Fan Fiction ❯ The Darkerside of Ryu Hayabusa ❯ Calling ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A.N- this short story is the result of being board in class, an over active imagination, and watching to many movies. Oh and also reading to much manga, ^__^

Enjoy.

Disclaimer: I don't own any of the characters, or places. Tecmo dose, all I own is the creativity I put in to the story.

Calling

"You have been summoned before the head of the Mugen Tenshin clan leader for a matter of great importance."

Hayabusa regarded the aid with a cold expression; an angry sparkle flashed in the ninjas brilliant green eyes. The aid left the room quickly, leaving Hayabusa alone in the dark council chamber.

Suddenly the torches that ran across the ivy covered walls came to life, eliminating the great hall. Silently Hayate, the 17th head of the Mugen Tenshin walked into the room. He walked over to Hayabusa, his dark blue and white robes flowing around him with every step.

"It's good to see you Ryu, It has been far to long."

"Indeed Hayate, what is so important, that I have to come all this way?"

The clan leader smiled slightly, his brown eyes studying every inch of his friend's expressionless face.

"It is about my sister, Kasumi. She has killed three more of my men in the past two days, I have sent the best assassins I have, but no one can get close to her."

Hayate turned and walked over to the stone table in the middle of the room, "I need some one she trusts, who knows what she is thinking. I need you to find her and dispose of her."

Hayabusa couldn't believe what he had just heard; he knew how much Kasumi meant to Hayate and that he would never ask this unless it was absolutely necessary. Ryu shifted his position slightly, but his expression still remained unreadable and cold.

"What has made you change your mind? I thought you made me promise to keep her safe and not to let her die."

Hayate turned round to face his friend, the moon created an icy glow around the Mugen Tenshin leader.

"I have to do my job, Ayane has also threatened to dispose of Kasumi if my men fail again. She has also said that she would tell other council members that I am not being a responsible leader. If Ayane gets to Kasumi first she will torture her until she begs for death. I rather my runaway sister be killed respectfully than have her be left to the hands of Ayane."

Hayabusa walked over to his friend, "What if I refuse?" Ryu asked coolly.

"Simple, you will die to. I know you have feelings for my sister, I have know that since you first met each other. If you do this one thing for me you will be given back your honor and you will be part of a clan again. It's your choice, die a clanless fool, or be welcomed back in to your only family. Come on Ryu, you know the right choice, trust me this is one of the hardest choices I have ever had to make. But sooner or later Kasumi will become a bigger problem that she already is, you will be doing her a favor."

Ryu turned away from Hayate, this was very uncharacteristic of his friend, he guessed that Ayane had something to do with it all. Then a very dark thought occurred to him, if he found Kasumi he could keep her safe and also show the runaway what it truly felt like to be hunted. One side of him began to protest but the darker part of Ryu's conscience suppressed his doubts. Kasumi had cost him a lot, and it wouldn't hurt to take revenge.

"Fine, I will do what you want."

Hayate smiled, "good, I knew you would see things my way." Then the clan leader left the room, leaving the somewhat bewildered Ryu to his own thoughts.

A.N- I know this is a bit of a short chapter, but it will get better. It looks like the darker side of the solitary super ninja is beginning to show, And what about Hayate? Well next chapter should get in to a bit more detail and a bit more in depth.