Fan Fiction ❯ Storks And Doves ❯ The News ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer-Will and Grace isn't mine

The News

"Well, nothing on mine!" Karen said, hiding her test in her hand and going to her trash bin.

"Well…I knew nothing would be on mine. I mean, I'm not crazy," Jack said. "But, I'm still a little disappointed." He threw the test away and turned to Karen. "So, there's nothing on yours?"

"No, honey, I'm lying. I'm gonna have a baby."

Jack stared at her with his mouth wide open. Fingers spread wide open, he brought his hands to the side of his face. "Oh…my…God!"

Karen grinned. "I'm pregnant."

"Oh my God, Karen, this is so great!" Jack practically pulled Karen out of the chair and hugged her. "This baby will be the greatest thing! Ooh, I'm gonna teach it how to tap and sing and give it acting lessons!"

"Oh, honey." Karen gave him her trademark smile. "No you won't."

Jack ignored her. "We gotta tell Will and Grace!"

"Poodle, I've gotta tell Stan first."

"Oh, yeah…I forgot about him."

Karen sat down at her desk and picked up her phone. She dialed her home number and waited for Stan to pick up.

Stan reached over to pick up the phone. He was lying in bed and hadn't wanted to be disturbed.

"Yeah?" he said gruffly.

"Stan, honey, there's something I gotta tell you."

"You want a divorce?"

"No!" Karen yelled. "Stanley, you're going to be a daddy again!"

Silence. "Christ."

"I know!" Karen babbled excitedly. "I'm gonna be a mommy! And a better one than my mother ever was, too!"

"Well, that's great!" Stan said with forced cheeriness. "We'll celebrate tonight. Bye." He hung up.

"How was that, Stan?" Lorraine asked from the other side of the bed.

"The wife. She's pregnant."

"I thought he'd be happier," Karen said, hanging up.

Well, I'm happy!" Jack said. "In fact, I'm so happy, I'm gay!" He giggled like a schoolgirl.

Karen smiled. "I'll go tell Grace."

"Tell me what?" Grace walked in, grinning.

"Karen's got good news!" Jack said, jumping up and down.

"Me, too!" Grace said. "I'll go first.'

"No, I will!" Karen said.

"Me!"

"Me!"

"Me!!

"Me!!

"ME!"

"ME!"

"ME!!"

"M E!!"

"All right, let's go at the same time," Grace said. "On three. 1…2…"

"I'm pregnant!" Karen interrupted.

Before the shock kicked in, Grace exploded with her news. "Will and I are getting married!"

REVIEW!!