Fan Fiction ❯ The Headman's son ❯ Kidnapper ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Headman's son

Part One

Author's Notes: This "narrative essay" was written for my English class. Not much to say, go ahead and read?

The sky was dark and the air was foggy. The thin streams of clouds hovered gently above the dull ghostly city. The full moon casts its light around the old torn buildings. Some of the old dying tree branches' shadows appeared as if it were claws of a monster lingering for its next prey. The dry withering leaves peddled along the cold cement floor among the chilly autumn breeze.

A long thin shadow moved slowly on the sidewalk. His dark brown hair hung over his cold pale blue eyes. His leather brown trench coat covered his long thin body. Black pants and formal dress shoes covered the healthy tanned color of his skin. The figure was walking through the city without a care of any dangers lurking at each corner.

"So you're the headman's son, Aoshi," A voice behind him whispered. A gun was pressed into the figure's back. Aoshi froze, his eyes narrowed. "What do you want?" he asked.

The voice laughed, "I could kidnap you and use you as a ransom, or end your life right here, imagine the headlines, `Aoshi, age 17, the headman's son, shot and killed in the back while walking aimlessly around the city.' Imagine how your father would feel."

Aoshi's expression remained cool and calm, "I could care less about how my father feels, and I don't like either of those choices," He replied and quickly elbowed the large man behind him. The filthy man grunted and stumbled back, he quickly lifted his gun at the teen. Aoshi swiftly turned and grabbed the man's wrist. The man panicked and pulled the trigger.

Aoshi's eyes widen, he forced the man's wrist upward causing the bullets to aim at the sky. He quickly punched the man's stomach and kicked him towards the wall. The man glared weakly at the boy, and dropped his head down. "Think twice before messing with me again," Aoshi's deep voice whispered.

He turned to leave, but he heard another voice, a muffle and a cry. It belonged to a woman. Aoshi could see some figures moving in the hidden alleyway. A different tall lean man stepped forward while holding a gun at a young woman's head.

"I knew that bum's plan wouldn't work, you better not move or we'll kill this woman on the spot," The shadow snarled as he presses the gun in the lady's skull. She closed her eyes and whimpered with aghast. Tears were flowing down her cheek.

Aoshi glared into the captor's eyes, "I'm not in the mood for this, go kill the girl if you want to," He spat out. The girl stopped crying and opened her eyes in fear. The captor growled, "It takes a lot of guts to say that you punk!"

The staid and calm Aoshi smiled and raises his gun at the man, and pulled the trigger. The man yelped as Aoshi's bullet barrowed deep into his shoulder. Aoshi quickly veered towards the frightened damsel and grabbed her arm. "Come on, I'll get you to a safer place," He said. The girl slightly nodded and tagged along by him.

"Don't let them get away! Shoot them!" The man screamed. Hoards of flying bullets came spiraling from behind the running duo. They soon ran into a corner, Aoshi pushed the young woman ahead, "Go! Keep running!" The pale woman nodded and scampered ahead.

Aoshi reached into his coat pocket and grabbed a small grenade; he quickly plucked the clip off and threw it back at the mob. The hordes of man began freaking out and froze at the drop of the green grenade. "Run for it! It's going to explode!" One of the men screamed.