Fan Fiction ❯ The Future ❯ Episode 001: The Lone Wolf ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Future

By: Silver Inu Youkai

Episode 001: The Lone Wolf

It was the year 2045, the earth had gone through and intense change and all the inhabitants had changed along with it. There had been a nuclear war between Russia and America and it had ended the world, as we know it today. All the inhabitants had gone through a change and now were all part animal and human. There were different tribes that didn't associate with each other. It was against the law for a wolf to associate with a horse or a cow to associate with a fish. But yet a young member of the wolf tribe had set out to change the law and he believe that all the tribes should live together and not shun each other just because they are different animals.

The young mans name is Rimu Unazuma. He has short silver and black hair with white wolf ears protruding from the base of his head; he also has a wolf's tail that is a snowy white color with some silvery blue streaks in it. His eyes are a silvery blue. He is the son of the leader of the wolf tribe but he does not believe that his father's ways are right so he has set out on his own.

He has made it to a city that is known as the City of the Dogs. The dogs even though a part of the wolf family were not considered as part of the wolf's tribe and were sent out, as a tribe of there own. Rimu walked down a deserted ally and looked at the ground as he walked. He always kept a sword by his side that his father had given him when he was younger. He made his way out into the street and he noticed all different colors of dogs running around trying to get to where they needed to be. All the half-animal and half-human inhabitants had human body's but they also had an animal form and when they were not in it they had some traits of the animal that they were part of.

Rimu walked down the street his hands in his pockets not making eye contact with any of the dogs. He could hear them saying things about him.

"I wonder why a wolf would be all the way here and not back with the wolf tribe?" An older dog with black hair and a dog's snout asked his mate.

"I don't know dear but doesn't he remind you of the leader of the wolf's son...what was his name again oh yes, Rimu Unazuma." A slightly younger dog woman said she had long red hair with emerald green eyes and she had dog feet and paws.

Rimu looked up at someone who had stopped up in front of him. "Can I help you?" Rimu asked the young dog woman standing in front of him.

"I was just wondering why a wolf would come here to the City of the Dogs?" The young dog woman asked him. She had long black hair that was tied back in a lose ponytail and she had dog feet and a dogs tail. Her eyes were a strange shade of violet that seemed to sparkle in streetlights.

"None of your business." Rimu said and walked around her.

"Well you don't have to be so rude; I see now why dogs don't associate with wolves. Dogs have better manners." The girl said and turned her nose up and started to walk off but was stopped when someone said some thing.

"Hey what's your name dog?" Rimu asked a bit of annoyance in his voice because he didn't like someone calling him rude and saying that he didn't have manners.

"Airmira Tomikara, why?" Airmira asked a little bit of confusion obvious in her voice as she stared at Rimu.

"I was just wondering, why are you talking to me you know it's against the law for a dog to talk to a wolf." Rimu said as he walked back over to her and stood and looked down at her.

"Oh I hate that stupid law. I mean what's the point of it? The only thing that stupid law does is cause wars between the different species." Airmira said and looked down at her hands and a single tear ran down her face.

"I'm sorry I shouldn't have brought it up. Where is your family?" Rimu asked as he looked around their surroundings.

"I...I don't have a family, my mother was all I had and she was killed off in the last war between the tigers." Airmira said in a sad and lonely tone as she moved over to the sidewalk and sat down on the pavement.

"I'm sorry, the tigers are a vicious group who are only out for the blood of others and I know that for a fact." Rimu said and sat down next to her.

Airmira turned and looked at Rimu and smiled at him sweetly. "Why are you out here you never told me that." Airmira said and smiled at his face expression.

"I'm just a wonderer." Is all he said and got up and started to walk off again but was stopped when he heard someone running after him. "What do you want now?" Rimu asked as he turned around to see Airmira running after him.

"I was just wondering if..uhm...do you think I could..." Airmira started to say but she was having trouble getting it out.

"What just say it already." Rimu said getting impatience with Airmira as she fiddled with her hands.

"Do you think you would mind if I came with you?" Airmira asked and looked up at Rimu with hope in her eyes.

Rimu looked down at her and he really didn't know what to say no one had ever wanted to come with him they usually just shunned him because he wasn't like every one else.

"Well," Airmira asked again because he wasn't answering her.

"Why would you want to come traveling with me?" Rimu asked confused and still trying to figure out why she would want to actually travel with him.

"Well I was just thinking that since you don't have any one and I don't have any one. I just thought we could travel together and that way at least we would know that we have one friend in this stupid world." Airmira said and smiled at him.

"You..want to be my friend?" Rimu asked confusion in his voice as he looked at the pretty young dog girl in front of him. No one had ever wanted to be his friend before. He was broke from his thought when a bullet sped past his head and almost hit Airmira. "Get down!" Rimu yelled and pushed Airmira down to the ground with his self on top of her willing to block any of the bullets that were coming.

"Where did that come from, Rimu?" Airmira asked as she looked around trying to find the source of the attack and then she saw what had done it. "Look over there." Airmira said and pointed to a group of dog police officers with high tech guns that were pointed right at Rimu and herself.

"Your people really know how to say hello don't they." Rimu asked and just before the police fired another round Rimu grabbed Airmira and threw her over his shoulder and jumped up and he could jump extremely high.

"Ah! You're going to kill use before we get away from the police!" Airmira yelled and hit Rimu on the back as he jumped.

"Would you just shut up and hang on instead of trying to beat the hell out of me!" Rimu yelled back at her as he jumped to another rooftop.

"Why are they after us Rimu?" Airmira asked now showing that she was scared by the tone of her voice, which was extremely shaky.

"Because you are considered a trader now because you were talking to me and actually being nice." Rimu said as he tried to looked for a place to hide.

"Why don't you just stay and fight them, wolves are suppose to be stronger than dogs aren't' they?" Airmira asked.

"Yes we are but I don't like to shed blood unless I have no other option." Rimu said and then he jumped down into an alley that was covered in dark shadows.

"Rimu I'm scared." Airmira said as she put her hand on his chest and closed her eyes because to tell the truth she was scared to death of the dark.

"Don't worry we'll be fine here, no offence to you but dogs are pretty stupid." Rimu said as he watched the police officers run past where they were hiding.

"None taken." Airmira said as she looked up at his face. 'Man he's so cute I just noticed that.' Airmira thought and then a slight blush fell across her face and she gasped and what she had just thought about Rimu.

Rimu looked down at her and even in the darkness he could still see the blush on her light cheeks. "What's wrong why are you blushing?" Rimu asked with a smirk on his face.

"Oh it's nothing nothing at all." Airmira said and waved her hands up in front of her face trying to make the moment go away.

"Oh all right then." Rimu said as he got up and started to walked down the alley and then he stopped and turned to look back at Airmira who was still sitting on the ground. "Are you coming?" Rimu asked.

"You mean I can travel with you?" Airmira asked with obvious joy in her voice as she jumped up and threw her arms around Rimu's neck, which made him back up in the sudden contact between Airmira and himself.

"Yes you can but could you please get off of me?" Rimu asked and pushed her away lightly.

"Oh sorry I was just so happy that I really had a friend now." Airmira said and smiled up at Rimu who was still in a little bit of shock at what she had just done. "So where are you going now? Or should I say where are 'we' going now?" Airmira said and smiled sweetly at Rimu.

"What have I gotten myself into?" Rimu asked himself in almost a whisper as he started walking with Airmira right behind him.

"What was that?" Airmira asked as she got right up next to him and looked up at his face.

"Nothing," Rimu said and continued to walk down the alley.

"Oh ok." Airmira said and fell in step with Rimu.

A while later they made it to a bar that was near the alley they were in and Rimu walked in with Airmira right behind him. When they walked in everyone turned and stared at him and then everyone's gazes fell on Airmira. Rimu walked up to the bar and sat down at on of the seats and Airmira sat down next to him.

"Rimu I don't like it here everyone's staring at me." Airmira said and moved closer to him when one of the dogs smiled at her and winked.

"They are probably wondering why you are talking to me." Rimu said as he took a sip of his drink.

"No wonder you never had any friends." Airmira said in almost a whisper.

"What's that suppose to mean?" Rimu asked with a look of confusion on his face.

Author's Note: Hey how's it going? This is my first try at writing something like this. I usual write anime fanfictions but I had this idea pop into my head and I would really love it if you would review my story. Please be nice about it. Thanks^_^