Fan Fiction ❯ Static Shock: Through the Green Glass Door ❯ how it happened ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“Bla”=talking
 
/bla/=thoughts
 
Disclaimer: don't own, don't sue.
Setting(s): the City of Dakota.
Warning: Hotstreak is a lot OOC, sorry, but it's my story.
Previously:
“Where are you going?” Angel asked, curious
“To see a friend”
Now:
They were at the docks. Angel, hated the docks, she had fallen in when she ran with Francis's gang and nearly downed when she hit her head on one of the legs on the dock. One moment she was walking on the docks and the next she was in the water. She remembered hitting her head, but after that it was fuzzy. She woke up in her bed the next morning.
“Never thought I'd be here again” Angel said with a sour note in her voice
“What, bad memories?' Hotstreak joked.
“Look, sissy, look! Water, do you think I could go swimming?” Austin was overjoyed. She'd only see water from her books.
“This way” They followed him into a warehouse near there.
“Where ya been?” a shadowy (me: guess who!) demanded
“I got distracted” Hotstreak shot back
“Who's she?” someone else asks.
“Who cares” voice one said
“Who wants to know?” Angel demanded. She was very confused.
“Her name's Angel, she's a…old acquaintance” Hotstreak stated
OLD ACQUAINTANCE! I'll give you old acquaintance, FRANCIS!,” Angel shrieked, “old acquaintance, indeed” Austin giggled, sissy was being funny.
“And you felt compelled to bring her here? You an idiot, she's going to give us away to the cops” Voice number one said as he stepped out from the shadows. Angel grabbed Austin (me: she does that a lot) and took a step back /holy shit, the dudes a shadow! /
“The Hell?”
“His name's Ebon, that's Talon, he's Shiv, and she's Aqua Maria” Hotstreak said, walking over to join the others.
“Right tell her are name's so when she goes to the cops, she knows exactly who we are,” Ebon told Hotstreak, “very smart”
“Cops? Where, they aren't here are they?!?, if they are, I need to leave” Angel rambled, looking back at the way she came in.
“Why are you running from the feds? You said you'd tell me” Hotstreak said.
“Umm, ah, Austin umm, we're going to play hide and seek, okay?” Angel said, crouching down to Austin
“Okay! You count, because I wanna hide” Austin said happily
“Good, hide any where in this room”
“don't look!” Austin said as she ran off in some random direction. Angel pretended to cover her eyes, when she was sure Austin was out of ear shot she turned and looked at the others.
“I can't get arrested” Angel stated.
“Why do you think your going to be arrested?” Hotstreak asked walking over to Angel.
“I…I killed my dad”
“Oh, okay if that's all…you did what?” It finally sunk into Hotstreaks head.
“I killed my dad” Angel repeated in a shake voice
“Why?” Hotstreak pressed.
“Because..., “Angel started, then became defensive, “why do you care, remember I'm an old acquaintance” she pushed Hotstreak away and went to find Austin.
“Do you think we can trust her?,” said Talon, “she did kill her dad”
“She's not joinin' the crew. This only proves that she won't go to the cops” Ebon said
“Hay, hay who said she was joinin'?,” Hotstreak said, “she's not even a Bangbaby” Angel walked back with Austin /there talking about you/[1] Angel looked around.
“Who said that?” /this is crazy/
“Who said what? You goin' crazy on us?”
“Shut up” Angel looked around /this place reeks. Where near the docks so, {go onto the boat} what?/
“Is there a…hay, you turning normal” Angel looked at Ebon, he was looking human. Ebon looked at himself.
“Damit, Hotstreak we need to go the that crazy doctors place, if he made the cure, he had to have had some of the old gas, I want it”
“What do we do with them?” Shiv said, looking at Angel and Austin.
“Tie them and put them on the boat” Ebon said, pointing to the rope.
“Sure thing boss”
“Hay, don't I get a say in this?” Angel shouted as she jumped out of Shiv's way.
“No”
“Okay, just checking” Angel said and then kicked Shiv in the jaw.
“Talon, Maria, tie them up, NOW!” Ebon shouted trying to open up one of his shadow portals
“Nighty night girls” Talon said then did her screaming thing. Angel hit her with a box.
“hay, girl!” Aqua Maria said, getting Angel's attention.
“what!”
“I think I have something important to you” Maria said, holding Austin up. Austin looked like she was having a ball, sitting on the water.
“…” Angel narrowed her eyes and glared at Maria, “put her down”
“She'll be fine, if you follow me to the boat”
“…fine”
(Scene change, Time elapse: no idea, umm their on the ship during `Power Outage')
Hotstreak, Talon and Ebon were in the room. Talon, or Teresa which was her real name, was normal looking, and Angel was confused. For hours she's been hearing this voice in her head, that she needed to get Austin and get out, but she didn't know who it was. Angel looked each of them over, Hotstreak looked scared, so did Ebon and Talon looked scared, for other obvious reasons (me: aka she's being held hostage) Angel looked at Austin, she was asleep, not a care in the world. /I wish I could be like that {no you don't} ya, your right, but I hope she stays like that? Ebon just left, Hotstreak and Teresa followed. Angel got up and walked over to a piece of rusted metal and cut her bindings. Them she ran over and untied Austin. There was a commotion outside so Angel waited until it was over to come out.
“What happened?” Angel asked Teresa, who was still there.
“Static came and took the gas, every one went after him. We need to get out of here fast.”
“No, I can't.”
“Fine, lets find Static and Gear. I'll go that way,” Teresa said, pointing in one direction, “and you go that way” she pointed to the other direction.
“Okay. Austin, come on” Angel and Teresa split up. Angel and Austin walked along the endless corridors until they reached a sing that read `quarantine section' {you need to get out of here} /no! I can't, not yet/ suddenly the corridor was filled whit a purple gas. Angel and Austin started coughing and gagging on the gas. Then suddenly it was gone.
“okay, lets get out of here, fast” Angel said to know one. She grabbed Austin and made a break for it. She ran thought the endless corridors until she found a door, the ship was sinking, some thing when thru it. Angel lifted Austin onto her hip and jumped of the sinking ship.
“We need to find someplace safe”
 
 
[1] I recently saw `Frozen Out' and the dude said that being homeless messes with a persons head, and don't you think killing her father might mess with you head as well, so she's going slightly crazy, but don't worie