Fan Fiction ❯ The Final Crusade ❯ Enter the Shadows ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Disclaimer: This story is very sacrilegious. All characters either belong to me or are my interpretation of ancient mythological characters.

The Final Crusade: Enter The Shadows
By HououKageMusha




The resistance heavy battle cruiser Cerberus was on a routine patrol/recon mission when it noticed the ship. It bore a resemblance to Grey heavy fighter but it bore strange markings and was blood red where the Grey fighters were silver.
The markings it bore looked to be the markings of resistance, but they were inverted. It also bore other markings like what looked suspiciously like a human skull.

As was procedure, they first checked looked at the patterns and paint colors of Grey heavy fighters. The markings it bore and the color were not listed so they knew it was either a new species or an offshoot of the Greys. They checked the Grey history books and learned that the was indeed an offshoot of the Grey that used this color pattern. That didn't explain the markings, but it was a start. The Kesshi no Kami, Shay and their Rymyn bodyguards were on board and the were called to the bridge. He took one look at the ship and said, "Commander, target the skull glyph with all weapons." The mighty hero's deep voice told them that he knew what he was doing.

The Cerberus was heavily armed, which was appropriate seeing as it was a heavy battle cruiser. Among its armament is twenty Zeus cannons (which are a kind of beam weapon), twenty nine plasma Vulcan cannons, twenty five Artemis tactical nuclear missile launchers and the strongest resistance weapon, the Chronos Cannon. The Chronos Cannon uses a beam of divine energy to punch a hole in the time/space continuum on it's target. This deals massive damage and once the target is gone, the hole seals.

The problem with the Chronos is that it drained a lot of energy from the god or goddess piloting it. Which is why most ships that carried this weapon had TWO gods or goddess, usual one of each that were heartbonded together, standing by. The Kesshi no Kami and Shay nodded to each other, sat down in the thrones placed the helmets over their heads and reached their hands out, instinctively knowing where the others hand was.

The reason the batteries, of lack of a better word, being heartbonded was important was because it allowed them to think in tandem. It also meant that the energy they gave off was uniform. It was a mixture of the two of their energies.

The firing of this weapon allowed the Kesshi no Kami a chance to think. His thoughts drifted back to when he first laid eyes on the divine woman that sat beside him. Once he had managed to free the main gods and goddess, he, along with the just freed deities set about freeing their less powerful coworkers. Among the first sets deities he freed was a face he had hoped to see, but hadn't ever expected to. He ran to her and when she realized who was holding her, she wrapped her arms around him and snuggled her head into his chest.

Jon! Shay, goddess of destiny, had found the man of her dreams...again. A long time ago, the gods discovered that they could escape their imprisonment by sending their immortal spirits into mortal forms. Shay had encountered Jon during her mortal life. They had fallen in love and married. She knew that he was not immortal and asked Ra what he could do.
The demonic sealing capsules prevented Ra from making Jon immortal directly.

But he still could do it. He transferred the knowledge of how to cast the spell and the power to do it through Shay's divine body to her mortal body. She cast the spell. But the energy of the spell destroyed her mortal body. By the time she had gathered the energy to create another mortal body, he had already found her and freed her.

To the people outside the haze the draining process, a beam of golden light fired from the ankh symbol just above the bridge. The beam, along with forty nine other beams of energy and twenty five missiles struck the skull glyph and the ship was surrounded in a halo of light and vanished.

"P-permission to s-speak s-sir?" The captain of the ship, which the Kesshi no Kami had taken as his flagship, piped up in a timid voice.

"Permission granted."

"W-what w-was that, s-sir?"

"That was the Shadow's flagship, the Akukami." The immortal hero's helmeted face bore a grim smile that was plainly obvious even through the jackal's head shaped helmet he wore.

"The Sh-shadows, sir?" While the soldier had gotten his bravery back, the fear was rapidly being replaced confusion.

"The Shadows were one of the first groups to be seduced by the beast. They were once Greys."

"Oh. And why did it vanish like that?"

"Because the Beast keeps them confined in a subspace dimension and that glyph marks where the system that keeps in this dimension is located.

"If we are no longer needed, you know know where to find us." The Kesshi no Kami hooked his arm around Shay's slim waist and she snuggled into his shoulder. As they walked away, they talked in a language none of the people on the bridge understood and every so often, Shay's musical laughter could be heard.


Meanwhile in the room that The Kesshi no Kami shared with Shay, They sat on the bed caressing each other and shared a deep kiss. Then the Video Screen beeped and they separated. Jon pulled Shay into his lap and stroked her flat stomach while he waited for the program to start up

When it did start up, it showed the face of Anubis. They always used Anubis as the go-between between the gods and the Kesshi no Kami.
We sensed the firing of a Chronos Cannon in your area. Why did you use it? Anubis's voice was always calm. It was deep and echoey.
We ran into the Shadows. After speaking, the Kesshi no Kami looked behind him and his eyes glowed, finally emitting twin beams of deep blue light, striking an orb of black shadow, destroying it in a flash of blue light. A marble rolled on the ground and the Kesshi no Kami picked it up and examined it. Set. The Kesshi no Kami growled out the word.
My love, what was that? Shay was pretty sure she already knew but want to be certain.
It really makes me feel bad to say this, but that was a bug. I'm pretty sure that Set placed it there.
Shay turned around in the Kesshi no Kami's lap and presses her body to his, wrapping her arms around his neck and snuggling into his chest. My love, why do you hate Set so much? He never did anything to you.
<Shay, you always were the voice of reason.> Jon thought. I hate him because I blame him for the state the world is in. If he had a stronger will like the rest of the gods, he wouldn't have been possessed by the Beast, he wouldn't have imprisoned you guys, and the Beast wouldn't have control of the world. I could lead a simple life with you.

I suppose. Jon took Shay in his arms and pressed his lips to hers and wrapped his arms around her slim waist. She brought her hands around his neck and kissed back hungrily
Anubis, who had long since gotten the answers he called for, had hung up.

??