Fan Fiction ❯ Warriors 2 the Horizon made from the Warrior book series ❯ Almost to a new World ( Chapter 12 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Almost to a new world
Chapter 12

Her eyes gently opened as she saw the logs start to move. “Oh Starclan.” she moaned seeing tons of rats squeaking and clawing down from the small wood pile toward them.
“Well what do you know.” growled Fawnheart getting to her feet. “We are being ambushed by a bunch of rodents.” she growled unsheathing her claws. “Oh, mouse-dung.” growled Swiftclaw. He got to his paws as he pushed off of the ground.
Cheetahfur also sprang to his feet. His claws unsheathed and dug into the hard ground. “Rainpaw, Amberpaw, Tigerpaw, Ravenheart get up now.” mewed Cheetahfur.
Rainpaw padded over toward the other four cats her eyes widened at the sight of large crowd of rats. “If we are anywhere near the clans I would scent them but I can’t even pick up a scent of Riverclan or Thunderclan.” growled Rainpaw pushing in front of the other cats.
“Rainpaw we must kill them.” smirked Tigerpaw shielding his eyes from the sun with his paw. “No, we can’t fight them all they may be small but together they can be fatal.” spat Hawkfur.
Rainpaw nodded. She knew that Shadowclan cats and Windclan cats had more trouble with rats then other cat clans. “Ok but still I’m up to a good fight.” hissed Tigerpaw clawing the ground out of frustration.
“Oh, shut your mouth you stupid furball.” meowed Ravenheart flicking her tail violently.
The black she-cat looked away from the pale ginger apprentice. His stripes seemed to camouflage him from his surroundings.
“I’ll flay those rats and skin the alive.” hissed Tigerpaw striking a rat with a paw full of claws.
“Right.” laughed Hawkfur purring with a loud laugher. “Yah, let’s see you slay all those rats.” Rainpaw mewed with amusement. “The reeking smell of Twolegs are everywhere.” hissed Ravenheart clawing at a rat.
“Twolegs probably still live here too, we should get going.” growled Rainpaw halting.
Cheetahfur nodded then jumped on top of the log pile. “Come on we have to escape so we can find the route home.” he hissed arching his back. Rainpaw leaped onto the pile beside Cheetahfur. “Let’s get going.” growled Rainpaw taking charge.
Tigerpaw scratched at a rat. His fur bristling angrily. “Fine I’m coming.” hissed Tigerpaw jumping onto the log pile. His claws almost missed the jump.
Ravenheart nodded as she followed the apprentice. Her thin body seemed to fly through the air. “We have to keep going.” hissed the Thunderclan she-cat.
“We all need to make it back to our clans. Come on!” hissed Ravenheart staring at the other four cats. “Don’t you worry, I am coming.” spat Fawnheart padding away from the other cats to follow her clan mate. Hawkfur kicked a rat with his hind leg then flicked his tail impressively. His eyes stared away from Cheetahfur then he flipped a kick at another bunch of rats.
“Impressive.” purred Fawnheart staring at the dark tabby tom. Hawkfur nodded then he turned to grip one of the dead rats. Hawkfur stood up then sprang into a crouch.
He leaped beside Tigerpaw. “Finally.” growled Tigerpaw angrily. “Let’s get out of here already.” spat Amberpaw padding up to the log pile. Rats bit into her ankles. She ignored the pain though it made her bleed unregretably. “Ok all we need is the Windclan cat.” laughed Tigerpaw.
“Give me a break.” moaned Swiftclaw. A rat also was in his mouth as Hawkfur’s.
Rainpaw ran to the edge of the log pile. Rats climbed the other side to catch them. “Rats are so despicable.” hissed Swiftclaw glaring at them with hatred burning in his eyes.
“Yah well all I want to do is live to become a warrior.” spat Amberpaw swiping at the climbing rats, the other cats did all the same. “Come on Rainpaw this way.” groaned Cheetahfur leaping onto a rock Twoleg built wall.
Rainpaw followed, her eyes stared bewildered at him. “We could be seen.” hissed the white she-cat. “Yah.” growled Ravenheart. Amberpaw and Tigerpaw jumped onto the wall following Cheetahfur.
Rainpaw regretfully followed Cheetahfur. Swiftclaw, Hawkfur, and Fawnheart followed her.
She stared uncontrollably at the area. Thunderpath’s surrounded the ground. Twoleg dens led to the Thunderpath.
“Where in Starclan are we.” asked Amberpaw looking at the monsters zooming past them. “I don’t think we will last very long.” growled Swiftclaw studying the ground.
“Don’t say that.” spat Cheetahfur who rushed across one of the Thunderpath’s.
“I think we are meant to survive.” growled Hawkfur who lashed his tail. He then waited in front of the Thunderpath. Then he skidded across his heart pounding continuingly.
Rainpaw and the other cats followed. Well our journey here intervene half over. What would we do know? Was it Starclan’s intention that they all died here or even came this way.