Fan Fiction ❯ The She Elf's Tale ❯ The First Story ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: A She-Elf's Tale
Author: Spirit_Seeker
Email: spirit_seeker_19@yahoo.com
Disclaimer: I do not own any of the characters of Lord of the Rings. I only own Lilly
and her mother Loreena.
Rating: PG, later PG-13 or R
Distribution: Fanfiction.net, Mediaminer.org, Adultfanfiction.net
Note/Spoilers: Okay, this is a self insertion fiction. Lilly and Loreena are not real
real characters, only ones that I made up in my crazy head.
Also, this is an AragornxOC fan fiction. It is not that I don't like
Arwen, but I wanted to make this fiction.
 
 
 
The encampment was quiet as everyone sat around the fire. The hobbits, Merry and Pippin, shifted uncomfortably on the logs where they were perched. Sam busied himself with their meal; no one knew what he was throwing in the pot but it was food none the less. Legolas, with his lean Elvin stature, stood proudly on the rise of rocks around them, his blue eyes searching for enemies. The men Boromir and Aragorn sat with Gandalf and in low tones spoke about the rode ahead. Gimli was curled up next to the hobbits, his soft snores and snorts making them jump.
The She-Elf Lillani watched her friends with her sharp, emerald gaze. The wind shifted her flame red waves, creating a blanket around her. She shifted to her feet and padded softly towards the last one of their group. The hobbit with almost black curls and eyes as blue as the waters of Rivendell was buried beneath his cloak, his knees drawn up to his chest.
“May I?” she asked, motioning to the space next to him. Frodo nodded and shifted to give her more room. She plopped loudly to the ground and shoved her shoulder against him. The boy did not respond.
“Did you know that I am the daughter of Elrond?”
His head shot up, surprise set in his eyes. Lilly nodded and leaned her head back. The stars twinkled down on them as she began her story.
“My mother was mortal. After Celebrian, Elrond's wife, left for the Undying Lands, he met my mother. They had one night together, and I was born soon after. My prominent elf blood gives me the abilities and longevity of my father, but my hair and eyes are of my mother.”
She smiled slightly at the thought of her mother and caught Frodo's gaze. A look of shadowed interest was settled there, and her smile widened.
“A few decades ago I wandered into Rivendell after an Orc attack. I was the only one that survived, but I was on my last leg. My half brothers Elladan and Elrohir took me to Father to have him heal me. He took one look at me and passed out cold.”
A small giggle came from the hobbit next to her. Lilly grinned mischievously when a small laugh came from above the pair. She turned her gaze and saw Aragorn perched on a ledge, listening to her story. Frodo looked at him also, and beckoned to him. The man jumped to the ground and settled on Frodo's other side.
“When he awoke I had already been healed by another. I knew I was going to have to fess up sooner or later about my identity, so I decided not to wait. I explained to him that my mother, Loreena, had died about ten years before. I joined a band of rogue Elves that had no home and we went from land to land fighting off the forces of Sauron that were gathering. I finished my story, only to find that he broke the arm of his chair because he was clenching it so hard.”
“What happened next?” a voice exclaimed from beside her. Three sets of eyes turned to see Merry and Pippin shifting excitedly on their feet.
“Well, if you would quit interrupting the Lady Elf then she would tell you!” Sam scolded as he marched over, his arms piled with their dinner. Lilly beamed brightly when the hobbits sunk to the ground around her and waited expectantly for her to continue.
“Please go on Miss Lilly,” Boromir urged while walking over to sit with them. Gimli was rising himself, his dinner in his hand. Lilly waited for him to get situated before going on.
“I watched as his eyes flashed with anger and he rose to pace his study. He mumbled to himself every so often before he turned to stare at me. He asked me how long I knew that he was my father, and I told him my whole life. My mother was an honest woman. He was the only man she had ever welcomed into her heart. That brought him into another fit. He ranted about not knowing that he had a daughter, and how my mother never told him. Then he turned all that pent up frustration on me. He berated me for not coming to see him and for not telling me sooner. Do you know what I did when he was through?”
All eyes were turned to her, anticipation clear on their faces.
“I smacked him across the face.”
Gasps sounded across the campsite. The Hobbits' jaws dropped, eyes wide with surprise. Boromir hid his smile behind his hand; he secretly hated the high and mighty Elf lord for embarrassing him at the council. Gimli's hatred of elves got the better of him and snorted at the Elf lord for being taken down a notch. Across the clearing at his post, Legolas let a small smile escape. Gandalf just continued to polish his sword, though one brow rose in amusement.
Aragorn threw back his head and laughed uproariously. In his mind's eye he could just see the look on his adopted father's face when the petite she-elf hit him. His grey eyes would turn large with her audacity, and a red print would be forming across his cheek. Aragorn clutched his stomach, trying to breathe, and he fell on his back to the ground. His raucous snickers echoed as he rolled around in the fresh dirt. Their eyes settled on him in puzzlement, until a small burst of laughter sprung forth from one of them.
Frodo clasped his hands over his mouth, but his merriment could still be heard. Finally, not being able to hold it in, he collapsed against Lilly in a fit of giggles. He clutched at her cloak as he struggled to control himself, but failed miserably. The rest soon followed, their joyous laughter reverberating against the rocks that surrounded them.
Lilly watched her friends, her arms wrapped around the shaking body of Frodo. Her eyes met Aragorn's; grey eyes staring intently into her emerald.
“Thank you,” he mouthed and jerked his head towards the hobbit in her embrace. A blush settled in her cheeks and she nodded back. Their gazes never wavered as the gaiety continued around them.
The haggard wizard was the only one to notice the looks between the heir of Gondor and the She-Elf. A knowing smile crossed his lips as he quietly murmured:
“This is going to be an interesting trip.”
 
 
So, how did you all like it? I was looking for Lord of the Rings Pictures on the net, and this story just suddenly popped into my head. There will be more chapters to come, you can count on that. Thanks for reading, and please review!
 
Spirit_Seeker