Fan Fiction ❯ The Misadventures of Tsuki and Nikko ❯ Shoe ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Episode 4: Shoe

"Tsuki!" called Nikko. Nikko had had an idea. A weird one, but it was an idea nonetheless. Besides, she was deathly bored.

"Yeah?" came the reply from the computer room. The sound of tapping keys on a keyboard could also be heard.

Nikko, not feeling like shouting across the flat, went into the computer room. "I’ve got an idea!" announced the brown haired girl.

"Should I go and hide?" retorted Tsuki still keeping her focus on the computer.

"No, this is a good idea," said Nikko indignantly.

"The last time you had a ‘good idea’ it involved Checkers getting blown up. Even though it was an accident (one I think you helped in some way or another), it was still your idea to go there in the first place," ranted Tsuki.

"That was a complete coincidence!" exclaimed Nikko. "Besides, you will like this idea."

"Okay. Now I’m even more afraid than I was. An idea I will like? When was the last time that happened?"

"No clue. Anyway, do you want to go shopping with me?" At this, Tsuki fell backwards in her chair and landed hard on the carpeted floor. "Don’t act so shocked... I go shopping every once in a while." "I KNEW IT!!!" cried Tsuki. "I KNEW YOU WERE PART GIRL UNDER THERE SOMEWHERE!!!" Tsuki jumped up and began to froth at the mouth. "We’ll go get you a dress, some cute tops, a skirt, and of course some shoes to match. And if I’m lucky, I’ll get you within five feet of a makeup counter to give you a make-over."

At this, Nikko began to slowly back away, fearing for her life. She knew that once Tsuki got started, there would be nothing in the world to slow her down. Well, there was one thing: Tsuki’s boyfriend. Alright… ALMOST nothing could slow her down.

"Tsuki...You’re starting to scare me...I’m just a bored person in need of something to do...And I only need everyday clothes. I do NOT want to look like some super-model bimbo…Although I wouldn’t complain if I had the complexion and size 6 figure of one…"

"But you actually want to go shopping. With me. For clothes." Thinking twice, Tsuki rushed toward Nikko and felt her forehead for a temperature.

Nikko rolled her eyes. "Can’t you just accept that maybe I really am a girl and I just want to go clothes shopping?"

"Fine. Your death sentence," Tsuki retorted as she grabbed the keys and headed toward the car.

Something clicked inside Nikko’s mind. She instantly regretted even suggesting this stupid shopping trip. "What have I gotten myself into?" she muttered as she climbed into the passenger seat before buckling her seatbelt. "You realize that your expectations of a dress are a little much, and makeup is completely out of the question, right?" Nikko asked, hoping for a little comfort to ease the fear she felt rising from the pit of her stomach.

"Not really… I figure a little bit of eye-shadow… lipstick…" teased Tsuki

"WHAT?! I REFUSE… ABSOLUTELY REFUSE TO HAVE YOU USE ANY AMOUT OF MAKEUP ON ME IN ANY FORM OR FASHION!!!"

"Yeah, yeah. I’ve known you for how many years now? It was worth a try though," shrugged Tsuki. They continued to the mall in silence, with minor bantering over which radio station to listen to, constantly joggling between the local Christian station and the up-beat rock station.

The two eventually reached the mall and, after countless hours of shopping, trying clothes on, Tsuki insisting that Nikko looked fine in what she had on, Tsuki running to and from the dressing room getting a different size and color at least twenty times, Nikko ended up buying only a few pairs of shorts and a few half-way decent tops—at sale prices of course, because Tsuki was an excellent bargain shopper.

"Tsuki, I don’t really like these shorts," Nikko complained as they exited the mall.

Tsuki rolled her eyes. "You didn’t really like anything you tried on. The dress was absolutely gorgeous. So was that skirt."

"I told you that your expectations were too high. I liked that pair of jeans though."

"Nikko watch out!" Tsuki yelled as Nikko nearly walked off the curb and out into traffic. "Pay more attention to where you’re walking and less to that tacky pair of orange jeans I refused to let you buy."

"Yes, mother."

As the girls were running across the street, avoiding the rush hour drivers. As she was crossing, Nikko, being the talented coordinated one of the pair, managed to run out of one of her shoes. "Tsuki, I lost my shoe… I’ll be right back!" "I told you not to wear slip-on shoes! ‘We’re going to the mall,’ I said. ‘Wear comfortable shoes,’ I said. But noooooooooooo!" retorted Tsuki from the curb. Nikko quickly spun on her heel (the one still wearing a shoe) in the middle of the street, and ran to retrieve the forlorn shoe, unaware of the speeding sports car headed straight at her. Nikko hastily grabbed her shoe and made a beeline to the other side where Tsuki, who was wide-eyed and horror stricken, was waiting.

"Nikko!! Are you alright?!" cried Tsuki.

"I’m fine. Why do you ask?"

Tsuki’s mouth fell open. It was all she could do to refrain from strangling her best friend. "YOU NEARLY GOT RUN OVER BY A CAR! YOU COULD HAVE BEEN KILLED!"

Undaunted, Nikko just shrugged and went to the car and put her shoe back on. "I’m fine and so is the shoe. So you can stop gaping at me like a buffoon. I realize that I almost got hit by a car."

"HOW CAN YOU BE SO CALM? I NEARLY HAD A HEART ATTACK!"

"I’m very to make you worry, mother. If it will make you happy, I’ll never wear slip-on shoes again."

Tsuki just stood there, staring at Nikko. "You’re awfully unruffled. I really don’t see how. I would have…" she trailed off as she saw Nikko’s eyes spark.

"You didn’t! Did you?" Tsuki asked in an almost sympathetic tone.

"I did. So just shut up and get us home now," Nikko snapped.

Tsuki didn’t say anything as she climbed into the car beside her friend. "Poor thing. I really do feel sorry for you, but you’re gonna have to sit on a towel."

"Yeah, yeah. And I’ll do laundry when we get home, just as soon as I change into some dry shorts."