Fan Fiction ❯ The Fallen Guardian ❯ Neverending Nightmares ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Mickey! Hold on! Don't give in to them!

The memories had still been haunting Riku, after the incident. Traveling, Riku grabbed his Keyblade and started cleaning it, every stroke revealing to him what he had become. The promises were so convincing, Riku had to give in. But he didn't know the ugly truth. All he wanted was to go back to the island, with Sora and Kairi. But he couldn't do that. Instead, Riku had to find his way back home, traveling to different worlds. It had been a couple days since Riku had rest. He wanted to go home as soon as possible.

The town was small and quiet. Nothing more than a few houses, a couple stores, and an inn. Just passing the inn made Riku even more tired, wanting to sleep. He had stopped at the last village, only to get more food and supplies. Riku reached into his pocket to see how much money he had.

Well, this might get me a night at the inn.

Riku walked up to the inn, wanting to rest and regain his strength. As Riku walked in, a man, a little bigger than the townsfolk, saw him enter the small inn.

"Well hello! How may I help you today, sir?"

"Hi, I was wondering how much it was for a room for the night?"

"Well, I haven't seen too many people come in. I'll give you a deal, only ten gold, five less than the usual price."

Riku put the ten gold pieces on the counter.

"Thank you! Your room is the first one on the right."

Riku took the key and walked inside the room. Immediately, he walked over to the bed and fell on his back. Riku sat back up and took a deep breath. The nightmares hadn't stopped, not ever since Sora closed the door to Kingdom Hearts. Riku could still remember losing control and being possessed by Ansem. Riku kicked off his shoes and laid on the bed. He would be getting up in the morning very early to find Sora and Kairi. Riku hoped that the two would be together in a group by now, since he did tell Sora to take care of her. Riku closed his eyes and went to sleep.