Fan Fiction ❯ The Future ❯ Episode 002: A Drunken Collie ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Future

By: Foxy Snow Angel

Episode 002: A Drunken Collie

Everyone was staring at her like she had sprouted nine more heads or something. She had moved so close to Rimu that she was practically in his lap. She looked around the room and noticed that all the dogs in the bar were drunk or getting there and that worried her even more. She reached up and grabbed one of Rimu's ears and pulled his head down to her level.

"Hey watch the ears. What is it?" Rimu asked as he leaned down so she could whisper something in his ear.

"Can we please leave, Rimu they are scaring me." Airmira said and let go of his ear.

Rimu looked at her for a minute and then he kind of laughed at her expression on her face. "Don't worry they won't bother you and if they do then they'll have me to deal with." Rimu said and went back to drinking his beer.

Airmira looked at him confused. Did he just say that he would protect her if they tried to hurt her? About ten minutes later, Rimu had gone to talk to the bar tender and left Airmira sitting all alone at the bar. She didn't dare turn around and look behind her because she could just feel all the men's piercing gazes on her back. 'Oh that idiot why didn't he take me with him, I'm going to die I just know it.' Airmira thought as she clenched her hand around her drink.

"Hey I wonder what that beautiful young dog is doing with that piece of shit wolf. Why don't we go over and see if she's looking for a little fun tonight what do you say guys?" A teenage dog boy said, he had long dark brown hair that was tied up in a high ponytail and small fuzzy brown dog ears on top of his head and a brown fluffy dog tail. His eyes were a crystal blue color with speaks of white in them making him look so mysterious.

"Sure sounds good to me but I don't think she's my type so why don't you go by yourself." One of his friends said.

"Are you sure?" He asked them with a drunken smile.

"Yea go have some fun Gobara." His friend said again with a smile plastered across his face.

"All right then." Gobara said and got up out of his chair and started to walk toward Airmira.

She heard foot steps and with out knowing what she was actually doing she turned around to see Gobara coming toward her. She gasped and turned back around in a flash her long hair swishing as she did so.

'Oh god where is Rimu when you really need him the big jerk leaving me here all alone in a bar full of drunken idiots.' Airmira thought as she mentally cussed Rimu out for leaving her. Airmira jumped when she felt a hand on her shoulder. She turned around slowly to see Gobara smiling down at her. She could smell liquor all over him and she didn't like the smell at all. "Y...yes," Airmira shuttered.

Gobara smiled at her and then leaned down and whispered something in her ear. "Walk with me out side I can't act like myself in here with my friends." Gobara whispered and then he pulled away and looked down at Airmira.

She looked at him for a minute and then nodded and got up and walked out the door with Gobara. She could hear his friends whistling and making inappropriate noises.

"Why do you want to talk to me?" Airmira asked when she knew they were far enough away from the bar.

Gobara turned and smiled at her. "Well for starters I thought you were very beautiful and...um I can't think of anything else." Gobara said and smiled at her dumbly and scratched the back of his head and laughed a little.

"Ouch," Airmira said and put her hand on her face and shook her head at how stupid some dogs could be.

"What," Gobara asked a little confused at her actions to his answer.

"Rimu was right most dogs are stupid." Airmira said and then she opened her eyes and then she jumped back when she saw Gobara right up in her face. "What do you want now?" Airmira asked as she backed away from him a little.

"Is he your mate or something?" Gobara asked and then he found himself up against the wall and his head hurt.

"You stupid mutt no he isn't he's just my friend why in the hell would you think something like that!" Airmira yelled at Gobara and started to go after him again but was stopped when some one wrapped their arm around her waist. She turned to see Rimu looking at her and smiling. "Rimu what took you so long and why did you leave me back there all alone in a room full of drunken dogs!" Airmira yelled at Rimu and he let go of her and stood beside of Gobara.

"How do you put up with her?" Gobara asked as he rubbed his forehead.

"I've only been traveling with her for a day and I'm already regretting letting her follow me around." Rimu said and then he wished he hadn't.

"Rimu," Airmira said in a cold tone that was almost a whisper and that made chills go down Rimu and Gobara's spines.

"I think we're in trouble." Gobara said and moved behind Rimu.

"Airmira calm down I was just joking." Rimu said and held his hands up in front of him in defense.

"Oh you just shut! Just because you're a wolf and I'm a dog doesn't make me an idiot!" Airmira yelled at Rimu who just backed up as her tone got louder.

"I didn't say that please calm down Airmira." Rimu said and walked forward about two steps before he was hit in the nose.

"Gobara come here." Airmira said and held her finger up and motioned him to come to her.

"I may be drunk but I'm not stupid." Gobara said and turned and started to walk away but was stopped when he saw his friends walking toward him.

"Hey Gobara did you have fun with the little doggy babe yet?" A middle aged dog man with white hair and brown eyes asked. He also had a dog's snout and long hound dog ears.

"Don't call her that Myou she's a lot nicer than you think, or I think she is." Gobara said and turned back to look at Airmira.

"You think I'm nice, Gobara?" Airmira asked and smiled at him sweetly.

"Yes isn't that what I just said." Gobara said and smiled back at her.

"Ok so you're saying that you didn't have the nerve to try any thing with her, Gobara." Myou said and moved over next to Airmira and grabbed her around the waist. "Come on let's find a hotel babe and I'll show you what a real dog is like. Or would you prefer that piece of shit wolf to a man of your own species?" Myou asked and then leaned over and tried to kiss Airmira.

"I would appreciate it if you would leave the lady alone sir." Rimu said and held his sword's end right at Myou's nose.

"Get out of my way wolf." Myou said and pushed Rimu's sword away but when he did his sword sliced his wrist making blood pour down his arm. "Damn wolf you'll pay for that." Myou said as he grabbed his wrist.

"I don't think he will Myou." Gobara said and walked up next to Rimu with his arms crossed.

"Gobara are you siding with this wolf?" Myou asked a little bit of confusion and hurt in his voice as he stared at his friend.

"Yes," Was all Gobara said and looked at his friend with disappointment on his face. "You may call Rimu a piece of shit but that's only because you just know that he's a wolf if he were a dog this would be a totally different situation now wouldn't it Myou?" Gobara asked and looked at his friend with his arms crossed.

"Why do you take this wolf over your own friend you don't even know him." Myou said and pointed at Rimu. "And that bitch isn't worthy to be called a dog she's nothing but a tramp, why would a dog woman ever want a wolf." Myou said and growled at Airmira who was standing behind Rimu.

"Don't talk about Airmira like that and don't talk about Rimu like that either. They are both ten times better than you will ever be and I've only known them for what a few minutes and I can already tell that." Gobara said and walked over to Rimu and Airmira and smiled at them both.

"Gobara, thank you." Airmira said and smiled at Gobara sweetly.

Airmira looked at Gobara and smiled and then she spun her head around to look at Rimu who just happen to be growling very lightly. 'Why is he growling what's wrong with him?' Airmira thought as she stared at the side of Rimu's head until he turned and looked at her.

Rimu turned and looked at Airmira. 'Opps she must have heard that. What do I tell her if she asked what it was about?' Rimu thought as he looked into Airmira's eyes. 'She looks so innocent and vulnerable, no wonder I feel happy around her. She's the first true friend I have ever had.' Rimu thought and smiled at the thought of her smiling.

"Why were you growling?" Airmira asked in almost a whisper as she looked at Rimu with a look of worry on her face.

"Oh it was nothing don't worry about it." Rimu said and turned his gaze back toward Myou who was walking up to him.

"Is this dog your mate or something because I heard you growl when we were talking about her." Myou said and looked Rimu straight in the eyes.

"No she is not my mate, I don't have a mate." Rimu said and looked at the dog in front of him with anger obvious on his face and in his tone of voice.

"Well then you won't mind if we take her then will you wolf boy." Myou said and reached over and grabbed Airmira by the arm and then he felt a sword's tip at his throat.

"Let go of her," Rimu said in a threatening tone and his eyes flashed from their natural color to a solid white.

"Rimu," Airmira said and put her hand on his hand, which made him lower his sword. "Don't hurt any one over me." She said and smiled at him when he sheathed his sword and turned and walked off a little and then turned to wait for her.

She followed him and then they both turned and looked at Gobara who was walking up to them. "Do you think it would be too much trouble if I came with you?" Gobara asked a little bit of pleading in his voice.

Airmira and Rimu looked at each other and then Airmira looked at Gobara and smiled. "Sure I don't see any problem with it as long as you stay away form me when you're drunk, dog." Airmira said and then the three walked down the street side by side.

"I can't believe that he stood up for that wolf and that slut of a dog over his own friends." Myou said as he watched them walk away.

"Yea but don't worry we'll find them again and make them pay for what they have done, and that includes Gobara." Another older dog said as he walked out of the shadows. He had long black hair and sapphire eyes that seemed to have flames in them when the light hit them. He also had dog feet and a dog's snout.

"Yea I hope we do Dario because I can't wait to cut that damn trader's head off and then kill that piece of shit wolf." Myou said with an evil smirk on his face as he thought of what he could do to the trio when they met again.

Author's Note: Well here you go episode two. If you would like to know some more information about the characters please feel free to email me your questions and I will answer them the best that I can. If you don't want to go to my bio to get my email address it is monoko77@bellsouth.net.