Fan Fiction ❯ Warriors 2 the Horizon made from the Warrior book series ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ A - All Readers ]
Prologue

A white kit padded away from her sibling a dark ginger kit. Cheetahpaw padded over to her, his large paw slapped the ground heavily. “Hi, Rainkit.” he mewed seeing the deep look in her blue eyes.
From a distance Moonbrook glanced over at the kit’s a smile in her dampened frown. A pale brown warrior sat down beside her. “Spotttedfern’s only kit may make a difference after all.” meowed Bramblefur the pale warrior.
Moonbrook nodded then gripped the small rabbit she had been eating and bite into it. Blood spewed from it’s dark brown fur. Ruddykit, Rainkit’s only other close related kin in the clan padded over toward the two warriors sand was all over his unclean pelt.
“The scent of blood is growing all over the nursery!” he yowled panic was in his amber eyes. Moonbrook and Bramblefur staggered to their paws surprised.
“Well let’s go already.” growled the pale brown tom rushing ahead to see what had happened. As he reached the door he saw drips of blood all over the den. A limp and dead golden body lay silently on the ground not moving at all.
Moonbrook fell silent and then wailed as she saw who the cat was that had died. “No not Spottedfern!” Bramblefur shifted in front of her as if shielding her vision from the gruesome sight.
“Who would have done this?” he growled leaving Ruddykit and Moonbrook all alone by the entrance of the den.
“I don’t know but we should warn the whole clan!” hissed the pale golden warrior Moonbrook. Ruddykit nodded as he pushed after her in the distance. Bramblefur sighed as he looked around the den before he left he thought he saw a black flickering tail.