Fan Fiction ❯ Sleep well, Xianghua ❯ The lost oasis ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

By now we were only a few hours away from Xiameiana. Kilik had guessed that no one else was going after the fragments because we haven't see anyone else since we've had began our walk together.

"Look, an oasis!" I said, tugging on his jacket and pointing to a tiny pond with trees around it. We had been going on for hours and died for a drink.

We both had a race to see who would get there first. I ended up wining and got to my knees to drink out of the large, deep pond. The water was freezing and tasted wonderful going down my dry, rough throat.

Kilik had splashed his face a number of times, then rubbed his eyes with a deep relieved sigh.

"That was wonderful."

"Want to go for a dip?" I asked with a grin.

He looked up at me with shock upon his face. "What?"

"A `dip' Kilik, it's where you take off your clothes and get into a pool of water for a few minutes."

"I know what it means! Why do you want to?"

I tossed down my No Name and lifted off my shirt. "Because it's hot."

I threw the shirt down and took off the arm sleeves separately. I caught Kilik staring at me mindlessly as I stood there in only a bra.

"You coming?" I asked, undoing my pants and sliding them off.

"Uh…y-yeah."

He let loose the Kali-Yuga and removed his jacket. He had no shirt on, so it was easy.

I stretched and felt the hot sun against my face, feeling lucky that I was about to enter a cold pool of water. I opened my eyes again and looked to Kilik. He was standing there like a statue looking over at me with a dumbfounded expression on his face.

"Oh Kilik, surely you're not going in there still fully clothed!"

He looked to his pants and blushed.

"Take off your pants, don't be so modest!"

I dove into the water. It was as freezing as the Antarctic, but I didn't care; it was wonderful. I kicked back up to the surface and closed my eyes, slicking my wet hair back, feeling the sun's rays.

When I looked back up at Kilik, he was gone. Eyes wide open in shock, I turned my head in all directions and rotated my body. He was nowhere. I called out his name and hoped for a response, but got none. All I got was the silence of the desert and not even a gust of burning wind. I kept on rotating my body and calling out.

Just as I was about to exit the pond and go look for him on land, I felt a pair of strong hands grasp my waist and pull me under the water. I yelped out and choked on a mouthful of water as I struggled to break to the surface. My heart raced viciously as I rested my hand to my chest, breathing and coughing.

From behind me, Kilik showed himself and was smirking and chuckling.

"Why did you do that?!" I cried, splashing him with my free hand. "You could have killed me!"

He formed another sad, puppy face. "I'm sorry Xianghua."

He knew I always fell for the puppy face routine. I rolled my eyes with a chuckle. "Yeah sure you are."

With a grin, he ducked back underneath the water. Knowing what he was going to do, I tried swimming backwards as quickly as I could. I was beginning to wish I could see him beneath the water.

I cried out and laughed when he grabbed my feet and tickled them. I waved my arms around, slapping the water surface and struggling to free my feet from his grasp.

"Kilik, stop!" I cried. "You're going to have to come up for air eventually!"

A few seconds later, he came up to the surface again, whipping his hair back out of his face, then rubbed his eyes. I took advantage of this and dunked his head under the water using my entire body weight.

It didn't work as well as I thought, for he gripped my waist tickled my ribs. I choked out a laugh and freed myself from him.

"You won't win," he said, running his fingers back through his hair and winking at me.

We spent the next hour goofing around and wasting time. I never once got my way with Kilik, for he always had me under his control.

When we exited the pond, we got dressed into our clothes again. It took me a little longer than it took Kilik to slide on pants and a jacket, so he stood and watched me get ready.

"A little privacy please," I growled playfully. He smirked and turned around, twirling his rod again.

After my costume was complete, I gathered my weapon and left with Kilik to Xiameiana.