Fan Fiction ❯ The Fallen Guardian ❯ Changes...For The Worse... ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The worlds would be back to normal, or that's what Leon told Sora. He was wrong, all Sora did was seal the door to the Heartless, he never completely eliminated the enemy. And over time, Sora, Goofy, and Donald started noticing changes in the Heartless. A change that was a threat to the three. Slowly, but surely, the Heartless were evolving, becoming bigger and stronger. Lying in bed in a room Goofy rented for the night, Sora still couldn't get over what the letter said that Pluto had, even though it was almost a week ago. Sora was sure Goofy and Donald were deeply affected from the letter.

Dear Sora, Goofy, and Donald:

I'm sorry about the loss. When you guys closed the door to Kingdom Hearts, King Mickey tried to finish off the Heartless for good. I tried, Mickey and I fought to the very end. Unfortunately, the end was when King Mickey's Keyblade was knocked out of his hands, and plunged into the darkness. I tried to save him, but the Heartless were too powerful. Something's gone awfully wrong. The Heartless are meaner and stronger than the ones back on the island. Goofy, Donald, once again I am very sorry for your loss. Sora, I hope you were able to get Kairi back to the island. Don't try to mail me back; I've been going to other worlds to find a way to get back to Destiny Island. Try to find your way back to the island. See if Goofy and Donald want to go to the island with you. Hope to see you soon Sora. Good luck!

Sincerely,

Riku

The news got to Donald and Goofy by the second sentence due to the words "loss" and "King Mickey". They knew that the king didn't speak in the fourth person. I didn't want to say anything to them, I knew it was a big loss to them, and it would be to anybody else who knew him. Sora looked out the window from the bed. The moon was full and bright, exposing the other houses and stores from the dark world. Tomorrow, Donald, Goofy, and me are going to look for either Riku or Kairi. Sora pulled out Kairi's lucky charm, remembering his promise.

I will return it to you Kairi…I will return your lucky charm…even if it means the Heartless claiming my Keyblade…just like King Mickey…I promise.