Fan Fiction ❯ The Headman's son ❯ Vigilant ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Headman's Son

Part Five

Fancy designs and glimmering lights were seen all around. Loud chattering and conversations were heard everywhere you go. A myriad of people were there. Men were in tuxedos and women were wearing long pretty dresses with thick jewelry hanging beneath their necks. Soft gentle music can be heard from the orchestra.

A familiar brunette was standing in the corner; he was sipping some wine in an expensive glass. "Are you enjoying yourself Aoshi?" Aoshi looked up from his glass, "Oh, it's only you father…" He mumbled.

The headman smirked at his son, and turned to another man, "Aoshi, I want to introduce you to a good friend of mine, Mr. Maxwell," A tall man stepped forward, "It's a pleasure to be finally introduced to the great Aoshi Sakamoto," He raised his hand to greet him.

Aoshi stared at his hand and looked away, "I don't want to meet any more of your associates father, I'm going out," He announced and stepped out of the ballroom. The headman clenched his fist, "And to think he's going to inherit my company with that churlish attitude, he thinks he's got all this figured out, I have to set that boy straight!" He growled and stomped away.

Mr. Maxwell smirked, `That boy won't be around long enough to gain the company's power. Once he's out of the way, the headman will have no choice but to give that power to the next person in charge, me.'

He rose up his glass of wine in the air, "Cheers Mr. Sakamoto,"