Fan Fiction ❯ The legend of Zelda, the king of thieves. ❯ The Sages ( Chapter 6 )

[ A - All Readers ]

The legend of Zelda, the king of thieves
 
Chapter six: The Sages.
 
After a few days, Ganondorf felt a disturbance in one of the temples. He closed his eyes, and telepathically he looked inside the main hall of the Forest temple. Everything looked the same, yet something was very wrong. He then noticed that all four torches had been lit, meaning that the four Poe sisters, who guarded the elevator downstairs, were defeated. He then heard the door to the boss's room slam shut. Someone had gone inside. Someone who was about to meet his doom. Ganondorf switched his mind to the room, which was covered in the same painting. He saw how the green clothed boy walked to the centre of the room. But the boy could not know the evil king was watching him. Ganondorf decided he would stay and watch the boy die, as his phantom form burst out of one of the paintings. Yet he underestimated the boy, who fought valiantly. After the phantom had been hit by a few arrows, it dismounted its ghostly horse, and tried to fight the kid on foot. But the boy used the sacred Master sword to bounce the energy balls the phantom had launched, right back at it. Within minutes, the fight was over. Ganondorf decided to step in.
“Hey kid, you did quite well...” he said.
The boy looked around in confusing, trying to find out where the voice was coming from.
“It looks like you may be gaining some slight skill... But you have defeated only my phantom... When you fight the real me, it won't be so easy!” Ganondorf said, and then he pointed his attention to the phantom.
“What a worthless creation that ghost was! I will banish it to the gap between dimensions!” he said, as he sent the phantom to its fiery end. Ganondorf snapped out of his telepathic trance and muttered “One sage revived, 4 to go…”
 
However, within two weeks the boy had defeated the dragon and liberated the Gorons, defeated the water monster and saved the Zora's from an icy grave. Both the sage of Fire and the sage of Water were now revived too. Ganondorf decided it was time for drastic measures.
Ganondorf transported himself to the well in Kakariko village. It had dried up a few years ago, after the windmill broke down. A demon was locked in there by the Sheikah race, many years ago. Ganondorf examined the seal. A simple spell would do. He shot a few energy balls at the weakest spot. Suddenly, the ground began to rumble and it started to rain. The vile creature in the well was getting ready to break out of its prison. Having fulfilled his job, Ganondorf zapped back to his castle. If the boy could defeat this monster, he might even last 5 minutes against Ganondorf himself.
 
But still, the next day Bongo-Bongo, the ancient demon, had been destroyed by the kid. Only one temple remained. The spirit temple, guarded by Ganondorf's surrogate mothers, the Twinrova sisters. Ganondorf thought they could not be defeated, as they raised him, and thought him everything he knew about magic. Yet he was sorely mistaken. A few days later,
there was a knock on his door. It was the same Gerudo soldier who told him that the boy had appeared in the temple of time. She bowed down before him, and Ganondorf noticed she was much more nervous than before.
“Yes? What is it?” Ganondorf said.
“Uhm… Y-Your highness. I'm afraid I have some terrible news…” the soldier began. She took a deep breath. “The Twinrova sisters have been defeated, and Nabooru has awakened as a Sage.” She said this all very quickly.
Ganondorf roared and threw a chair against the wall, which shattered into pieces. The soldier ran back towards the door, but Ganondorf stopped her.
“Tell the other Gerudo to evacuate the castle. I will send a nice invitation to this kid, and give him a warm welcome.”