Fan Fiction ❯ The ledgend of Wydro ❯ the night's rest ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Wildfire stands still for a moment, reflecting upon what he had witnessed since coming into the forest. . [A band of...well...Kitsune and Semi-Kitsune off to help this…Whelp learn how to protect himself... Oy...]
Sky's soul: blinks and lets the bones fall to the ground, her spirit teasing the air, the spirit would seem to fly away leaving Wydro there for a minute, then a black fox with red tipped ears, tails, and paws would walk into veiw, seeming that she had thought ahead. she would lie down on the ground feathered wings resting on her back. "better my son?" she tilted her head slightly waiting for a answer.
Wydro blinks at this new form circling it first, then tugging on the ear to make sure it was real and not another illusion. he barked softly. "aye much better.
Wildfire 's eyes look over towards Sky... getting a little distracted by the transformation from bone to something else. His eyes in particular came to look at the wings. . [Bah...]
Sky Skywiz smiles slightly resting her head on her paws, stretching her wings slightly. "glad you approve." she yawns slightly. "it's best not to stay here....if we sleep here we may never wake up."
Wydro blinks " why's that? too many souls?" his two tails were wagging like hell, at seeing his mother back in her own skin again.
Wildfire shakes his head slightly... "No Cub... I have fallen asleep in a place like this before... memories flood into your mind and try to confuse you... and it's hard to escape." ...one might only imagine what he had seen...
Sky Skywiz nods " that is the one thing i do not-will not experince again...I just might die again if I do..." she stood up picking the cub up by the scruff of his neck, “come lets get out of this place..." her black fur glistened in what was now the moonlight, the fog seeming to have dissipated around them and even more so as they walked forward.
Wydro is picked up and carried away what more is there to say?
Wildfire lets out a soft grunt, looking behind him over towards Titan to see what part he had to say in this. "So... where do we go first... if I may ask..."
Sky Skywiz blinks looking back at wild. "up to my palace and into the shadows, through the hells and into the demon realm, from there....we seek out the other kitsune and my friend Phoxy, another fire kitsune, such as yourself, only she has had the same training as i have."
Wydro blinks "who's phoxy? will i like her? is she mean? where does phoxy live? when will i meet her?"he wags his tails again.
Wildfire can't imagine himself getting that excited... ever... over meeting a new person. But then again... he hadn't seen his mother as a skeleton... or been in a Spirit Forest so young...
Sky Skywiz blinks her ears perking slightly "Phoxy is one of those that was being trained as a AIT as was I....you will like her, indeed you shall like the maker of the flamewine i keep, for i know for a fact that you have been sneaking it, phoxy lives....in well, the nine hells we will be passing through...and we will be meeting her, when we do..." she continues to walk forward, more of the fog dissappeared, now she knew for a fact that her grandson knew that she was down here.
Wildfire's eyes bulge slightly... as Sky mentions the Nine Hells. . [There? We have to go through there! That's not cool at all!] he crosses his arms against his chest and quietly follows after them.
Sky Skywiz blinks walking out of the forest waiting for the others that seemed to have followed her out.
Wydro blinks seeing that they had stopped. "what is it momma? why are we stopping here?"
Wildfire pauses too... as the pair ahead seem to have stopped. "...errr... yeah... why?"
Sky Skywiz blinks looking back at wild. "well, i don''t see any wings on your body....my palace resides in the sky...how would you get up there without me or wings?" she blinks again.
Wildfire stands a little rigid. First... having to go through Hells... plurl... and now having to fly? The fox crosses his arms against his chest. "...maybe you could open some sort of... like... portal when you're up there?"
Sky Skywiz looks at him. "I was planning on warping up there but to do that i need your approval to take you through that kind of transportation, do i have it?" she flicked on of her four tails.
Wildfire looks to his left... then looks to his right... it sure beat flying at least. "...got my permission I suppose."
Sky Skywiz nods "good..." she walks back over to him and would stands on her hind legs, bringing her up to his eye level "give me your paw then and we'll be off."
Wildfire Carefully extends his right hand out towards her... looking side to side. He felt a little silly of course... but... still it was for the better of Wydro at least.
Sky Skywiz smiles grasping it tightly as she and he for that matter dissappear quickly and reappear in the sitting room of her palace, there she released him and gently dropped back to ground, letting Wydro down. "make yourself at home, we wont be leaving until tommorrow...get some rest and what not, there are bedrooms down the hall if you would like to sleep there instead of on the couch. with that she heads off into the kitchen to grab a leg of ham to eat.
Wildfire's eyes flare as the view changes to that of Skywiz's palace. Perhaps of the movement that was unfamiliar to him, Wildfire's knees buckled, and he fell forward. His hands were there to brace his fall though... but still... he had fallen over.
Wydro blinks at wild. "you okay?" he tilts his head to the side curious.
Wildfire lays there in push up position... his muzzle a few centemeters from the ground. Luckily he didn't bump his muzzle. "...yeah... fine... never better... floor happens to smell nice..."
Wydro blinks smiling slightly "it should, i had this placed cleaned with pine while my mother was gone. Now then are you hungry or somethin'? would you like something to eat or drink?" he blinks again, obiously not one to understtand yet...heh kids these days.
Wildfire lets his arms slowly lower him to the ground; he tilts his head to the side, allowing him to rest slightly comfortably there. "...Naw... I'm sure you wouldn't have much that would agree with my stomach anyhow. Besides... the carpet is... warm."
Sky Skywiz walks back in. "is that why this place smells so nice? Thank you Wydro, now off to bed with ye, i can't have my little keeper tired now can I?" she walks up to him and gently pushes him towards the hall then looks at Wild. "you'd be very surprised of what we have and do not have, i have served several here, the carpet should be warm, it's kept that way by the dragonic flame in the fireplace, all of the 'severants' here are dragons....though they aren't severnts at all, they are dragons i resuced and taught, they do not fight anyone that i bring into this house, now if you'll excuse me, i must see to the others that we left down in the forest and see my kit into bed, then i shall be headed into my room, as i said, you are welcome to any of the other rooms aswell..."
Wydro hurries down the hall, turning into the second room on the right leaving the door open behind him and hops into the bed.
Wildfire somehow manages to nod his head.. with scraping sounds of his face on the carpet. "Errr... righto! ...I'll be sure to find a room when I'm done... uhh... feeling the warm floor..."
Sky Skywiz looks back at him. "you mean getting used to the atmosphere up here, believe me it happens to many people, you should be used to it by now, and able to stand, if you have trouble try using your tails to balance yourself out." she walks down the hall at an easy pace, closing the door to Wydro's room after making sure that he was safe in bed. she then warped down to the forest gathering the rest of the gang and bringing them to the last doors on either side, and watches them go in, she nods as the doors close silently behind their occupants, and walks up to her door, which happens to be the first door on the right, and pauses looking at him for the moment before walking in and closing the door behind herself.