Fan Fiction ❯ The Headman's son ❯ Captivated ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Headman's Son

Part Two

The young woman panted heavily as she ran farther away from the scene, she turned around to see the big explosion of light flare throughout the city. She shivered in terror, afraid of what to do next. Suddenly a hand dragged her into another alleyway.

Before she could speak, a hand was slapped over her mouth; she peered at the person's face only to see the same person who had saved her. "Shush, they could still find us out here," Aoshi whispered. The two remained silent as several cars sped by.

After an awkward moment of silence, Aoshi stood up. "I believe the coast is clear for now, you should get out of here while you have the chance," he whispered as he started walking off. The girl quickly leaped at his waist and wrapped her arms around him. "Don't leave me out here alone!" She cried.

The brunette peered at the woman nervously; he was able to see her long pinkish frizzled hair hanging all over her face in the dim moonlight. She was wearing an oversized green coat over her long pale blue dress.

Aoshi knelt down and held the woman in front of him, "Don't worry, I won't leave… what happened?" The woman blinked, and looked away, her expression saddened "I was on my way home until several of those men leaped from the car and took me away, I was so frightened… They didn't say much, only that they needed a hostage," She whispered, lowering her head down.

Aoshi stood back up, "Well, why would they choose you out of all people?" he asked, as he leaned himself against a cold brick wall. He put a cigarette in his mouth and flickered the match; he held his palm close to his face as he lit the cigarette. The woman watched nervously as Aoshi exhaled the filthy air.

She looked away and wrapped herself tightly, "I uh… have no idea, I guess they just needed someone, but not many people go out this time of night, I just happened to be there at the wrong time," she stuttered.

Aoshi gazed at her, something didn't seem right to him. "Hey miss, what's your name anyways?" The woman quickly picked herself up and nervously looked into his face, "My name? It's Miho, Miho Mitsumi…"

Her eyes were a deep green color. Her pale skin appears soft and delicate. She seemed to have collected herself quickly, as if nothing had happened. How strange. Aoshi smiled a bit and held his hand out to shake hers, "The name's Aoshi Sakamoto."

"Sakamoto? I think I've heard that somewhere… that's the headman's last name, does that mean you're a relative of his?" Miho asked. Aoshi looked away, "I'm his son," Miho looked surprised, "Oh, Seriously? But, if you're the headman's son, what are you doing out here?"

"I just needed to get away," Aoshi answered and started walking, "No more questions, let's get you home," Miho slightly nodded and walked after him. She nervously tucked something in her coat.