Fan Fiction ❯ The Lost Village ❯ The Book ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Kyofu dug through the papers on the old style desk.

"Kyofu what are you doing?" his sister Mayu asked as she looked at Kyofu then around the room.

 

"Just sit down Mayu!" Kyofu replied as he looked through more papers. Kyofu then noticed something. A blue book laying under a stack of paper.

 

"Kyofu what are you-"

 

"Shhhhh!" Kyofu said

 

Mayu looked at Kyofu. "What's that?" she asked

 

Kyofu opened the book then closed it when Mayu over his shoulder. "Mayu… why don't you sit over there by the bookshelf… This might give you nightmares!" Kyofu said

 

Shrugging her shoulders, Mayu walked over to the bookshelf and sat down. Kyofu looked at the book and opened it. It was a journal dated back in the 1700. With wonder in his mind, he read the first entry in the journal. Day 1 year 1700: This is my first day on this land, I am very excited. The villagers seem pleased with this land too. I do not know how long we will be staying here.

Kyofu turned the page. Day 2: There is something strange about this village. One minute you feel like someone is following you. When you turn around… no one is there! Day 3: I think someone is playing a joke on the village. Today when I was walking through the village, I spotted a crowed of people. When I looked at what they were staring at, it made me feel sick. It was Mr. Snow lying on the ground with a pitchfork through his chest. I believe that was a warning or a threat. I am very concerned. Day 4: I knew it! It was a threat… men are coming into our village and killing people.

 

Kyofu swallowed his breath and turned the page. Day 5: My family and I have hidden in our secret rooms for a long time, but the men found us and the other villagers! We have to watch the men kill innocent people. I cannot stand to watch people being tortured then killed in front of my very eyes. I do not want to die this way, if I am… I wish to come back from the dead and seek revenge! Day 6: I have noticed it is just my family left. I fell as if I am safe. The men have not shown up yet so…

 

Kyofu looked at the entry, the rest of the log wasn't there. Kyofu then spotted something colored the after the sixth entry log. The end of Kyofu's neck felt cold.

 

"It's…cold in here Kyofu." Mayu said in a shaky voice.

 

Kyofu didn't answer, he turned the page only to see crimson stuff splattered across the page. Horrified Kyofu threw the book on the desk. It's blood! He thought

 

"K-k-k-k-Kyofu!" Mayu stuttered

 

Kyofu looked at his shoulder to see a hand rested on it. Kyofu smiled. "Ok, Mayu that's enough!" He said brushing the hand off. Except when Kyofu did that, his hand sailed through the person's hand, a chill ran down Kyofu's spin as he slowly turned around.