Fan Fiction ❯ The legend of Zelda, the king of thieves. ❯ The king of evil ( Chapter 5 )

[ A - All Readers ]

The legend of Zelda, the king of thieves
 
Chapter five: The king of evil.
 
Seven years had passed since Ganondorf became the new king of Hyrule. Most of the Hylians had gone into hiding. Others died in battle. Hyrule was now a cold, dark place. The smell of death lingered in the air, and the once proud castle town was now in ruins. Lake Hylia was drained of its water, and Zora's domain had been encased in ice. The cloud that swirled around Death mountain had become a colour of deep purple, meaning evil roamed the lands.
Ganondorf had infested the sacred temples with monsters, in the hope that the sages would never be revived. People saw no hope.
 
As Ganondorf looked out at the ruined lands of decay, he grew worried. Princess Zelda still had not shown herself. Had she really abandoned her land? And where was the Triforce of courage?
“Excuse me, your Highness?” whispered a voice behind him.
He turned around and saw one of his soldiers, scuttling nervously behind him. When she saw him look at her, she immediately sank onto her knees.
“The Gorons still wont cooperate. Should we feed one to the dragon as an example for the others?” She asked, her face to the floor.
“Very well” Ganondorf responded with a wave of his hand. “If they are so foolish to wait for their `hero'….” He looked at the soldier and asked “Is there something else?”
The soldier jumped slightly and said with a tremble in her voice “Ah, yes, your Highness. Its not that important, but a… boy left the temple of time… and we didn't see him enter it.”
“Tell me, what did the boy look like?” he asked with a slight smile on his face.
“He wore green clothes… and he had a fairy with him.” the soldier responded.
“Ah, so he has returned…” the evil king muttered. “Very well, you may go.”
The soldier clambered to her feet and left the room.
 
Ganondorf walked back to the window and looked outside. A troup of soldiers left the castle and marched off to Death mountain. He had noticed that ever since he had become king, his soldiers grew more nervous, and they did not look into his eyes anymore. Ganondorf wondered why, because he was still the same Ganondorf he always was. Yet he had the distinct feeling something inside him seemed to be growing. Something that gave off a dark aura. He looked at the back of his hand, where the Triforce of power glowed for a few seconds, before disappearing again.
 
But he had more pressing matters. The boy had returned to Hyrule, and Ganondorf was sure that boy would pose a threat to his kingdom. The boy might try to revive the sages, and lock Ganondorf away with their sacred might. The king summoned his powers, and created a duplicate. A phantom form of himself. He sent it to the Forest temple, to ensure the boy would never awaken the forest sage. As the Fire and the Spirit temples were already heavily guarded, he created a monster for the water temple as well. Now all that was left was the Shadow temple. But the old monster of the legends would not be locked away for long. Ganondorf would ensure that the seal was broken before the boy could reach the sage of Shadow.