Fan Fiction ❯ The Fallen Guardian ❯ A Chance To Redeem ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

It was the break of dawn, and Sora and Goofy were still asleep. Donald had gone in search of a market, since the team was low on food. Despite the fact that Donald and Goofy failed in protecting their king, they still kept going, with a little bit of hope still in them. How could Goofy and himself believe Riku? Riku was one of the Heartless. He could of lied to them to make them think that Mickey was dead. It might not of even been Riku, and instead a Heartless might have became more intelligent and able to write. There were many possibilities the letter might have been sent. Donald just didn't want to give up hope, since hope was the only thing he was able to hold on to.

After a morning walk, Donald had found a market and a weapons shop right next to each other. The last time Donald saw a weapons shop was in Traverse Town, which was a long time ago. He had left his nephews there, still in the store. Hopefully, they were able to get back to the castle before the worlds were sealed again. But now, hope was nearly nothing but an empty dream, having no purpose but to make things worse.

Donald walked to the market that was opening for the day. Just when he put his hand on a piece of fruit, a loud noise from behind startled Donald. As he spun around to see what was going on, Donald was hit, flying five feet to his right. Donald got up to see a new Heartless, one of the newly evolved ones. It was only one solder, but only bigger, taller, and more advance armor and weaponry. The armor covered all of the body except the face, and the claws were a whole lot longer and sharper. They took at least four more hits than they did before.

Donald got on his feet and readied a firaga spell. He casted it, and the Heartless solder went flying into some boxes. Donald had been working on his magic, even without Merlin. He was determined to be a better mage than Sora. And at this point in time, he was. The solder got up and shook his head. He looked at Donald and disappeared into the wall. A few moments later, the ground started to rumble underneath Donald's feet. In fear, Donald turned around and found nothing. It was about then when he heard the familiar cry of an Invisible. Donald was alone. This was his fight, without Sora and Goofy's help. With this fight Donald might be able to redeem himself after the many fights with his friends. This was his fight, and he was going to fight it alone.