Fan Fiction ❯ The Misadventures of Tsuki and Nikko ❯ pizza ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Episode 5: Pizza



"I’m hungry," wailed Nikko as she walked into the room where Tsuki was on the computer talking to her boyfriend.

"So go and cook yourself something to eat," replied the honey haired girl who was busily typing away at the computer. "I just went to the grocery store, and we have plenty of Nikko-safe meals: lots of microwave dinners and pizzas."

"Nuh uh. No way am I going to even try and cook again. Remember what happened the last time I tried to cook pizza?" asked Nikko throwing her friend and incredulous look.

"Nope. All of the things you try and remind me of are usually to my humiliation. I try and block most of those incidents out," said Tsuki.

"No. This particular time, I goofed up. Although, we never have enough ‘Tsuki moments’. Those are always funny. And you know what they say, laughter is the best medicine." Nikko turned and grinned at Tsuki. "Thank you Dr. Tsuki."

Tsuki rolled her eyes. "Back to what you were saying about cooking pizza. I want to hear this story, especially if you’re the goofball. I’m putting up an away message," said Tsuki clicking the mouse and then turning around to face her dear best friend and sister.

"Why don’t you just sign off?"

Tsuki gave Nikko a weird glare. "And have Taiyo wonder where the heck I disappeared to without saying ‘goodbye’ and ‘I love you’?"

"You’re hopeless, you know that?"

Tsuki rolled her eyes. "So what’s the scoop?"

"You know one day your eyes are gonna get stuck like that."

Tsuki practically jumped out of her seat and mock-strangled Nikko. "Stop changing the subject! Tell me already, or I might just strangle you for real!"

"You really wanna know?"

"No, I don’t want to know. I’ve just got my hands around your neck waiting for you to tell me because I’m posing for a portrait."

"Oh, ok then. Let me know how the portrait turns out."

"FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! JUST TELL ME ALREADY!"

"Yes, Mother," said Nikko beginning her story.

~*~FLASHBACK (told from Nikko’s perspective)~*~

As usual, I was storming around the house, practically starving! I walked in and asked you to fix me something. You mumbled something about me being a baby and something about teaching me a thing or two about the "real world" and how one day I’d have to fend for myself so I might as well practice. I strolled down the hall to the kitchen, hearing you groaning to Taiyo about how it had better be ok with him if you two don’t have any kids. (~*~Tsuki flung herself at Nikko. "What are you talking about?" "Do you want to hear the rest or not, Mrs. Kobayashi?" Tsuki just glared. "Ok then."~*~) So, I got to the kitchen and got a pizza out of the freezer and popped it into the oven to cook, being careful to follow all the instructions printed on the back. I figured it took 16 minutes to cook, which was just enough time to go talk to Kotaishi, since you were on the phone. After a while, I smelled something funny, so I went into the kitchen to check on my pizza. I grabbed an oven mitt and opened the oven, only to be confronted by something that belonged in an episode of the Twilight Zone. Flames were dancing all over this mass that appeared to be a mutant pizza. That’s when I screamed bloody murder for you. You ran in with the phone still in your hand. It probably only took you a half a second to get there.

You, being the more experienced at disasters, deftly darted for the fire extinguisher under the sink. You’re the only one who knows where that thing is. You move it every time you have to use it.

No sooner had you gotten the flames out than the fire department showed up in all their gear. Turned out that when you ran into the kitchen, you forgot to hang up, and Taiyo called 911 after he heard me screaming and you groaning about me setting the house on fire again. I, being the clear-headed of the two (you were off in la-la land, thinking about how worried Taiyo must be, and how sweet of him it was to call 911) calmly explained to the creepy looking guy in yellow what happened and that everything was under control. He didn’t look too convinced though. I looked down at myself and noticed my condition. I quickly told him that the snowman look was in this winter and how much of a trendsetter I was.

~*~END FLASHBACK~*~

"Oh, yeah. I remember that now!" said Tsuki with a thoughtful expression on her face. "You almost broke the oven!!"

"Heh heh…yea," said Nikko slowly backing away from Tsuki.

"And I never did kill you for it either…" said Tsuki. Then moving rather quickly Tsuki made a mad dash for Nikko, who was already locking herself up in the computer room, careful not to leave her puppy in the path of the mad monster.