Fan Fiction ❯ The Final Crusade ❯ The Dark Champion Enters ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

The Final Crusade

Chapter 3: The Dark Champion Enters

"Lights." Jon walked into the house that he shared with Shay. Some might consider it a mansion, but that is what you get when you get when you were both the leader of the army of the gods and a close friend of the gods.

At the sound of his voice the lights went on and he was shot in the chest with a streak of blue fur.

"Hello, Totoro." Totoro was then name of his pet NekoBasu. He was blue and fluffy with black stripes. At the moment he resembled his normal form except smaller. The sign above the windows at the front said "Master's arms".

After he put down Totoro, he was knocked over by his beloved wife. Her purple eyes shining happily and her wavy purple hair was blowing in the wind created by her run into her husband's arms. Jon didn't wear his mask and helmet around the house, so his smile of happiness and love was plainly evident for all around him to see. Shay sat on his chest and because he didn't need to breath, he was okay with that.

All to soon, the beep of the Com orb that the gods used to talk over long distances was heard. Shay got off Jon's broad chest and walked into the living room. When she is sure that Jon is seated, she takes her place in his lap and Totoro by his side.

Jon triggered the Com-orb by placing his large hand over it. Recognizing it's master, it project the image of the caller, in this case Anubis, on the blank wall opposite it.

Anubis's face wore a look of fear, something that was rare for him. "Jon, the beast has found the Yogo-sha no Aku!"

Jon summoned his Jackal head mask and his helmet with the ears that completed his Anubis-like appearance.

"Anubis, this had better not be a joke." The mask, which shifted expressions to match it's wearer, wore a look of half hatred and half anger.

Anubis looked even more frightened. "No sir! I swear! He really has awakened!"

For every planet the Beast has taken, there is a champion of evil. On earth it was Jesus Christ. <Just like I am the hero of polytheism,> Jon thought <He is the champion of monotheism.>

After grabbing Totoro, The Kesshi no Kami went out the door. He placed the animal on the ground out side and snapped and the house cat sized creature grew to the size of a small school bus. The bottom of the window closest to the front of the bus sunk down and formed a door.

Just as Jon was about to board the bus, he heard the voice of his beloved.

"Wait for me!" She rushed out, wearing her "battle armor". It was the kind of armor you see on female video game characters that should offer no protection what so ever, yet functions normally. It came with an attached tail that seemed to be a real tail attached to her body and a head band with feline style ears. The tail was covered in purple fur that was fluffy, like the tail of a Persian cat and the ears were purple and had little tufts at the tips, like the ears of a lynx.

Jon smiles and steps aside, always the gentle man. Shay enters the vehicle and waits for him to sit down. When he sits down, she takes a seat in his lap, her back against his chest. She put her hands around his neck and snuggled her head against his chest. He put his hands around her waist and nuzzled the top of her head. "Next stop, Resistance HQ." Totoro's voice called out and they were off.

Totoro hurtled through the streets of downtown Tokyo. One would wonder why the gods hadn't chosen to take back Egypt. The answer was that The gods drew power from the imagination of mortals. The people of Tokyo had very powerful imaginations. From their minds were born the NekoBasu and the mechs that the revolution used. Both of these were created/found long before the appearance of the gods. But they were found by Jon.

He had always had a strong imagination and using the power of the imaginations of the people of Tokyo, he forged the WingKey. With it he unsealed the Kami-plane and with it the elves, dragons, gryffons, phoenixes and other so called "mythological" beings who had retreated there when the beast came. Also there were the NekoBasu who had been a major help to the Resistance.

The plans for the first mechs were pulled from the imagination of both Jon and the growing number of anime writers. Then the Grey appeared and gave the Resistance the ability to build them.

The whole ride there, Jon and Shay cuddled. He nuzzled her neck and she would purr in pleasure. Finally they arrived and Totoro's announcer voice called out "Last stop, everybody out!" The door opened and Jon helped his wife disembark.

The door closed and Jon clapped twice, causing Totoro to return to his housecat sized chibi form. The approached the main door, where they were met by their bodyguards. They approached the side of the door and a hidden panel slid open and a key pad was revealed. Jon deftly typed in a series of numbers and hit the "enter" key. Another hidden panel slid open and revealed a card key slot. Jon pulled a card key out of his subspace pocket and slid it through the slot. The reader beeped and the doors slid open with a hiss.

Jon lead the party to Anubis's office. The door was open and what they saw inside rendered them speechless. Bastet was sitting an Anubis's lap and they were engaged in a lip lock that put an of Jon's and Shay's to shame. Bastet was sitting with her back against Anubis's chest. Bastet had her hands around Anubis's neck and he had his arms around her waist. When everybody came to their senses, Shay let out a slight giggle that didn't cut through the world that only held Bastet and Anubis. Jon cleared his throat and Anubis and Bastet shot five feet up in the air. When they came down, they looked to see who had managed to break through the barrier they placed around the room. As if sensing their thoughts Jon smirked and said "Its just me. That barrier was only meant to keep out Ptah, wasn't it?" Both nodded their heads very quickly. "Was it the kind of barrier that physically keeps them out or a more subtle one?"

By now Their wits had returned and they were able to speak. Anubis was the first to speak. "It was rather ingenious if I do say so myself. If he just looked through the door, he would have seen Bastet and I talking and even would have heard the conversation. If he had tried to walk into the room, he would suddenly think of something else he needed to do. Thoth built the projector and designed the spell."

"Hey, Bas-chan, why don't you just divorce him and marry Anubis?"

"Because that would make him angry at me and he is much more powerful than me? How is that for a good reason?"

"True. But Anubis and I are both rank 19 gods and we would both protect you. Now what was this about the Yogo-sha no Aku awakening?"

Anubis gulped and hit a button on the keyboard in front of him. A map of the world appeared in the air above the desk. Then he hit another key and it zoomed in on North America, then on the Untied States, then on New England, then Massachusetts, Then finally on the Boston area. "You all know my life story. Doesn't anyone notice the irony that this map shows?" Jon's voice held a cold anger directed not at any one person but at the universe itself. Shay smiled when she noticed that Jon was trying very hard not direct his anger at fate.

Shay was the first to figure what it was. "That is right near where you grew up, isn't it?"

Jon smiled at his wife. "You are close, but you are way off. That is exactly where I grew up. Jon sent a telepathic message to Anubis and he nodded and hit some keys on his keyboard. First it zoomed in on an area marked Brookline. Then it showed a street map then in on a street called Kelten and then on a house marked 264. The whole time the dot marking the home base of the Yogo-sha no Aku grew into the image of the house Jon had lived in as a child.

Then a photograph was shown. It showed the same spot. But they house was missing. In it's place was a small cathedral with a cross above the door. Below it were some glyphs. Jon tapped the spot with the glyphs and the camera zoomed in on them. Jon stared at them. "They say 'As :Lazarus rose, so hath I'. And it says more below that but I can't read it from this zoom level. Jon tapped the holoscreen and it zoomed in on the glyphs. "What the hell?! 'P.S. : We have teddy!' But I put teddy in a vacuum chamber when they were first invented! Wait, there's more." He clicked on the image again and it zoomed in on the new set of glyphs. "It says, 'One of our agents snuck into your house and stole him'. What ever happened to Thou Shalt not steal?"

Shay opened her telepathic link to Bastet and Anubis. ~Does it strike anyone else as odd that every time Jon-sama says something, the glyphs on that building respond?~

~Good point.~

Shay did the only thing that was certain to get him to shut up, namely, tackling him and covering his lips with her own. He responded to the kiss and wrapped his arms around her hips. She put her arms around his neck. ~I'm going to stop this soon. Do you promise to stay quiet? You know what happens if you disobey me.~ There was a seductive hint to her mindvoice.

~Yes love.~ As they stood up, Jon took note of the new glyphs <'Times change.'> They closed the picture.

"What now?" Anubis asked

"Well that's easy. We go in there, take back Teddy and seal the Yogo-sha no Aku. We leave in the morning. Get a good night's sleep.

---------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------

As Jon lay in bed that night, he thought about what was too come. <I will put my brother to rest.>

To be continued...

How did everybody like it?

By the way, Yogo-sha no Aku means Champion of Evil.

[\