Fan Fiction ❯ The Link/Sheik Saga ❯ For the Truth you shall never see ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Zelda.

Author Notes: This is part three in the He Never Spoke a Word saga. I know I told y'all that Destiny would be the next installment, but I needed a chance to get some major points across. (Such as, what might have happened after Link woke up and they started making out…) Anyway, as always READ PART ONE AND TWO FIRST! Part one was He Never Spoke a Word, and part two was Hero's Hero. Now, my friends, I give you an interlude. This fic will mostly be dialogue between Sheik and Zelda, but Link will be in it. He just won't be partaking in the conversations. Now, for those who are choosing not to heed my warnings about reading HNSW and HH, I have another message for you. This series is AU and SLASH. Sheik is a GUY. Pairings are Link/Sheik and…I think that's about it. Ja ne, enjoy the fic.

For the truth you shall never see

(An interlude)

"You wished to speak with me, Princess?" The ruby eyed Sheikah questioned from the doorway of Princess Zelda's room. "I have Link with me too, just as you asked."

"Yes." Zelda nodded. "Both of you, come in here."

Link, the Hero of Time, stepped into the room and grabbed Sheik's hand protectively, or simply in desire of protection, Zelda noted sadly. She also caught the distinct squeeze from Sheikah to Hylian. Sheik had been even more protective of Link ever since the Incident, as Ruto had melodramatically dubbed it. All the sages had noticed it; they had also noticed the obvious lack of Impa in their meetings, which were getting more and more frequent since the young Sheikah had announced their relationship.

"I wished to speak with you of some pressing matters." She told them softly. "The other Sages will be here soon." She had not missed the flash of emotion in Sheik's ruby eyes. "Your mother included, Sheik." She sighed and rolled her eyes as Sheik visibly flinched. Link gave him a worried look and then it changed to more of a questioning gaze as he turned to Zelda. "You two cannot hide from her forever!" Zelda persisted. She and the other Sages had been trying to concoct some sort of reconciliation ever since Impa had stormed out on them on the night of the Incident.

"I refuse to stand here and watch her question us, or worse, ignore us completely." He murmured, to be accompanied by Link's almost violent nods. "When she accepts my relationship with Link, then I shall speak to here again."

He turned to go, dragging Link behind him as the blonde Hero stumbled to keep up with Sheik's suddenly quick pace. Zelda reached out and grabbed Sheik's hand, much to Link's disgruntled objection.

"Sheik…" Zelda stared into angered ruby eyes with teary blue ones. "Please? Your presence might decide the fate of Hyrule…"

"Alright…" Sheik sighed in resignation. "Link? Is this okay with you?" His question was answer by Link bobbing his head. "Very well, Zelda. It looks like I'm out numbered, we'll stay."

"Oh, good!" Zelda giggled, clapping her hands together in excited joy. "I hoped you would! Now, the others shouldn't be here for a while, and I'd like to talk to the both of you in private, would you join me for lunch?"

Link gave Sheik a pointed look and shook his head.

"Link says he's not hungry, but to just give him some good, strong, alcohol." Sheik translated calmly.

"How can you possibly know that?" Zelda questioned him, looking curiously between the two blonde men.

"Call it Lover's Intuition." Sheik replied, smirking under his mask, to be backed up by Link, once again bobbing his head in agreement.

The three walked off toward the dining room, built simply and smaller than the Formal Halls, which they were usually in.

"So, Sheik, has he been able to say anything as of yet?" Zelda questioned the Sheikah over her wine glass. "At all? Even a whimper?"

"No." Sheik shook his head and glanced warily over at Link, who was beside him guzzling down the unmarked liquor that Zelda's servant had recommended. "Not a peep since…it happened…"

Sheik had put out a conscious effort not to mention the time when Link had almost gone insane around his lover. A slight sub-conscious fear plagued him that the Hero of Time might still be mentally, and emotionally, unbalanced told him to steer clear of the subject.

"Pity…" Zelda murmured, taking a sip of her wine, the red liquid staining her pale lips with a rosy tinge. "I had hoped that he would have woken up and told you what happened after the Shadow Temple when I took over…"

"Zelda…" Sheik calmly began, masterfully concealing the small smile threatening to crawl up onto his face, "I already know of the battle with Ganondorf."

"But…how?" Zelda's eyes widened and she refilled her glass from the bottle of red wine sitting conveniently close to her seat.

"He told me." Sheik stated calmly ignoring the frantic screaming from the princess and sniffing the bottle that Link had just set down. "What is this shit, anyway?" He questioned the Hero, who, in turn, shrugged and reached for a dinner roll.

"But you just said he still hasn't said anything! How the bloody hell could he tell you what happened with Ganondorf if he didn't say anything and what did he tell you about Ganondorf, did he give any clues as to why the experience was so traumatizing? -"

Sheik felt sure that she would have gone on longer if Link hadn't shoved yet another roll in her mouth. Sheik laughed and kissed his lover on the temple before setting about answering her questions.

"Ah, dear Princess, indeed it is true that he has not spoken to me, or at all, as of late, yet I assure you, 'tis not necessary for verbal words to be passed back and forth between us for our young Hero of Time to get his message across." He turned back to Link and raised an eyebrow in question at Link, as if to ask permission to explain the rest to her. Link looked hesitant for a moment, but nodded in agreement. "It seems that at some point you had passed out, Zelda. During that time, it would appear that, Ganondorf to advantage of the situation…"

"Definition, Sheik." Zelda commanded, concern etched across her face, her eyebrows drawn together, forming small creases and wrinkles on her forehead.

"Ganondorf bloody raped him!" Sheik burst out, slamming his fist down onto the table. "He stole the one thing that Link can never get back…and Link still had the mindset and spirit of a ten year old boy! It's no wonder he can't talk, I'm surprised he hasn't tried suicide yet."

There was a smashing noise as Link dropped his bottle. His bangs fell over his face, but Sheik could see the tears dripping down his face, making small circular splotches on Link's green Kokiri tunic. Sheik sighed and wrapped his arms around Link's waist, pulling him over into his chair.

"Oh, Link…my hero…don't leave me again." He whispered into Link's ear.

The blonde Hylian nodded and wiped his tears away. Zelda watched them in silence for a moment. She the nodded to herself resolutely and stood walking out of the dining room and over to the altar in the makeshift temple that was also her bedroom.

"This new development has to be reported to the others." She whispered, as if trying to convince herself that it was wise to call the Sages when Link was in such a state. Finally she nodded again and murmured a quick "yes" before beginning the incantation to summon them to her presence. "Forest, fire, water," she murmured, "shadow, spirit, light…Sages, Sages hear my plea…come here now to listen to me."

Six auras filled the air around her, green for Saria, red for Darunia, blue for Ruto, purple for Impa, orange for Nabooru, and gold for Raura. The seven sages were assembled once again for the aid the protection of their Hero of Time. Zelda explained what Sheik had told her in low tones, so that the Sheikah boy and Link would not hear her. Impa, Nabooru, and Darunia looked shocked, Ruto's aura flared up around her protectively, little Saria looked close to accepting tears, and Raura nodded knowingly.

"That bastard hurt Link?" Ruto squealed angrily. "If he ever comes back from the Sacred Realm, I'll kill him!" She waved her arms around in what would normally be a humorous gesture.

Darunia sat down with a loud thunk noise, and Nabooru dropped down next to him. Impa simply directed her vision over to the two blonde boys in the dining room.

"Raped?" She whispered out, taking in the vulnerable position that Link was, curled up in Sheik's arms. "But…how can the Hero of Time be raped? What about the purity of the Triforce and all that?"

"Pure good can only be combated by pure evil…" Nabooru growled, slamming her fist down onto the cold tile floor.

Impa nodded and began walking toward her son and Link. Ruto, who had calmed down somewhat, plopped down onto Zelda's bed and turned to her a questioning gaze on her face.

"It seems that the time for reconciliation has finally come." Saria commented watching the Shadow Sage approached her son, a few moments later Sheik nodded and Impa leaned in to hug him, ruffling Link's bangs at the same time, which ended in her hand getting swatted away from his hair.

Perhaps, now that they knew the truth, they were finally on the right track to save Link's soul from the shadows, perhaps even save more than that while they were at it, for it was only a matter of time before the resolution of this twisted story they all played a part in made itself known.

"Oh!" Zelda squeaked suddenly. "I forgot to tell you, I hade a Prophecy last night," She explained. "There is a great blackness coming, very soon."

~* END *~

Author's Notes: Okay…that didn't come out quite the way I had planned, but I like the ending. Ruto's so much fun to play with, seeing as how protective of Link she is. But anyway, thanks for reading thus far, Destiny shall be up soon.