing to pull away, “So you were saying something about me dying tonight, care to back up that threat?” Sixth said, his voice was void of emotion.
With another click of his fingers the rest of the demons lunged at the young boy, a dark glint appeared in the Vampires eyes as he whispered “You should have let the first one kill you, at least it would have been quick and painless”
TBC…………


AN: Well I did plan for this to be longer but…I have a surprise for the next chapter and it is certainly is not a nice one.

Demonicpride32: Thanks for the review, I know there was not much internal debate or general angst but when Sixth is hunting he has no time to dwell on the past…..also, I know this may not be as good as chapters 1 and 2 but I wanted to keep it as simple as possible.

Next time…
Sixth must defeat the five lycans in order to reach the Vamp leader, but he also has to deal with them before the eighth enemy arrives to tip the scales against him. Also little does he know that he is being watched by something unlike anything seen in over one hundred years.