Fan Fiction ❯ The She Elf's Tale ❯ A She Elf's Tale Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: A She-Elf's Tale Chapter 2
Author: SpiritSeeker
Email: spirit_seeker_19@yahoo.com
Disclaimer: I do not own Lord of the Rings. I do own Lilly and Loreena.
Rating: PG, later PG-13 or R
Distribution: Fanfiction.Net, Mediaminer.org, Adultfanfiction.net
 
Dedications: This story is dedicated to the people who have stood up for this story. Here they are:
 
Vdvlsgrl: Thank you for standing up for me and this story.
 
Nova33: Thank you for pointing out about Mary Sues. Also, this chapter is for you. You wanted to know how she came to be with the Fellowship, so this is your answer. Also, for the weirdness of Elrond's one night stand, that will be explained in later chapters.
 
redrose3679: Even though it is not nice to call people assholes, even though they tend to be, I really appreciate it. There will be romance in this story, but not to Legolas. Sorry, but I hope you still continue reading!
 
i-want-cheese: First off I would like to say that I love your user name! I really appreciate you saying you like my story. Even though the flamer's words hurt a lot, I am not going to stop writing this story. So, you don't have to worry about that!
 
Fan: I am glad that you read my story all the way through. That is a huge compliment to me!
 
Katie: I am so glad that you liked my story!
 
Sarah: I'm glad you like my story! Though there isn't going to be any eye color changing. Her eyes are green, and they're going to stay green. But thanks again!
 
To everyone else, I have something to say to you. I am going to continue this story until the end. Your comments may have hurt, but they are not going to stop me. You can keep sending me flames all you like, but I have readers who want this story to continue. If you do not like it, then don't read this story!
 
 
“A She Elf's Tale, Chapter 2”
 
 
The day had been miserable as the fellowship continued on. They were weary to the bone, and the piercing rain that hammered down on them wasn't helping. Lilly sighed as they trudged on, the mud sucking at their boots. She felt a shiver from her side and her emerald eyes turned to the hobbit beside her. A soft smile crossed her face as she shrugged off her cloak and draped it around the small body. She received a look of surprise, but he snuggled into the cloak none the less.
Lilly shook her head slightly as they pushed on. Every so often he would stumble, but caught himself before anyone could help him.
`For one so young, to have such a burden on his shoulders,' she thought and squinted her eyes against the rain. She could see Boromir with his arms around Merry and Pippin, trying to keep them upright in their exhaustion. Sam walked beside Gandalf and Legolas, the normally shy hobbit now chatting up a storm. Gimli argued with Aragorn, and every so often she could hear the man muttering about a stubborn dwarf.
`How in the world did I come to be in this company?' she asked herself as she smiled fondly. She was broken out of her reverie when a shout of joy came from Sam.
“There is a cave up ahead! Gandalf said we could stop there for the night!”
News of shelter and warmth brought new life to the smaller ones. Pippin jumped away from Boromir and raced ahead, Merry following right behind him. Even Frodo had a slight lift in his step.
“Come one Master Frodo! Hurry up and get to the cave!” Sam exclaimed and grabbed the man's hand. Lilly laughed slightly as Frodo was dragged along by his friend.
“What a group we make, wouldn't you say?”
Lilly jumped at the sound of Aragorn's gruff voice. His laughing grey eyes gazed into hers, as if searching for something. The she elf cursed herself when she felt heat rising in her cheeks.
“Yes, we are a strange lot aren't we?” she replied and raced after Frodo. She blushed harder when the sound of Aragorn's laughter echoed after.
 
 
 
That night, when the only sound in the caves was the snorts of the dwarf, Lilly crept from the cave. The rain had finally stopped, and the stars were clear and bright in the night's sky.
“To think,” she said softly as she clutched her cloak around her, “that sneaking into a secret council meeting brought me to this group.”
As she wandered over to fallen log, thoughts appeared in her mind. She didn't notice the rough texture against her backside, or the sound of hobbit feet striking the ground.
“Is that a bad thing?” a sleepy voice asked from behind her. She whipped sharply around, her eyes settling on Frodo. A motherly smile broke across her face and she patted the space next to her. He plopped down, laid his head on her shoulder, and closed his eyes. She draped her arm around him, pulling him closer to the warmth of her body.
“Will you tell me how you came to be here?”
Lilly laughed slightly at the memories before launching head first into her story.
“As a tracker, I am very adept in hiding when I don't wish to be seen. The moment I heard about father's secret meeting, I used my skills to their fullest extent. I watched as everyone argued over trivial matters, not even listening to what the other had to say. Then you stood up, you knees shaking, and stated that you would take the ring into Mordor. The moment you said those words, I swore that I would protect you with my life.”
Frodo shifted against her, burrowing closer in his cloak. Lilly beamed down at him, her hand brushing through his dark curls.
“When I told my father I was going with you, he wasn't very receptive. Even though we do not have a close relationship, the thought of one of his own going to Mordor burnt his heart. We argued, our words echoing through his study. The only reason I am here now is because my sister rallied with me. So here I am, all because I snuck into a meeting I shouldn't have known about.”
Her only answer was a small snore. She placed a kiss on the sleeping hobbit's brow and whispered:
“For one so small, you stood against everyone and did what they couldn't do. You had enough courage to go against everyone. Even now, as you struggle with this burden, you hold your head up high against the darkness. I will stay with you Frodo, till the end.”
 
 
 
 
Alright, there you have it! That's the end of the second chapter! I liked it, I hope you do too! Anyway, thank you everyone who encouraged me to write some more! This was for you! Another chapter will be up soon!
 
SpiritSeeker