Fan Fiction ❯ The Fun of Jealously ❯ Chapter One ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Authors Note: This is a revised version. It is a lot easier to read and understand. Thanks SuperSaraMoon.

 

The Fun of Jealously

--------------------------------

Disclaimer: I don't own Kingdom Hearts or any of the Final Fantasy characters involved.

Chapter One

--------------------------------

 

 

Things were going all wrong. The day had just started and it was going wrong.

 

It was suppose to be Him and Cloud, why? WHY?! He fucken hates Riku for taking Cloud away. Even though they had broken up a month ago, that did not mean it didn't hurt like a bitch to see him move on.

 

Leon had left quickly into solitude after seeing the new couple together. Now he had his forehead resting on his arm, leaning against a wall in an abandoned hallway. His eyes were closed and his breath shallow, he was trying not to feel the full effect of his heartbreaking. Hearing soft foot steps he looked up and saw Kairi with a small sympathetic smile walking towards him.

 

"Hey... I heard about Cloud and Riku, I'm really sorry Leon." She said gently, slowly placing a hand on his shoulder, which he quickly shrugged off.

 

Nothing was said between the two of them for several minutes before Kairi decided to break the silence. "You want to make Cloud jealous?" Kairi questions suddenly, "Because if you do, I know just the way to do it."

 

He hesitated a little before he responded to her question. "I doubt he'd be jealous of you Kairi." He stated seriously.

 

She sent him an icy glare as he turns around she exclaimed, "What is that MEAN!?" before she lightly punched him in the arm and giggled quietly, "I wasn't even talking about me, but I do know just the man to get them jealous."

 

Leon looked at her for a second and then dazed off contemplating if he should actually try to get Cloud jealous. He just couldn't believe that his long time boyfriend would leave him for Riku, his jaw clenched and fist tightened just thinking about how stupid he was to have once considered Riku a trusted friend.

 

"Do I know him?" Leon asks not yet breaking his daze.

 

"Nope…but if you agree then you will!" Kairi declares cheerfully, grabbing his hand and snapping his attention towards her, "Don't worry about it, he is really good looking. If anything you won't even want Cloud back after you take one look at him!"

 

Arching his eyebrow in curiosity Leon wanted to know more, "Who is this person?" he asks, stating to actually consider the idea.

 

"My cousin, he'd do anything for me." She smirked, "So do you want me to call him up or are you going to let this stupid relationship go on?"

 

"...Why do you want to help me?" His usually indifference voice actually held true questioning and curiosity.

 

"I don't like to see you like this…" she paused for a second and then shrugged, "Also I don't like Riku, and Cloud is being a total dumbass. So I think that you should show that you aren't going to wait and in the process get your Cloud back."

 

Leon's brain was telling him that he was being stupid but something inside told him that he's doing the right thing... and that it was his only chance, "Call him," and with that he left Kairi by herself with a large grin spread across her face as the bell for first class rang.

 

--------------------------------

 

Lunch came faster then Kairi remembered, but then again, her thoughts had been completely full with plans on how she was going to ask Sora to be Leon's new boyfriend. It seemed like a really good idea at the time, but now she wondered if Sora would end up getting hurt in the process.

 

No, he's smarter than that. If I tell him what's up then he'll play along. She thought, and nodded to herself to confirm her thoughts.

 

She was sitting in the chair surrounding her table, next to her was Leon, and across from him was Selphie. Tidus and Wakka were on their way over with a tray staked with their food.

 

Tidus sat next to Leon and Wakka across from Tidus, next to Selphie. This was their usual seating arrangement, but now instead of Riku at Kairi's side, there sat Leon, and vice versa.

 

Kairi seriously didn't like the way that Riku had that cocky look of satisfaction as he intertwined his fingers with Cloud's. It seemed like they were putting on a show just to make Leon jealous. However, her face sported a huge grin as she turned towards Leon knowing that everyone could hear what she was about to say.

 

"Leon you know who's coming down soon, right?" she questioned him as she got his attention, as well as everyone else's. "He said he couldn't wait to see you again."

 

Leon looked at her, genuinely confused "No, who?" he asks as he started to take a bite of his turkey sandwich.

 

"Sora! My cousin, you remember the one that came down 3 weeks ago. You two couldn't keep your hands off each other." Kairi exclaimed as she shot a quick look at Riku and Cloud, noticing that both their faces had faulted slightly.

 

Leon choked on his sandwich when Kairi finished her statement, a blush rapidly forming on his cheeks. Surprisingly, Leon wasn't the first one to talk after her statement, it was Riku.

 

"Sora was down?" His voice was thick and filled with disbelief, causing Leon to stare at him questionably as Kairi just looked on at him with a silly grin on her face.

 

"Yeah, for that weekend," She answers, then added, "He was looking for you too Riku, but you were busy and then Leon came over. And then…" she ended with a giggle, letting them draw there own conclusions.

 

"Sora asked about me?" Leon asks Kairi, understanding what she was playing at now, catching a quick glance at Cloud whose eyes blazed with an untold jealously.

 

"He seemed a little shy to but yeah, it's great because he is going to be transferring to the school soon too. So you'll have plenty of time with him now." She winked and nudged him with her elbow.

 

It seemed like Selphie was about to comment because her eyes were really bright and wild looking but the bell that ended lunch rang and then they all started to head back to class.

 

Kairi couldn't help but feel a little self-satisfaction at the way Riku's face looked as she talked on with Leon about Sora. How she is going to love this situation.

 

--------------------------------

 

 

It was the end of the school day and Kairi was on her way home when she was stopped on the sidewalk by Leon, who was running fast to catch up with her.

 

"Nice stunt you pulled back there at lunch," he congratulated her with a smirk before he added, "But have you even talked to that Sora kid yet?" He questioned her as they started walking side-by-side up the street.

 

"Well...no... But he'll agree on it for me." Kairi answered, trying to calm down the now livid Leon.

 

They walked up the street to the point they take there separate ways, when Leon decided to speak his mind, "I can't believe I agreed to do this in the first place. I lied to everyone for no reason." He stated, running a hand through his mass of long brown hair.

 

"You can't back out now!" She yelled as she grabbed his shoulders and turning him so he was looking at her. "Trust me, everything will work out fine. Leave it to me!" Then she started to walk away from him before turning around and adding, "Besides did you see the look on Riku's face…priceless. Well, I'll call you later Leon, see ya!" she waved as she continued on her way.

 

Leon gave a small wave back and turned the corner onto his own street.

 

What am I getting myself into...

--------------------------------

END OF CHAPTER

--------------------------------

Authors Note: I hope that you liked this first chapter, so I'm just getting into the story. I've had it on my mind for a while and I know that my fans of the Transfer Student will kill me for writing this and not updating but I hope that everyone that read it enjoyed it.

-ChibiYuffie1

Review Please!