Fan Fiction ❯ The Fallen Guardian ❯ Reoku It Is! ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"Hmmm, I can't keep calling you Fallen Guardian, you need a name." Kairi thought about a name for the messenger. Then she came up with the name for him.

"What?"

"I know what I'll call you from now on!"

"What's that?" The boy didn't seem too excited, but that didn't stop Kairi.

"How about Reoku?"

"Reoku?"

"What? Don't you like that name?"

"No, it's not that, it's just…different."

"Reoku it is!" Kairi said, as she started to laugh. Reoku had a confused look on his face, wondering what she was so happy about.

"So, do you remember where you're from Reoku?" Reoku dropped his head, and brought his hand up to his chin, rubbing it like he was trying to think. He brought his hand down and started shaking his head side to side slowly. He brought his head up and looked at Kairi.

"No, I don't remember anything. The only think I remember is waking up, and a boy about the same age as me, maybe younger, was looking at me. He said that his name was Sora, and if I knew a girl named Kairi. I told him I didn't know her, and then he asked if I heard of the Heartless. Somehow, I knew the Heartless and that they were the enemy. Then, he asked if I could try to find her because I was a Heartless."

"If you were a Heartless, why didn't he kill you?" Kairi asked. Sora really was alive and was trying to find her. Kairi tried to keep the excitement inside.

"He told me that a Heartless called a white mushroom told him not to when he would find me, and that I would be of use to Sora. Anyways, he asked me to travel to this island since he didn't lock the door, and to protect you until he got back. When I was traveling, I saw the true Heartless, and I didn't want to be one of them. That's why I cut my arm, so I wouldn't be recognized as one of them, even though I still am."

"But how did you get here?" Reoku started to seem irritated. He looked away, trying to avoid eye contact with Kairi. Kairi followed his eyes not giving up on Reoku to give her more clues where Sora could be.

"I came through the door to your world. Because Sora wasn't able to get through to this world, he wasn't able to lock it. That means the Heartless could come back, just like me. Except, I'm not going to let them take the island. Sora wasn't able to lock it the first time because it was too late; the Heartless came and took the place. But with this Keyblade, the Heartless don't stand a chance."

Reoku turned around and pointed to the Keyblade on his back. It was like an angel's wing, except the wings were black instead of white. The length was as long as Sora's, but unlike Sora's Keyblade, there wasn't a place to put any key chains. Kairi took a step back once again, remembering what she had told Sora.

You bring that back, you hear? That's my lucky charm. Promise?

Yeah, I promise.

Kairi shook her head, trying to keep the memories away. He said he was going to return the charm back to Kairi, and Kairi wasn't about to forget it. But if she had a choice between Sora and Sora's promise, she would chose Sora, hands down. And she wasn't going to give up on that hope. With Reoku here, she was sure he could help her see Sora, and possibly Riku, again, she was sure of it.