Fan Fiction ❯ The Headman's son ❯ Predator ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Headman's Son

Part Four

The pink haired girl stepped into the home and shut the wooden door behind her. She closed her eyes, took a deep breath and leaned against the door behind her. "You failed to complete the mission Miho," The deep voice said.

The young woman opened her eyes and peered at the man sitting on her couch, there was a dim light that reflected on his thick round glasses causing a ghostly appearance. He appeared around his late forties and looks quite built.

Miho glared at him, "What are you doing here Mr. Maxwell?" She yelled, "and how did you get into my home?" she yelled. The elder man smiled, "Calm down missy, I'm here to ask you why you didn't kill that man when we asked you to, and if I remember, this isn't your home, you're only living here because my company arranged that."

Miho clenched her fist, "Leave me alone! I can't do it! The plan was stupid and those men treated me horribly!" She yelled, and stormed over to the kitchen. Mr. Maxwell followed, "My, my, all you needed to do was act as a frightened damsel.

Aoshi could've chosen to give in, or be a total fool and try to save you. But we all know he's a stubborn kid, so he saved you, but during that time, your role came into play, you should've killed him while his guard was down."

Miho was silent, and leaned down at the edge of the sink. "I just can't do it, I can't take someone's life, even if it was the headman's son," She whispered.

Mr. Maxwell stood in the doorway, "Let me remind you, he is no different from his father, selfish, spoiled, and stubborn. He is the one who tore your father's business down. He is the one who left your family in bankruptcy.

But your father got hold of some top-secret information, he thought he could ruin the headman's company; unfortunately, the headman himself figured out his plan and had him assassinated. The police couldn't find enough evidence to lead back to the headman or his son, or maybe they're paid to minimize this incident…"

"Shut up!" Miho screamed, "I don't need to be reminded about that stuff right now, I don't see why you can't kill him yourself!" The man strolled around the kitchen, "Aoshi is a hard young man to take down. He managed to avoid our best assassins. He's like a snake; he can slither past our best defenses gingerly and attack anything at ease. But we need to strike him when his guard is down, and what way can we lower a man's defense? A woman, a vulnerable damsel crying for help,"

Miho disdained at Mr. Maxwell, "Can you leave me alone right now?" The man walked to the front door and grabbed his hefty trench coat and hat, "Don't worry, I was going to leave anyways, we'll discuss the money issues tomorrow, I trust you can get the job done, Ms. Mitsumi?" He said in a peculiar tone. He tucked his hat on and left.

Miho could hear the front door close. She strolled over to a seat and sat down, she laid her head down on a table, `How did I get myself into this mess? I do need that money…"