Fan Fiction ❯ The Headman's son ❯ Betrayal ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Headman's Son

Part Six

Aoshi was walking grimly around the huge decorative garden. He walked by some huge fountains with a statute of a girl standing in the middle. The ornate girl statue appears as if she was crying while holding dearly on to her precious bouquet of flowers. How depressing.

Aoshi sighed and laid back on a rust old branch, he flung his jacket beneath the back of his head. He sighed and closed his eyes. He heard some panting and some rushing footsteps. Suddenly a running figure swooped by him, her pinkish frizzled hair flew past her.

Aoshi sat up and stared, `Was that… Miho? But what is she doing here?' He wondered. He quickly got up and put on his coat and chased after her. He tried not to lose sight of her, `For a girl in high heels, she sure runs fast,' He mumbled.

The woman stopped in front of a huge lake. The place was isolated and quiet. Aoshi stood several feet behind her, "Hey! Is that you Miho?" He asked.

The girl turned around, "Yes…" she replied, and held out a gun. Aoshi's eyes widen, he stepped back. "Don't move Aoshi," she commanded. The brunette froze. Miho held the gun with her two hands; she slowly walked up to him. "Why are you doing this Miho?" He asked.

Miho held the gun firmly with her two hands, "Because you and your father ruined my family, we had all the things we wanted in the world, a home, good money, and each other, but you guys took all that away from me!

We could've been happy, but you and your father vied for more money and power, and in doing so, you ruined my father's business and took all that money for yourselves… what hurt me the most, you are the ones who killed my father!" She cried.

"My mother and I were thrown in a frugal situation, we both worked hard to earn back the money we lost, but soon my mother gained an incurable sickness, and passed away. I was left alone, my relatives didn't love me, no one was there to comfort me. As each year passed by, my hatred for your family evolved. One day, I was given this opportunity. I could get revenge for my father, and I could rest in peace knowing you guys are dead."

Aoshi closed his eyes, "I know how you feel," Miho pressed the gun into his head, "You can't honestly know who I feel!" She yelled. Her shivering finger gets ready to pull the trigger.

"Kill me if you must, I could finally rest in peace and get out of this chaotic world." Aoshi smiled. Miho closed her eyes, "Farewell Aoshi…." She whispered, and pulled the trigger.