Fan Fiction ❯ The diary of a teenage girl ❯ January 19th-31th ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Diary of a teenage girl part 1
The Diary of Laura O' Connor :)

January 19th 1998

Dear Diary,
I’m afraid this is the first time I have written in this diary. My name is Laura O Connor. Today we are beginning a week long break! Isn’t that great? Well I mean no one wants to stay at school forever. Not even a nerd like me. Well at least that’s what some people think of me. Teacher’s pet this, it’s the nerd, and a lot of other things. My friends are all away except for Elena Demise. If course we live in the same neighbor hood and she is three blocks away. Yah, we live in a sunny region off the coast of California. Sometimes my dad lets us go on a boat and we’ll go into the harbor to head out to watch the sea animals. I have never seen a manatee but I wish I could they are so cool looking. After we get onto land we go on a ferry to go see some other spots of California. Today all I have done is go to school, and come back on the bus. We learned about what circumference equals. Circumference equals 2pi x radius which equals ½ of the problem. If that doesn’t make any sense I don’t think it made sense either. It’s much easier doing the math then explaining about it. Well, I’m off to go eat supper! It’s already 6:00 pm and mom’s making her famous marinated chicken Alfredo.

Morning
January 20th 1998

Dear Diary, I am here again, I have already eaten breakfast and changed into my clothe. Today I am going to the park, at our block. Elena has decided to meet me there. I just gotta say that she is definitely only wanting to go for one reason, and I only mean one reason. Cute boys. That’s all she ever talks about nowadays. I think I hear her calling me, gotta go.
Night
January 20th 1998

Dear Diary, I am sorry about not writing that long earlier. But guess what when we went to the park. We saw Jake! I thought he told me he was leaving for the week but well, he told me it was just a mistake and he was going to be here half of the week. So since we were doing nothing I asked him if he wanted to play V-ball with us, I mean there were nets that you could use there. As nice as he is he agreed to it and joined us for about a half an hour. Then he left to go and play with his friends at his house, of course they were all boys. Well, I knew they were going to play video games so I decided rejecting his offer to go with them, for the reason we went to the park was to go swimming in the small pool. I loved to go there after I did my hw after school. It was relaxing for one thing and refreshing. Like I said earlier the only reason Elena goes is for the boys of course. So way did it fell right ever for me to always end up alone in the pool, because of her issues and obsessions with boys. Today though there was hardly any boys there, especially of her taste so we did have a good time at the pool. I even got to play Marco Polo with Elena and the younger kids. Hey, I may be a teen but who cares as long as you enjoy your youth. I say that me and my friends are not followers but leaders since we don’t use those stupid and expensive trends. We make our own look up. I even ask my cat, Tiger if it is appropriate. Well, I must say he never replies. What a lazy cat he is. After we had enjoyed ourselves in the pool we went to Crystal’s an ice cream shop nearby. I have never felt like this, though it feels so good to write it down. I thought it was odd to be with my friends today well I better get to sleep, after all my Dad will just kill me if I don’t wake up for tomorrow. He is planning on taking me on a short boat ride to see the sunset. So I better catch some z’s.

January 21st 1998

My dad has unofficial plans, so he can’t take me this morning, it just so happens that he had snuck into my room to turn off my alarm or I would’ve been up to go. Sometimes I just don’t get my dad he has a corporation and yet not a time in the world for me ever since he bought it. I ended up finding out that my friend Elena had left for an amusement park for the day, once I discovered that I called up Jake and asked him if he had any plans because I was bored. He agreed to meet me at the pool if he could bring his friends along too. I knew that he wasn’t as close of friend to me before but he was the nicest friend I probably had. Maybe I could ask my dad if we could have a boy-girl party for my B-day! That way I can have an awesome party and invite him too to thank him for his kindness. Well we then later went to his house which is five and a half blocks away to meet him, of course I was the first one there so we walk alone until Jeffrey one of the jocks and his best friend showed up. Then it was nice and we had a fun time on the way to the pool. I’m glad that Greg and Matt didn’t mind I was around them. They were already at the pool once we went there. Then we enjoyed ourselves as we went on the boogie boards and had a contest on whom could stand on the boogie boards the longest. Neither me nor Jake won but I enjoyed seeing me win Third, Jake won Second, and Greg won third! Too think winning is really only fun when you enjoy it with your friends. Then I was hungry so we stopped and got some food at a fast food place. Jake paid for all of ours since me and the other guys forgot all our cash. We got home around 10:00pm but I thought it was the best day of the week-off. We stopped at my house and I thanked the guys for a great day, they said they would hang out with me anytime, for what reason I don’t know. But I think I can just relate to both Boys and Girls. Then I told Jake I would pay him back for the food but he said he didn’t mind paying for me and the other guys. What a cool Guy! He is my best friend I’ve ever had who is a boy, never thought it would be so much fun to hang with the guys. Playing Video games, Swimming, and others all day was the best, I hope I have another day like this, who knows it may happen again.

January 22nd 1998

Hello again Diary. I have spent the entire day doing practically nothing once more. We only have four more days of break, it is so horrible! Actually I want to get back to school earlier. I miss my other friends Alex and Hermione yeah I know she has the same name as the girl in Harry Potter but that’s not really her fault. Ok, so today me and Elena got to hang out at the Game Corner today! It has finally opened. The building is right beside Crystal’s in case you have forgot that is the Ice cream shop. I saw many people from school including Paul Jones, Cynthia Mathews, and Joanne Hannahbaker. Their not my friends or anything but they all do hang out at our table in school, it just so happened that Jeffrey told me that Jake has decided that they will be sitting at our table. At first I was shocked that a bunch of cool guys would want to sit with a bunch of nerds and dorks. But hey miracle can happen. I am quite interesting in catching up with Jake, he hadn’t talked to me for a few years since he had moved away but somehow he managed ending up in the same place. At first we did talk to each other on the phone and with letters but soon he didn’t communicate with me until the day he moved here. Which was what? The last day we were in school. He said hi to me and said he’d see me round. So since then I’ve been seeing him a lot lately. I wonder what my friends would say about this when they got back. Elena and me don’t mind. For one thing she thinks they will hang around cute guys(she thinks there cute). Well, so we were at the Games Corner, it was boring at first but then me and Elena challenged each other to a dance-off then a contest on the whack-a-mole machine. Guess what I lost the whack a mole machine but won the dance off. Who would know that swimming makes your legs faster in dance contests. Well that’s all I did today.

January 23rd 1998

Dear Diary,
I have had the best day yet today! It is awesome to have a rainy day at least I thought so. Elena had to stay home because she was worried about her hair plus she had to baby-sit her little brother while her mom and dad were out. But still I got to go to the small pond in the back of the Nature park and skip some stones. It’s hard to say that was fun because I found out how hard it was to skip stones in a pond. But the weather turned in to a gruesome lightning storm, the wind made me struggle as I ran into the nature center. Of course I was all alone until I say Jake there. It’s really funny when you find a friend everywhere you go. The power did go out and I found myself in the mist of the most horrible storm ever. We did have flashlights and backup lights there so me and Jake were just fine. When I asked him what he was doing here, he told me that he was walking home when it started to rain and lighting hit a tree next to him so he ran into the nature center for shelter. Of course he asked what I was doing here. I honestly told him that I was lonely so I did the only thing I could do when your lonely and that’s to skip rocks and study nature. It was great that he thought it was funny instead of dorkish. I always hated being called a dork and I still do! We had a great time there, we told stories with the other people and they also gave us free activities while we wait out the storm. I’m starting to like Jake more and more. It is kind of like having a best friend, even though I have many best friends. Then once the power was back and the storm was gone me and Jake managed to get home around 12:00 am. Of course my mom and Dad were very angry at me but hey it wasn’t my fault I was stuck in that nature center. I’m supposed to be home at least by 10:00 pm! Ok so now I’m grounded for just trying not to be bored. I can’t go out tomorrow, it will be so boring just like the winter. Well at least we can do things in the winter unless we’re grounded too. I’ll stop writing now, I hear footsteps and oh my gosh it’s already 2:00am I must have been writing an awful lot. Gotta go bye.

January 24th 1998

Dear Diary,
I have nothing to do right new but to right into my diary. Today’s been a living heck! First of all I have overslept to 12: 00 pm and then I had to call all of my friends who are away. That means my mom won’t let me call Elena and Jake. Since I’m only allowed on the phone twice a day when I’m grounded. Still at least I can call them tomorrow. Since then I have found out that Hermione will be back two days before break is over! That means that I will be able to go to her house tomorrow at 4:00pm and help her study for our math test. Since the test is right on the day we get back. Isn’t that great! I don’t want a test but I do quite love math. The bright side of that is all my friends are in that class. Sorry if I ramble on like this but hello, I’m grounded. Ok my mom is letting me on the computer because she doesn’t believe it was my fault I was late either, bye for now.

January 25th 1998

Dear Diary,
Today I spent the day over at Hermione’s. Elena came over later, but before she came I helped Hermione with her unpacking and helped her cook some food. I thought it was fun. Then I showed her some math problems that may be on the test that is after tomorrow. The problem is I don’t think Alex will be here for the test she told me she will be coming back the 27th of January but I believe that is on a Tuesday. Well, then we walked a romance movie. Hate to say it but almost all my friends are boy crazy including Hermione. I do like boys but I am not obsessed with finding any boy to ask them out like Elena or Hermione. Alex has to know them before she’s asks someone out or they ask her. And well me.. I’ve never dated someone before. So I don’t even know yet if anyone will ask me to the Valentine’s day dance. If I don’t get asked my someone I will definitely not be staying at the dance. But hey like I said some miracles happen. Just not very often. I do like to watch romance, Adventure, Action, and some Animal films. Let’s just say I’m the most soft hearted of all of my friends. Elena came by right as the film ended. I didn’t really enjoy the romance film we were watching but I believe Hermione would like any type of movie with kissing in it…that last for hours… and hours at a time. Huh. sometimes I don’t get her. How can something be soooooo romancy? Don’t judge my spelling I don’t check my spelling. And well we had to watch it over again since Elena wanted to see the film as well. That’s practically all I did that day.. The most boring day all vacation. Don’t get me wrong the day I was grounded was boring too but hey It was more fun then today. When I got home at 6:30 I called Alex and Jake then finished it off with calling Hermione and telling her why she had to watch that movie twice. Then I had supper, it was great my mom should become a chef! Ok now I’m off to get ready 4 bed.

Morning
January 26th 1998

Today is the last day before we have to go back to school. Time was fun but now I want to have the best day yet. So I went to the park with Elena and Hermione to the make up of spending so much time inside. Ok, we were playing V-ball when we saw Eric Patterson. He was one of the most popular guys in our school. He was so into playing V-ball with us.

Afternoon
January 26th 1998

Dear Diary,
Me and my friends hung out at the park all day, it was awesome. But, there was a slight fly in our plans. We were stopped by the school’s bullies or the kids who are huge and muscular that could squish you as if you were a fly. No matter what, they were must likely going to beat us up for being A+ students well, me anyway. The good thing is that there was a police car nearby so they left without beating us up. But I could tell it wasn’t the last we’d see of them. I had an okay day, but no day that whole vacation came close to that day with the lightening storm. Ok time for me to sign off for the day. I’ll write in you tomorrow!

January 27th 1998

Dear Diary,
I’ve been inspired by a friend to write an article in the newspaper! By Jake of course, but it’s for the school’s newspaper. I had a nice day at school today and to finish it off I went to Alex’s home to check out if she was there. Of course she was there, so I helped her unpack her suitcase and then I headed to the pool by myself for I couldn’t go with Alex her mother and father wanted her to help out with their suitcases and packing things to back where they begin. So I went off to the park to check out the pool. It was fun and relaxing they allowed me into the hot tub! I don’t know why but at first it was restricted. Of course there was a lot of adults there. That’s probably because a lot of kids who were usually there weren’t there probably because of homework. So I was walking home when I saw the Game Corner crowded as usual. I decided to go in to see if I could find anyone I knew, because as sure as heck I was really bored. I surprised to see someone I knew there, it was Jake. Gee, I was getting excited when I saw him there, When we said hi I don’t know why but my heart wouldn’t stop beating.. Could this be that I…….? I don’t know but soon he wanted me to join this dance-off competition. I did and would yah know? I won! That’s all I have to write down besides the fact that Jake walked me home, could it be? No. He’s just my friend that’s all. I’ll put down my pencil for this one time.

January 30th 1998

Dear Diary,
Sorry I have not written in this diary for three days. I have been hanging out with my friends. They now know about Jake, which ticks me off. They bug me about him every day. I keep on telling them he’s just my friend but they use more and more reasons why we’re dating. I hate them teasing me about having a friend who’s a guy. Geez it’s not like that. Besides I don’t know I do like Jake but I do like Eric Patterson as well. What am I saying I should go back to studying not dating, and boys. Ok so the test we had on Monday I got an easy A. It was cool that Jake also got one. But besides the fact.


January 31st 1998

Dear Diary,
The valentines are being sold at our school the dance s the 13th. Today I did nothing but do homework it was fun, at least to a nerd like me. Besides about the last time I wrote in the diary. For one my friends don’t understand. Jake’s my type, so what! He’s nice, smart, and sensible to others feelings… oh now I feel awkward. I’m finished for today I promise I’ll write tomorrow.