Fan Fiction ❯ The Rise of Oni-Mitsuko ❯ Chapter 4

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
~Chapter 4~

For the next two weeks, Ivy was lonely and cried a lot of times at night. She even screams when she hears noise at night before she goes to sleep. Finally, she decided to go visit Rosa at the hospital.
Rosa was shaken slightly by a nurse.
“There’s a woman here to see you, Miss Heartland,” and Ivy showed herself in. She brought with her a bouquet with a variety of buttercups, dahlias, fern, honeysuckle, lavender, pink and red roses, sweet william, tulips, and zinnias.
Rosa grinned brightly, “How nice, all of my favorite flowers, thanks.”
“I call it the Heartland Bouquet. Anyway, how are you? Are you going to be fine?”
“I’m not sure but hopefully, yes,” Rosa closed her eyes and gave a sigh. but then started coughing out blood.
“Ugh... Ivy, give me that bucket over there!” Ivy set the vase of flowers aside, and gave Rosa a bucket. Ivy closed her hands over her mouth, her eyes widened, and started to gag when she saw Rosa viciously throwing up blood and bits.
Ivy stopped gagging and yelled, “Help! Anyone? Please...my friend’s in trouble... HELP!!!”
“No, it’s all right...the doctors can’t help me now,” Rosa coughed.
Ivy came towards Rosa’s bedside and whispered softly, “It’s okay. I know you don’t like hospitals, but doctors are there to help you...oh no... your face is paling and your hair has gotten frail, are you sure you’re all right?“
“Don’t worry...and don’t blame Mitsuko...it’s not all of her fault...there’s another person living in her spirit...Oni-Mitsuko...she’s the one who did this to me...I could feel her aura... it was a deadly green...”
“How are you certain?” asked Ivy.
Rosa touched ivy’s silk-black hair and said, “You know what? Forget it...you’re smart enough to figure it out yourself...and you know what else? You’re the most best friend I’ve ever had in my life... and that’s what I love...about...you...” Rosa’s hand let go, her eyes softly closed and her head softly sank into the pillow.
Ivy painstakingly put her hand on Rosa’s chest and felt no heartbeat. Tears rapidly welled up in her eyes and she cried... Later, she stood up, hands clenched up and yelled at the ceiling, “WHY?! Why did you have to take Rosa away? She was only seventeen and such a lively girl... why God? Why?!” she sank down and sobbed some more.
The doctors finally came in and looked at Rosa’s condition. Most of them lowered their heads and one of them lifted a blanket over her lifeless body.
“Miss, I think you ought to go home now. We’re sorry for your loss,” said one of the doctors.
Ivy glanced up and replied, “Okay. Sorry you see me like this.”
“Don’t worry about it. Just head on home now.”
Ivy slowly walked away without glancing at Rosa for she knew if she did, she would start crying again. For a sixteen year old, Ivy was a sweetheart and was overly sensitive.